Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Which discussion to post mechanical questions in?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2024, 03:22 PM
eawatling
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Which discussion to post mechanical questions in?

I've had my 94 for at least 5 months now, and in that time I've had no shortage of issues. It's to be expected out of a 30 year old car of course. My question of course is where would be best to post my questions here. I see plenty of questions in both Tech/Performance and General, without much of the former being specifically performance related. I'm guilty of posting in both, I'm just not sure which is better. I searched around a bit on the website and I'm not sure if somebody has already answered this, but I'd appreciate some insight.

Also, is anyone tired of seeing these questions? I feel bad not contributing much other than questions, and some answers to the stuff I do know about. Honesty would be appreciated lol
Old 02-06-2024, 04:45 PM
ToniJ1960
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

I will tell you my experience from being here 7 or 8 years or whatever it is now, I see some mechanical help questions posted here and in performance tech most people dont complain ei9ther way. Ocassionaly someone gets that urge, but remember it does say tech/performance and if it wa meant as tech performance then it would be just performance. I post most of mine here unless its a little technical. Either way you should be ok.

Now on not having a lot to offer in the way of knowledge or experience well we all started by learning first (hopefully) then offering our experience. Its the tried and true method and I found myself contributing a little more over time. The main thing is if you love these cars youll come to love this place, its the best but it is the internet so keep your skin toughened up.

Hope your car is better and better and you stay with us for a while.
Old 02-06-2024, 05:49 PM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 377 Likes on 312 Posts

General = general answers and chat topics (what color is best etc).

Tech = technical in depth answers.

Some users here don't even look at gen as they just interested in tech topics.
Old 02-07-2024, 08:21 PM
eawatling
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you, I appreciate the response. She's driving well now, just needs a decent ICM to get the check engine light off. Just small stuff after that. Ill keep this in mind going forward, I love the love of corvettes here, and the people in general.

Get notified of new replies

To Which discussion to post mechanical questions in?

Quick Reply: Which discussion to post mechanical questions in?