Getting in and out of your C4

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2002, 09:12 PM
DarkHalo
Safety Car

Location: SCMR Rat Pack'r Charter Member, Inland Empire Chapter
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Getting in and out of your C4

I was reading another thread and the topic of ease of entrance (or lack thereof) as it differs between a C4 and C5's came up.

What do you think? :blueangel:
Old 11-16-2002, 09:16 PM
Oly
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Getting in and out of your C4 (DarkHalo)

Getting in is easy, getting out is the hard part. You don't "get in" a C4, you put it on.

:D
Old 11-16-2002, 09:49 PM
LT5
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Getting in and out of your C4 (Oly)

Getting in is easy, getting out is the hard part. You don't "get in" a C4, you put it on.

:yesnod:
Old 11-16-2002, 09:49 PM
Alchemist
Race Director

NC Events Coordinator

Default Re: Getting in and out of your C4 (Oly)

...You don't "get in" a C4, you put it on.

Well Said!!! :D
Old 11-16-2002, 09:57 PM
DarkHalo
Safety Car

Default Re: Getting in and out of your C4 (Alchemist)

...You don't "get in" a C4, you put it on.

:D Well Said!!! :D
I always think of it as strapping on a rocket powered back pack :blueangel:
Old 11-16-2002, 10:01 PM
SharkB4C4
Safety Car

I've been driving C4s for so long, I've gotten used to the entry/exit technique. I usually don't give it a second thought.

However, I'm not used to being a passenger on C4s, so I sometimes get confused and clumsy when I try to get in the car from the right side.
Old 11-16-2002, 10:27 PM
c4md
Instructor

Think we need to add a field. "Could be better, I am fat!"
Old 11-16-2002, 10:39 PM
JB666
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, it's funny you mention this!! I'm into semi-pro bodybuilding, so depending on the schedule/time of year, I fluctuate 25-40 lbs. I am normally around 225, but go as high as 245. I know now, that It's a challenge getting in and out, and I'm about to get into a program where I get a bit larger, so I'm sort of glad she's sitting, for that reason. I'm afraid, every time I get in, and out, that I'm going to trash the seat/steering wheel(I know, it's not a handle, I'm learning!!) or the sills!!!

Jeff
Old 11-17-2002, 12:21 AM
Kale
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: Getting in and out of your C4 (Jbaker)

I don't have any trouble getting in or out, and I don't use the steering wheel as a handle..
Old 11-17-2002, 01:08 AM
rainsux89
Drifting

I'm kinda skinny so I just slither right over the wall. No problem. :seeya
Old 11-17-2002, 11:20 AM
countrygirl
Racer

Hmm getting in and out of your C4...now where have I heard a thread like that before......let me think......Hmmm........thinking....think ing.....(tapping side of head)...dee da dee.... Oh yea, THAT was MY thread subject!........ well I didn't do a survey and all...but I definately wrote a thread on this.......so I have one word...."plagiarism"... :lol: :lol: :lol:
You may have "ALL" the nice sunny warm weather down there. but us cold weather people still have all the wit.. :D
Old 11-17-2002, 11:23 AM
KyleBst264
Safety Car

I'm not really sure how I get in and out of my car, it's just kinda natural I guess. I think to get in, I put my right foot on the floor, put my butt on the seat, then pull my left leg in. To get out, I think I reverse how I get in.
Old 11-17-2002, 11:24 AM
red-y
Drifting

Default Re: Getting in and out of your C4 (rainsux89)

I agree, you just put it on. I have passengers bang their heads when getting in. I find the C-5's take a certain technique as well. You cannot jump in like you do in an SUV thats for sure. Getting in and out is just part of the joy of ownership. :cheers:
Old 11-17-2002, 11:31 AM
92TripleBlack
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Getting in and out of your C4 (red-y)

No problem for me though maybe being a hockey goalie in college and 6 years of martial arts have something to do with it. I'm still more limber than most guys in college.
Old 11-17-2002, 11:53 AM
bobcal
Instructor

At age 54, am not quite as spry as I used to be. Size 14 feet don't help. Usual technique is to sit down on the seat, then rotate and ease legs in, being careful not to scuff sills. Exit is the reverse. May not loook too cool, but it works. Once driving, much more comfy to remove shoes, so left foot can easily extend forward past clutch pedal once at cruise speed; on highway, with cruise engaged, can stretch out both legs. At 6'2", 215 lbs., car is extremely comfortable. C5 easier to enter/exit gracefully.
Old 11-17-2002, 12:04 PM
DarkHalo
Safety Car

