Replacement car radio/CD system for '93 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2020, 02:41 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default Replacement car radio/CD system for '93 coupe

Just noticed that the factory BOSE audio system is all but shot. The CD won't readily accept loading a CD (much less ejecting it!), the radio works but audio output sounds tinny and weak. Antenna goes up and down with no issues. The FM part of the radio seems to work fine.

I'll have to remove the OEM radio anyway just to send it off to get the CD player working but if it has to be removed, then maybe it's time for a replacement.

Any good brand/model suggestions for a replacement? Single-DIN would be OK. Is there a specific install kit for C4's? Wiring harness?
Old 10-21-2020, 08:38 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,244 Likes on 1,951 Posts

Take it to a deserted area and have your buddy throw it up in the air when you yell "PULL:" and shoot it. Speakers? See above.

I would look at Crutchfield and see. I have the Bose unit too. More accurately, HAD. It suffered from lead poisoning. I had Best Buy run wires for me. That way, I get them to do the grunt work of snaking the wires, under my watch, of course. They left a foot or more at the ends. Snake wire to all 4 speaker areas. I did the final wires. Got the "Non Bose" option from Crutchfield with the faceplate. I got non Bose enclosures for the speakers and put the new speakers in, connected the wires and away I went. No more Bose.
Old 10-21-2020, 09:09 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

x2 I hear crutchfield is the way to go..dont wanna rebuild my BOse again I hear they got plug and play systems?
Old 10-21-2020, 09:40 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,244 Likes on 1,951 Posts

Originally Posted by cv67
x2 I hear crutchfield is the way to go..dont wanna rebuild my BOse again I hear they got plug and play systems?
Reasonably P&P. You have to run new wires but fitment is fine with the install kit

Get notified of new replies

To Replacement car radio/CD system for '93 coupe

Quick Reply: Replacement car radio/CD system for '93 coupe