Better use em while you can

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2019, 09:35 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by 1993C4LT1
Honestly, I am probably one of the most uneducated people on here. I don't see how gas powered cars hurt the planet. Nor do I really care. So what's next, we all gotta go vegan?
Think Igot you beat man. This guy actually makes sense to me lol

Last edited by cv67; 10-27-2019 at 09:36 AM.
The following users liked this post:
1993C4LT1 (10-29-2019)
Old 10-27-2019, 09:54 AM
FASTAZU
Race Director

Received 910 Likes on 583 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods)
2018 C4 of Year Finalist
2015 C4 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '16
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Not much different that using our tax $ to widen highways to make HOV lanes or high flow lanes than charge us to use them by the mile with the price per mile based on a rolling scale of how many cars are using them at a given time ...
Old 10-27-2019, 10:24 AM
bosshog8
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Lets see, batteries come from....well if we just don't think about it then I'm sure it's totally great for the environment (since the raw materials don't come from my country). When they're done being useful they will be "properly" recycled when we ship them off to China, right? Oh, and the electric to power the batteries come from......Jesus would be my guess. Sure sounds like the way to "save the planet" to me.
Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

Last edited by bosshog8; 10-27-2019 at 10:26 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by bosshog8:
mako41 (10-23-2021), Oklahoma Adam (10-22-2021), renchjeep (10-27-2019)
Old 10-27-2019, 10:31 AM
RetroGuy
Drifting

Received 508 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by 1993c4lt1
honestly, i am probably one of the most uneducated people on here. I don't see how gas powered cars hurt the planet. Nor do i really care.
sad...
The following 2 users liked this post by RetroGuy:
1993C4LT1 (10-29-2019), 95tealconvert (10-27-2019)
Old 10-27-2019, 11:15 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

What happened to the law banning 2 stroke leaf blowers? That would make a HUGE impact on our smog
All the illegals useing them basically said F off make us...so we let it continue. Those same ones are driving illegally creating smog
Wait that would be racist lets sock it to the taxpayers who work their azz off and live honestly they have something to lose.
I will never give up my gas powered car period. I suspect one hell of a reg fee will be levied to use them watch.
renchjeep (10-27-2019)
Old 10-27-2019, 12:18 PM
RetroGuy
Drifting

Originally Posted by TommyFox
One volcano eruption emits more emissions than all the cars since they were invented. Global warming was a hoax so they had to change it to "climate change" which is cyclical. We have caught NASA fudging temperature stats since tracking began. Trust me it's not pollution affecting the weather
You:

motodog (10-27-2019)
Old 10-27-2019, 02:02 PM
81c3
Le Mans Master

Received 615 Likes on 431 Posts

I dunno where all this BS comes from with "all the old cars" on the road.... I don't live in a bustling metropolis by any stretch,,,,, and while you might see 1 in 50 cars from the 80's or older.... the majority of cars are already equipped with modern emission controls and don't have a plume of smoke behind them... so where are all these high pollution pigs running around...? cause I sure don't see very many.

Its all part of the liberal agenda to control the citizens in this country.... Expand government,,,, thats their goal. Its always been and always will be. They come from the "We know better for you than you do.... we can take care of you cradle to grave, just do as we say" BS!!! Just ask Greece or Spain or Italy, or Cuba, or Venezuela or any number of countries where that mantra has failed...

Keep your Marxist BS and shove it Shumer.. And you can take your electric junk box and stick it in the same place...

Climate Change Hoax Exposed

by Cal Thomas Tue, 3/13/2018 | Tribune Content Agency, LLCApocalypse now?

By Cal Thomas

Tribune Content Agency

Since the beginning of recorded history there have been end of the world predictions. In recent years we have had radio preachers, politicians and scientists declare with certainty that the world would soon end, either because of our decadent lifestyle, or because of “global warming,” now known as “climate change.”

Responses to these Chicken Little declarations have ranged from people hiding in caves to the most recent announcement by Costco that it has a doomsday meal kit for sale. The cost is $6,000. The online listing says the kit contains 36,000 servings of food that will feed a family of four for one year.

Marc Morano’s new book “The Politically Incorrect Guide to Climate Change” (Regnery Publishing) is just in time to refute the argument that “climate change” will destroy all life on Earth. It is a mark of Morano’s dark humor that he features as an “endorsement” of the book a comment by the liberal Daily Kos, which calls Morano “evil personified.”

The book is a point-by-point takedown of the predictions of disaster made by the climate change movement, none of which have materialized, but when one is part of a cult, facts don’t matter.

In the book’s foreword, the late John Coleman, who was a meteorologist, TV weatherman and co-founder of The Weather Channel, writes: “We meteorologists are well aware of how limited our ability is to predict the weather. Our predictions become dramatically less reliable as they extend into the future. When we try to predict just a few weeks into the future our predictions become increasingly inaccurate. Yet the ‘climate change’ establishment that now dominates the UN bureaucracy and our own government science establishment claim that they can predict the temperature of the Earth decades into the future.”

Coleman then gets to the heart of the issue: “Their global warming scare is not driven by science; it is now being driven by politics. So today anybody who defies the prevailing ‘climate change’ scare puts his career and his reputation into extreme danger.”

