C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Rogers Corvette Center

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2002, 09:25 AM
96 Collector Edition
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Well... (Tom Mieczkowski)

I think it is fair to say in summary that David Jr is a class act and a pleasure to deal with, while Roger leaves a lot to be desired.

And as far as tire kickers go, I kicked LOTS of tires the day I bought my Collector's Edition Coupe.....matter of fact, I was wearing shorts and a Tshirt too. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :seeya

Oh and to luvmy92...the cars I drove were outside and were no problem to access....the problem was Roger's attitude. :yesnod:

[Modified by 96 Collector Edition, 8:27 AM 12/5/2002]
Old 12-05-2002, 10:39 AM
GrandSport553
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Rogers Corvette Center

Guess I'll throw my .02 in on this discussion. I've been to Rogers several times. I'll admit that the sales people usually leave me alone (which is something I really like). If I have a question about something I just go over to one of them and they have always been extremely helpful and happy to talk about Corvettes. I'd much rather it be that way than to be hassled the minute I walk in the front door.

And as to the test drive, there used to be a Corvette dealer in Tampa who insisted on a $100 non refundable deposit before he would let you drive one of his cars. Amazingly he stayed in business for a number of years. I know that cost him at least one sale because years ago he had a black convertible I really wanted, but I was damned if I was going to pay for the test drive!

I'd be happy to buy a Corvette from Rogers anytime. But then I like low key salespeople!

Jim
Grand Sport 553
Old 12-05-2002, 11:39 AM
4Vettes
4th Gear

Default Re: Roger

"while Roger leaves a lot to be desired."

I was in Orlando in February on vacation and stopped in to look around. Shorts, T-shirt and flip/flops. I looked around for about 5 minutes and was asked by "a Salesman" if I needed any help. Turned out to be Roger himself. We started talking Corvettes and I made it very clear I was from the west coast and only looking around. We talked for over 30 minutes. Now, I would have to guess that Roger has better things to do than bullpoopie with somebody from the west coast but he was very gracious and accomodating and gave me his entire business history and how he got started. I feel I made a friend that day and will call him first if I want a used Corvette because his were some of the best examples of clean cars I've seen anywhere.

HarryB
Old 12-05-2002, 12:08 PM
luvmy92
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Roger (4Vettes)

It's good to hear some positive experiences w/Roger's. Like Hutch said, they get a tremendous amount of repeat business. You can't do that if you're stepping on or looking down at potential customers.

96 Collector - I certainly understand your displeasure w/Roger, but it could have just been a bad day that day. Everybody has them. I'm generally pretty friendly, but there are always a few days a year where I am not at my best, and sometimes I take it out on those around me...

Mike
Old 12-05-2002, 01:18 PM
96 Collector Edition
Safety Car

Default Re: Roger (4Vettes)

4Vettes.....guess you caught Roger on a good day then :cheers:

luvmy92......I agree we all have bad days......perhaps Roger had one the day I was there :cheers: :seeya
Old 12-05-2002, 02:14 PM
1K SPORT
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Default Re: Roger (96 Collector Edition)

I'll chime in with a :thumbs: for Roger's. Worked with Dave Jr. I'm from CA. SO it was a little nerve racking to buy a car with out seeing it in person. They did everything they could to make the transaction painless. Like setting up a third party to check it out for me. Setting up transportation to CA on an inclosed truck.

I would have no problems shopping there again. :cheers:
Old 12-05-2002, 02:14 PM
behnevette
Pro

Default Re: Roger (96 Collector Edition)

I have to say that I am also a satisfied customer. I've been in there many times since I bought my 92, and Roger has always been friendly and chock-full of information and advice. I will probably buy my C5 there when I am ready. I'm just not ready.

Also, I can attest to luvmy92's bad days........... :D
Old 12-05-2002, 02:16 PM
1K SPORT
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Default Re: Well... (96 Collector Edition)

And Patrick....might be interesesting to see how much Roger would give you on your car NOW.......better be sitting down when you ask :crazy: :crazy: :seeya :cheers:
That's not really an issue. Buy any car, new or used, from any dealer. Drive it off the lot and bring it back a week later and see what they will give you for it.
Old 12-05-2002, 02:53 PM
luvmy92
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Roger (behnevette)

Also, I can attest to luvmy92's bad days........... :D
:D :cheers: :D
Old 12-05-2002, 02:59 PM
96 Collector Edition
Safety Car

Default Re: Well... (1K SPORT)

And Patrick....might be interesesting to see how much Roger would give you on your car NOW.......better be sitting down when you ask :crazy: :crazy: :seeya :cheers:

That's not really an issue. Buy any car, new or used, from any dealer. Drive it off the lot and bring it back a week later and see what they will give you for it.
In Patrick's case it is since he already tried selling it back to Roger if my memory serves me correctly :cheers:

luvmy92....weren't you trying to sell your Vette awhile back or no? :cheers:

[Modified by 96 Collector Edition, 2:02 PM 12/5/2002]
Old 12-05-2002, 04:22 PM
luvmy92
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Well... (96 Collector Edition)

luvmy92....weren't you trying to sell your Vette awhile back or no? :cheers:
[Modified by 96 Collector Edition, 2:02 PM 12/5/2002]
I was but I had no serious offers. I really wanted a ZR1 (still do) but decided to get back into road racing with my current ride. I just bought a GMC Yukon to pull it to the events, so couldn't get a ZR1 now even if I sold it.

