Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Will a standard carry-on roller bag fit underneath the targa in the back?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2024, 10:42 PM
ZBrink
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Default Will a standard carry-on roller bag fit underneath the targa in the back?

I'm flying out of state to pick-up a C4 that has both tops so one will be mounted in the back. How much space is left under the top? Will a standard carry-on roller piece of luggage fit underneath? I'm concerned the bag will be too tall to fit underneath the lowest portion of the top:

Old 03-14-2024, 08:25 AM
2011KLR
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 93 Posts
2023 C4 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I have a convertible so i cant help you w your quesrion. But, you said "I" and only asked about 1 bag. It will surely fit in the passenger seat.
The following users liked this post:
AftonJay (03-16-2024)
Old 03-14-2024, 11:34 AM
RUU
Melting Slicks

Received 117 Likes on 92 Posts

I think you'll be fine. There will be 12-13 inches of depth under the top at the rear of the trunk which goes down to 8-9 inches at the front. The transparent top should have more room underneath since it doesn't have a headliner.
Have a good trip!
Old 03-15-2024, 10:18 AM
vetteLT193
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 525 Likes on 315 Posts

If you put the top in properly you should be just fine. The top mounts in the back of the hatch area backwards. The front of the roof has an indent in it that actually locks it in place back there with the lever at the center rear of the hatch area.

Lots of people put the top in with the front forward, which can mess up the front of the top, the metal tabs, and it will sit way lower in the rear than it was designed.

Get notified of new replies

To Will a standard carry-on roller bag fit underneath the targa in the back?

Quick Reply: Will a standard carry-on roller bag fit underneath the targa in the back?