Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Here It Is, Corvette Rice On Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2003, 06:09 PM
n1kki6
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Here It Is, Corvette Rice On Ebay (OleDog)

seems like some corvette owners have a double standard when it comes to the definition of rice. I've stopped caring if someone does something to their car that I dont agree with, you know why, cause its not mine, so who the hell am i to judge. Seriously this rice thing is getting old.
Old 04-03-2003, 06:57 PM
Phil-tha-Rush
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Here It Is, Corvette Rice On Ebay (n1kki6)

seems like some corvette owners have a double standard when it comes to the definition of rice. I've stopped caring if someone does something to their car that I dont agree with, you know why, cause its not mine, so who the hell am i to judge. Seriously this rice thing is getting old.
:iagree:

I always thought that the definition of "Rice" is .... misrepresenting what your car really is? :confused:
So, the ebay car WOULD be RICE by that definition.

The other car is question would NOT be Rice, but would more likely be classed as a "Custom". ( I think it looks great)

I also dont really care what anyone does to thier car, because its all about personall taste.
To me, its the owners ACTIONS that would offend me, not the appearance of thier car :seeya
Old 04-03-2003, 07:18 PM
Tolofou
Pro

Default Re: Here It Is, Corvette Rice On Ebay (Phil-tha-Rush)

Anyway since this post really sucks and is not going anywhere good I think it shoulod end now...

NO MORE POSTING ON THIS TOPIC! ITS A WASTE OF SPACE AND WE HAVE MEN BEING KILLED FOR OUR COUNRTY AND YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT WHATS RICE??

Old 04-03-2003, 07:21 PM
TopSpeedc4vette
Advanced

Default Re: Here It Is, Corvette Rice On Ebay (86VETTEMAN)

whats the difference? the difference is on how it looks...lol... and when did age matter? and why do u mock on a Z? scared that it'll take you out?
Old 04-03-2003, 07:44 PM
JSA 007
Drifting

St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: Here It Is, Corvette Rice On Ebay (TopSpeedc4vette)

Old 04-03-2003, 09:18 PM
Voltech_LT4
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In IV Veteran

if your trying to **** off half the people on the forum I think it worked... :nonod: :rolleyes:
Old 04-04-2003, 03:22 AM
CanadaVette
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Here It Is, Corvette Rice On Ebay (GDP)

:smash: :smash:
Old 04-04-2003, 11:33 PM
GDP
Team Owner

Default Re: Here It Is, Corvette Rice On Ebay (Tolofou)

Anyway since this post really sucks and is not going anywhere good I think it shoulod end now...

NO MORE POSTING ON THIS TOPIC! ITS A WASTE OF SPACE AND WE HAVE MEN BEING KILLED FOR OUR COUNRTY AND YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT WHATS RICE??
:skep: :leaving:
Old 04-05-2003, 01:15 PM
Dcvertigo
Instructor

Can someone define rice for me? :confused:
Old 04-05-2003, 04:04 PM
radwebster
Pro

Default Re: Here It Is, Corvette Rice On Ebay (Dcvertigo)

rice is putting $1200 rims on a $600 honda civic.
rice is taking off your perfectly fuctioning windshield wipers to put on one oversized, ugly, poorly functioning, POS wiper blade.
rice is adding a 4-foot carbon fiber wing to a front wheel drive economy car.
rice is adding the TYPE R and VTEC stickers to a car powered by a 75 horsepower 1.3L toyota motor.
just a few examples.... :cheers:
Old 04-05-2003, 04:04 PM
American Muscle
Racer

Mr Topspeed you have alot of nerve saying that corvette is rice . I quess you dont know what rice means .

RICE= ASIAN IMPORTS ,WITH FART PIPES , WINGS 6 FT HIGH, WHEELS WORTH MORE THAN THE CAR

MRTOPSPEED=IDIOT
Old 04-05-2003, 04:19 PM
radwebster
Pro

Default Re: Here It Is, Corvette Rice On Ebay (American Muscle)

topspeed....you think his car is rice?!?!? uh..who's sig says that they have a bone stock 85 with only a sound system and speaker upgrade?? :U
i have never seen a ricer that didn't brag about their systems, so you may want to rethink your definition of rice....
Old 04-05-2003, 04:52 PM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Re: Here It Is, Corvette Rice On Ebay (radwebster)

I don't understand what everyone's problem is...

He's a kid, so he is automatically an idiot... thats good thinking. You never know, he may have some valuable ideas that are worth reading. Perhaps his delivery isn't the best, but who cares.

Secondly, the C4, who's pic is posted earlier in the thread, is not for me. I respect the work, but don't like the end result. So what if its on a Vette, or its a member's car. The end result is what matters - if the owner wanted that, and likes it, thats all that should really matter. But at the same time, we should not be afraid to voice our opinions, pro or con, for any reason.

