C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Door Sill Seal - Ecklers

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2023, 07:19 PM
TripleB5832
Burning Brakes

Received 400 Likes on 235 Posts
Default Door Sill Seal - Ecklers

Anyone put these on their C4? I occasionally get caught in some rain and it does splash up in the door jamb area so thought this auxiliary bottom door sill would help. Ecklers shipped fast and no complaints on that part of the process but these instructions are seriously lacking. The pic is essentially worthless, can’t tell how it fits on there. Anyone put these on their car that could offer up some pointers? Thanks in advance.

Old 12-30-2023, 11:44 AM
slammin
Pro

Received 154 Likes on 121 Posts

I normally don't buy from Ecklers, but I am curious about this part. I did a search on Ecklers site using all 3 numbers shown on the instruction sheet with no results. What part number did you use to order the part? Can you post a photo of what they sent?
Old 12-30-2023, 02:44 PM
TripleB5832
Burning Brakes

Figured it out, pretty much only fits one way. Cleaned up the bottom of the doors, including some rubbing alcohol, trimmed the stripping to fit, then installed it. We’ll see how it does, I suspect it will do pretty well based on the nice fit.

Old 12-30-2023, 02:45 PM
TripleB5832
Burning Brakes

I’ll have to look up the part number. I remember I kinda came across it in looking for other stuff.

Old 12-30-2023, 03:00 PM
weeles
Racer

Received 186 Likes on 110 Posts

Not to sure if this is a logical question since I don't know how much water gets passed the outer window sweep into the door, but would that strip stop any water that does make it through be able to drain out the bottom holes of the door and out of the car, or would that strip trap it?
Old 01-02-2024, 11:00 AM
-=Jeff=-
Race Director

Received 173 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by slammin
I normally don't buy from Ecklers, but I am curious about this part. I did a search on Ecklers site using all 3 numbers shown on the instruction sheet with no results. What part number did you use to order the part? Can you post a photo of what they sent?
Try this part number: Item EK-25-104441-1
The following users liked this post:
slammin (01-02-2024)
Old 01-02-2024, 11:21 AM
slammin
Pro

Received 154 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by weeles
Not to sure if this is a logical question since I don't know how much water gets passed the outer window sweep into the door, but would that strip stop any water that does make it through be able to drain out the bottom holes of the door and out of the car, or would that strip trap it?
I think that is a valid concern. Looking at the posted photos, I can see where the holes are partially covered. I guess one could alter the seals to allow drainage. They wouldn't cause a problem for me because my 91 seldom goes out in the rain. I do wash it, but here in western Colorado, humidity seldom goes over 15% Things dry out quickly! I have seen those seals listed with other sellers as well.
Old 01-02-2024, 01:41 PM
TripleB5832
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by -=Jeff=-
Try this part number: Item EK-25-104441-1
Yep, that's it, thanks Jeff for posting it up.

Old 01-02-2024, 01:44 PM
TripleB5832
Burning Brakes

I think that is a valid concern. Looking at the posted photos, I can see where the holes are partially covered. I guess one could alter the seals to allow drainage. They wouldn't cause a problem for me because my 91 seldom goes out in the rain. I do wash it, but here in western Colorado, humidity seldom goes over 15% Things dry out quickly! I have seen those seals listed with other sellers as well.
Yeah, not sure about that, but would agree its a valid concern. I did notice it when I installed them but don't believe it will block fully the holes for drainage. I'll look at it again next time I have it up on the lift again.
Old 01-02-2024, 08:52 PM
weeles
Racer

Received 186 Likes on 110 Posts

Cutting out the small sections at those openings would probably work well for both issues. good idea.

Get notified of new replies

To Door Sill Seal - Ecklers

Quick Reply: Door Sill Seal - Ecklers