I'm happy with the decision. :cheers:

Mike

[Modified by luvmy92, 3:23 PM 12/5/2002]
Old 12-05-2002, 05:13 PM
Vmc
Race Director

Default Re: Rogers Corvette Center (ZO6 BOY)

Check this thread out.......One of these days this will all catch up with Roger Judski and his greed will undo his entire business.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=396128

:seeya
Old 12-05-2002, 05:25 PM
n1kki6
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Rogers Corvette Center (Mr Mojo)

I haven't read the all of the posts but try being 20 rolling up in nike nylon shorts and a shirt with cut-off sleeves and try to get help when your looking at vettes, some give me attention when they see me drive up in mine but half the time they ask if its my parents, i cant wait till this coming summer or the following and i get to see the look on their face when i write them a check for another one. That is if i buy froma dealer.

[Modified by n1kki6, 4:26 PM 12/5/2002]

[Modified by n1kki6, 4:28 PM 12/5/2002]
Old 12-05-2002, 05:39 PM
Hutch
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Re: Rogers Corvette Center (DCTC)

Check this thread out....... One of these days this will all catch up with Roger Judski and his greed will undo his entire business.
Greed??? Gimme a break. Sure, everyone check it out, and be sure to read *all* of the thread, including MY final reply at the bottom of page 3 at http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zero...=396128&page=3

Obviously, YOUR experience does not represent that of the majority. Wonder why that is, huh? :rolleyes:

[Modified by Hutch, 5:43 PM 12/5/2002]
Old 12-05-2002, 07:31 PM
sleepyhead
5th Gear

Default Re: Rogers Corvette Center

I don't have much experience dealing with Rogers, but what little I have has been good. I contacted them about trading in my '89 convertible for one of their top dollar 96's and interacted with David Judski Jr. via email a few times. As it turns out, he and Roger offered me a very fair trade in price for my car. Unfortunately, it wasn't quite what I needed to be able to afford to pay top dollar for one of theirs - but it was a much better trade in value than any other dealer that I'd had contact with would give. And furthermore, my emails were always returned in a very prompt manner.

Based upon that experience, if I decide to put my vette on the market in the Spring and get what I want for it, I don't think I'd have a problem dealing with them in the future.
Old 12-05-2002, 07:56 PM
GDP
Team Owner

Default Re: Rogers Corvette Center (ZO6 BOY)

I see it this way: The guy can be of the least amount of assistance--barred he answers my questions about the car faithfully--but if they have the right car at the right price (though since it's Roger's we all know that the "right price" is only right for the owner of the store, not the customer) then I'd be willing to buy it. I'm not so picky as to not buy from a dealer is no one comes to see if I need assistance. I'm wondering if that didn't happen because they don't get paid on commision? Who knows? I won't buy a Corvette from them anyway, they're so overpriced it's outrageous.
Old 12-05-2002, 09:43 PM
Vmc
Race Director

Default Re: Rogers Corvette Center (Hutch)

Check this thread out....... One of these days this will all catch up with Roger Judski and his greed will undo his entire business.

Greed??? Gimme a break. Sure, everyone check it out, and be sure to read *all* of the thread, including MY final reply at the bottom of page 3 at http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zero...=396128&page=3

Obviously, YOUR experience does not represent that of the majority. Wonder why that is, huh? :rolleyes:

[Modified by Hutch, 5:43 PM 12/5/2002]
Hutch....

I understand what you're saying......and YES, if it's a simple straight across the table, "give Roger some money" deal, things will go smooth as glass, with a kind word and a kiss from Roger, it's when it comes time for Roger to stand behind what he has already sold, (ie. not degrade the car and it's value after commanding a premium price for it), things change, and the claws come out, and you will no longer be a "Friend" of Roger's, but another pigeon to shake down..

Some may LOVE Roger's and that's fine.....MY dealings were great with them until it came time for Roger to buy...that is my point, as well as the fact that he's not exactly 100% honest about the origins or condition of the car he is commanding a premium price for.....that is the Caveat I imparted, no need to get our knickers in a twist.

If any of you DO deal with Roger, just be sure what you are getting, and be sure you don't mind paying throught the nose, I don't mind paying throught the nose if what I'm getting is primo, and this was what I thought I was getting when I bought from him.

Best to you.... :seeya

Get notified of new replies

To Rogers Corvette Center

Old 12-05-2002, 10:28 PM
litevette
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Rogers Corvette Center (rbhighrise)

I agree nobody wants to see a salesman with his fangs out running for you when you get in the door. But, you do need to acknowledge someones exsistance, (at least act for a few seconds like you care) if your business is getting someone two drop 30k+. I'm a very succesful sales person and I would also let someone look around at their own pace. But I would first let them know I'm there if they need my assistance. I also went to Rogers and got the same cold shoulder. I also chatted for a while with the friendly guy across the street. Guess whitch one has my business? I wonder just how much business ($) Rogers has lost by never taking the time to find out what most would call good business commen sense. At least I think he started the business to make money. By the way I love to look at other vettes as often as I can but I choose to drive right by Rogers everyday.
Old 12-06-2002, 09:39 AM
Hutch
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Re: Rogers Corvette Center (DCTC)

Dan (DCTC) -- well spoken. You will never convince me that Roger was intentionally dishonest with anyone in dealings, but I appreciate the level-headedness of your reply.

I'm done :) ... God bless America :flag ... let's go RACING! :cheers:
Old 12-06-2002, 09:52 AM
96 Collector Edition
Safety Car

Default Re: Rogers Corvette Center (Hutch)

AMEN......ALLELUIA......Let us all go forth in PEACE and LOVE :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

:seeya :seeya :seeya

Quick Reply: Rogers Corvette Center