Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

How is this piece of carpet held in place?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2021, 12:51 PM
SloJo
Pro

Received 147 Likes on 105 Posts
Default How is this piece of carpet held in place?

Item #12, how is it held in place, glue or some other way? I have a 93 Convertible and there is a wiring harness under neath this piece of carpet I need to replace and I need to know how the carpet is held in place. Thanks!
Old 11-20-2021, 10:59 PM
sluggballz
Burning Brakes

Received 183 Likes on 121 Posts

If I'm looking at it correctly, that's the back piece that goes behind the seats. I had my carpet completely out about 5 years ago. If I remember correctly, it's formed to fit and tucks under the floor carpet. There's no adhesive, you'd probably be good to remove the seats so you can have decent access.
The following users liked this post:
SloJo (11-28-2021)
Old 11-20-2021, 11:52 PM
SloJo
Pro

Originally Posted by sluggballz
If I'm looking at it correctly, that's the back piece that goes behind the seats. I had my carpet completely out about 5 years ago. If I remember correctly, it's formed to fit and tucks under the floor carpet. There's no adhesive, you'd probably be good to remove the seats so you can have decent access.
Thanks, Sluggballz, that's what I thought but didn't know for sure. Do you remember If there was a wiring harness that ran thru there into the console?
Old 11-21-2021, 10:41 AM
jrobin1
Racer

Received 101 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by sluggballz
This is what I found also when I removed my 93 carpet. There is a wiring harness that goes into the deep well behind the passenger seat through a hole in the panel behind the carpet. Can't remember if it goes along the edge of console or through it.
The following users liked this post:
SloJo (11-28-2021)
Old 11-21-2021, 11:40 AM
SloJo
Pro

Originally Posted by jrobin1
This is what I found also when I removed my 93 carpet. There is a wiring harness that goes into the deep well behind the passenger seat through a hole in the panel behind the carpet. Can't remember if it goes along the edge of console or through it.
Do you remember where it goes after it comes thru the panel? I have a picture in my FSM that shows a harness going under the center console
but it doesn't show where it came from. Also, how was the carpet affixed to the panel, glue, or something else?
Old 11-21-2021, 01:08 PM
jrobin1
Racer

Received 101 Likes on 78 Posts

The carpet is not fixed to the back panel. It is draped over it. It appears to be somewhat formed, and mine ends about 1" on top of the floor carpet. The top portion that drapes over the top of the panel is held in place by the screwed down frame of the storage doors. I believe the harness goes underneath the console frame but just cant remember specifically. On a 93 the carpet on the side of the console is glued in place so the harness cannot run underneath it.

Old 11-21-2021, 02:24 PM
SloJo
Pro

Thanks, jrobin1, that's what I need to know!! Doctor Don, who is fixing my radio says I can replace that harness with removing any carpet
or the console. I don't see how I can do that but he says he's done it. When I get everything back from him I'm going to call him and have
him guide me thru this process. I will post the results on here for anyone else who may have to do this.

Get notified of new replies

To How is this piece of carpet held in place?

Quick Reply: How is this piece of carpet held in place?