Default Re: Getting in and out of your C4 (countrygirl)

well I didn't do a survey and all...but I definately wrote a thread on this.......so I have one word...."plagiarism"... :lol: :lol: :lol:
You may have "ALL" the nice sunny warm weather down there. but us cold weather people still have all the wit.. :D
plagarism? plagarism??? Im insulted! Im outraged! Im...Im mad I didnt just think of stealing the whole idea instead of posting this one damnit! :lol:

Your thread was on *HOW* to get in and out of a vette. This one is just *ABOUT* the general pain and agony of entering and exiting a vette...2 VERY diff subject matters I might add. *sticks out tongue at Countrygirl* neener neener neener...

I was really just curious as to how most people felt about it. I consider it a badge of honor and wear it proudly.

When people get in for the first time they almost always ask me how the hell I did it so easily. I always try to explain to people briefly how to do it but they usually insist on fumbling their way in and out like it was a friggen SUV or something. :mad I should start charging them for wear and tear on the interior. :cuss :blueangel:

Oh and on the wit comment...I do okay for a guy I think.... :jester
Old 11-17-2002, 12:06 PM
tommelton
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Getting in and out of your C4 (bobcal)

The best part is helping a female in a short dress out of the passenger seat!

Get notified of new replies

To Getting in and out of your C4

Old 11-17-2002, 01:24 PM
Alex D
Drifting

Default Re: Getting in and out of your C4 (tommelton)

......with no underwear is even better, tommeltom......
This is a funny thread........
I am 6'4" and have size 14 feet .......so it is not all that easy for me.....I am trying to be careful not to scuff the sills and not to ruin the seat leather. I first stick my right leg in and then slide in and pull the left leg in last. I can't drive very well with shoes on...not enough space in the footwell to sit comfortably (I had a LT4 convertible before the LT1 A4 and the clutching was not working at all with street shoes.......the A4 is much better......getting out is the reverse of getting in.
The C4 is a little cramped compared to the C5, but I have tried several C5s before and just can't get to spend the extra money for a C5. there are diferent things about the C4 I think are better than a C5: First, the leather seats in the C5 are Yugo-quality. Even after a few months the drivers seat looks very worn and unsightly. I hate this about the C5! Next, the audio system in the C4 is much better than the Delco unit in the C5. Also I think the plastic interior, even though more ergonomic and more modern, look chinzy and cheap compared to the C4. Also, the C5 cannot match the low down grunt of the LT1/LT4 engine in everday driving. i know on the track, the C5 is a bit faster than the LT1, but in everyday driving in town, you run circles around the C5, especially five speeds !! I also still love the looks of the C4. It is just timelessly beautiful. The only way I would go to a C5 is if we wanted a convertible. The C5 convertible is just eons better than the C4 Vert (I had one, believe me: No storage, cramped inside and flexes way too much for my liking).
The most amazing thing to me right now is how the press, aftermarket and everyone is forgeting about the C4. Nice C4s are selling for discount dollars and are in my opinion THE best performance car value on the used car market!! Also, I get about 15 different car and SUV/4x4 magazines, including Vette, Corvette Fever and Corvette Magazine....C1s, C2s are hot and C3s are coming more and more, C4s get almost completely forgotten and most of the stuff is regardin C5s. This really sucks because the C4 is the most common Corvette on the street today and the highest volume aftermarket opportunity and it gets the least attention. I wish for a C4 magazine......... :cry
Old 11-17-2002, 04:33 PM
Rob 93ZR-1
Race Director

Location: Fear causes hesitaiton...and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true. Houston TX
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: Getting in and out of your C4 (Alex D)

Getting in, right leg in, sit, left leg in. No big deal to me. Getting out is different. left hand on sill next to seat, push up, right arm bent pushing against roof and pry self out. :D
Old 11-17-2002, 05:17 PM
your drinking buddy
Race Director

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Default Re: Getting in and out of your C4 (Rob 91Z07)

Getting in is right leg in, sit, left leg in.

Getting out, I flip the left leg out, sometimes pull up with the a-pillar but I don't ouch the glass, only the black part, then right leg out. I try with all my might to avoid the seat bolster and steering wheel

Quick Reply: Getting in and out of your C4