C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Loooong tube Headers

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2024, 02:49 PM
LarryBoyG
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Loooong tube Headers

Has anyone seen Headers this long before? Solid eBay find. I just bought them and I am stunned at how long these things are. There isn't a brand anywhere in them and as far as I can tell they are a custom fabrication, and they are very well made. I'm also unsure if there is any performance gains over traditional length full tube headers. If anyone knows I would sure be glad if they let me know. They are made for a 92 but I got them to bolt up to my 85. With as long as they are, there was no way I could go from the top. They even clear my bigger 85 starter. I got them by removing the cross brace that holds the fender well. I can't wait to finish up this exhaust to hear what they sound like. They will be going with a 2.5 inch Pypes stainless cat back exhaust system with racepro mufflers and and x pipe.

The old manifold bolts are temporary. I'm using them to hold the header to check fitment.

These things are loong, I'll have to cut my Y pipe back a bit weld in a new flange. These come with the bung welded in on both sides but they are so far back I'm afraid the O2 sensor is going to hit my shifter linkage. I may have to get a wiring harness extension and put it on the other side.

Old 04-24-2024, 03:25 PM
CA-Legal-Vette
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 272 Posts

You aren’t kidding, they sure are long. Look to be very nicely made though. Certainly better welded joints than I’m capable of. The flanges on those things are awfully thick too.
Old 04-25-2024, 06:56 AM
Incorvettei
Burning Brakes

Received 300 Likes on 220 Posts

I have never seen headers that long. They look to be made well though

Get notified of new replies

To Loooong tube Headers

Quick Reply: Loooong tube Headers