I see a lot of following on this forum, and this thread is just another example of bandwagon pettyness...

Let him have is opinions. Right or wrong, this nasty little thing called the "First Admendment" pretty much guarentee's him the right to share his opinions.

And age is not a limiting factor to sharing it... some 80 year-old could jump down our throats for being to young, also...

So, guys, lighten up... there is no need for mods to lock people out... just some understanding...
Old 04-06-2003, 11:59 PM
vmaxer
Advanced

Default Re:71 240z

No such thing as a 1971 240z. Datsun did not make a 240z till 1974.

:bs
Old 04-07-2003, 08:36 PM
Danno355
Pro

Default Re: Re:71 240z (vmaxer)

Actually, the 240z came out in 1969. :)
Old 04-07-2003, 09:36 PM
Ramanstud
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No disrespect to the owner of this vette, but as an observation:

If you take the wheels, paint and sound system- yet change it to a nissan, toyota or CRX, etc etc... the Forum Boys would be tearing him/her a new one as we speak.

But that's just good `ol fashioned Brand Loyalty. So I've got to imagine that this thread is one big waste of time, with one fellow bickering and cutting down the other over someone expressing himself in an inapropriate manner. Of course, the dude kept pushing buttons and heaped the :bs all over himself- even after the "apology." But so it goes.

Hats off to the "ricer" Vette above- even if I dont care for the looks, he could smoke my Baby any day! :D

And the White ebay'r- a pristine vette I wouldn't mind having (and how much would the stock badges cost anyway...)!

:rant:

[Modified by Ramanstud, 2:36 AM 4/8/2003]
Old 04-08-2003, 11:47 PM
96LT1
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Here It Is, Corvette Rice On Ebay (Tolofou)

Am I in the right place? This is the CorvetteForum isn't it? :eek:

With all the bickering and name calling I can't be sure.

I think a number of people just need to take a "chill pill" and relax.

Get notified of new replies

To Here It Is, Corvette Rice On Ebay

Old 04-09-2003, 01:48 AM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

Default Re: Here It Is, Corvette Rice On Ebay (GDP)

I don't really like using the term "rice" sounds too much like a hidden racial slur I call them what they mostly are "custom imports" so bear with my wording in this post....
IMHO it's not fair calling that car rice,it IS afterall a vette, around here the "import" kids run coffee can exhaust, wide low profile tires sticking out the sides and wings 10" high at the lowest, they are covered in stickers I can't read due to the font have base thumping louder than my exhaust and have those way cool... :U windsheild washer lights......now the problem is around here 90% of those cars are bone stock but it's that pesky one out of 10 that pull 11's on throttle 9's on bottle, a buddy of mine with a rather nice 351 bottle fed 89 mustang just got offed the other day by that one out of ten...it's a bitter pill....no I'm not praising "rice" Hell I would never notice them if not for the base tunes hurting my head at stop lights and that angry horsefly sound of the coffee can exhaust, I'm just not into "rice" to each their own..I'm just saying lets not insult any vette no matter how tatsteless something might appear to us after all the next car posted to be laughed at might be yours.... :thumbs: or mine.... :eek:
My 86 has ZR-1 wheels.... :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol:
On a side note, seem some folks on a forum pick out a car that someone worked on and made personal, the owner likes it, maybe it's the tackiest thing you have ever seen I agree it's your right to think that, this would get boring if every vette was a red whatever year, but does it really serve a purpose to use your rights to trash someones pride and joy on a public forum? Like I said before whatever gets you thru the night but why be nasty just because you can...it's weird you see people trash the hell out of a car they don't like on a forum but if they have to look the owner of the car in the eye in person it's a different story, most people have the tack and sense to keep nasty comments to themselves in person sitting behind computers gives us a new freedom...
As far as that members car that someone labled "rice" it looks mean and sweet as hell to me,and not "rice" by central Fl standards, thank God it's not a copied clone of every other c-3, lets not let the import kids ruin every cool after market part out there....
Okay enough of my rant it's not directed at anyone just my 2 1/2 cents worth of food 4 thought....:crazy:

charlie... :flag

[Modified by The13Bats, 7:03 AM 4/9/2003]

[Modified by The13Bats, 7:18 AM 4/9/2003]

[Modified by The13Bats, 7:20 AM 4/9/2003]
Old 04-09-2003, 03:19 AM
Darkness
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

:yawn: yah whatever that other pimp mobile :U
Old 04-10-2003, 03:47 AM
White On Red 95
Intermediate

Default Re: Here It Is, Corvette Rice On Ebay (Ramanstud)

Who owns this vette anyways? Are there anymore pics of it? diferent angles or anyhing? I honestly think it looks really cool!! :cool:

Quick Reply: Here It Is, Corvette Rice On Ebay