Among the facts revealed in Morano’s book are these: The world spends $1 billion a day to “prevent” global warming; A UN scientist says the “97 percent consensus” on global warming was “pulled from thin air,” presumably hot air from many politicians; scientific organizations claim climate change ‘consensus,’ but have not polled their members; climate policies are not helping, but “crushing the world’s poor”; The Paris climate accord theoretically postpones global warming by just four years, but will cost $100 trillion if fully implemented; climate change has been blamed for prostitution, barroom brawls, airplane turbulence and war; one climate activist is quoted as saying we should “protect our kids by not having them”; recent “hottest year” claims are based on statistically meaningless year-to-year differences; Antarctica is actually gaining, not losing ice; carbon dioxide levels today are 10 times lower than in some past Ice Ages.

Morano argues that the debate over climate change is not settled, as many claim. Science is never settled and apparently neither is the politics of climate change, which is being advanced by people who want more control over every aspect of our lives.

Real scientists who specialize in climate and related fields are quoted in the book. These are voices we rarely, if ever, see mentioned in the mainstream media because the media are part of the collusion.

Read this book and you will become an informed climate change denier, armed with arguments and facts to counter the propaganda being pushed by climate change fanatics. It will also save you $6,000 the next time you visit Costco.

(Readers may email Cal Thomas at tcaeditors@tribpub.com.)

(c) 2018 Tribune Content Agency, LLC.

Last edited by 81c3; 10-27-2019 at 02:15 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by 81c3:
mako41 (10-23-2021), motodog (10-27-2019), renchjeep (10-27-2019), rocco16 (10-27-2019)
Old 10-27-2019, 02:21 PM
motodog
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RetroGuy
You:

Old 10-27-2019, 03:23 PM
Tom400CFI
Team Owner
Pro Mechanic

Received 3,181 Likes on 2,322 Posts

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
Little by little our choices are being taken away.
As population increases that's essentially inevitable.

Originally Posted by 81c3
I dunno where all this BS comes from with "all the old cars" on the road.... I don't live in a bustling metropolis by any stretch,,,,, and while you might see 1 in 50 cars from the 80's or older.... the majority of cars are already equipped with modern emission controls and don't have a plume of smoke behind them... so where are all these high pollution pigs running around...?
Is this for real? I hope that it's not...but sadly, suspect that it is. The head in the sane Meme is perfect here.

Climate Change Hoax Exposed

By Cal Thomas

Tribune Content Agency

Since the beginning of recorded history....
Man...that was a was of a waste of cutting and pasting.
Old 10-27-2019, 06:14 PM
rocco16
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 132 Posts

Since the beginning of recorded history there have been end of the world predictions. In recent years we have had radio preachers, politicians and scientists declare with certainty that the world would soon end, either because of our decadent lifestyle, or because of “global warming,” now known as “climate change.” Etc....
Very interesting. Thank you.

Of course, the progressives among us will dismiss the book and the evidence it contains as being untrue (at best).

Last edited by rocco16; 10-27-2019 at 06:16 PM.
renchjeep (10-27-2019)
Old 10-27-2019, 07:58 PM
RetroGuy
Drifting

Default Start up your Vette...

...Start up your Vette inside your garage with the main garage door closed. Feel free to leave the smaller side or rear walk-thru passage door open. Stand anywhere you like inside the garage at least 10 feet from the open passage door. Now, tell me how long you'll be able to stay inside that garage without feeling ill, faint, or coughing. Hmmmm, gas powered cars don't pollute or hurt the planet???

Last edited by RetroGuy; 10-27-2019 at 08:00 PM.
Old 10-27-2019, 09:09 PM
TommyFox
Melting Slicks

Received 311 Likes on 212 Posts

Retro guy is clueless and never worked in the field .No offense. That's the problem these days people post what they have heard or read. No hands on with actual data and environmental field work.

NASA -Never a straight answer....
Old 10-27-2019, 10:02 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,501 Likes on 2,825 Posts

Originally Posted by RetroGuy
...Start up your Vette inside your garage with the main garage door closed. Feel free to leave the smaller side or rear walk-thru passage door open. Stand anywhere you like inside the garage at least 10 feet from the open passage door. Now, tell me how long you'll be able to stay inside that garage without feeling ill, faint, or coughing. Hmmmm, gas powered cars don't pollute or hurt the planet???
That's carbon monoxide poisoning, it's a little bit different. Mainly that you're asphyxiating yourself.

There are FAR better things to go after than Amerocan cars if you want to slow the increase of climate change (key wording here - more on that later). You can go after airline travel, international shipping, or the massively polluting cars and factories of the 3rd world. Those all do FAR more damage, and are increasing the amount they output at a staggering rate.

So heres the real rub, all these efforts are expensive measures to try to slow the rate of increase. Not decrease, not hold steady, slow the acceleration rate. THEY ARE WORTHLESS. We should be putting that money towards figuring out how we are going to adapt to the new realities of our world. Cities will be destroyed, people will be forced to move, farming locations will have to change. We are not avoiding this. We as a species need to adapt, and get it out of our minds that slowing the rate of increase is an acceptable solution.

Climate change is real. Unfortunately, most of the people pushing the idea are just trying to make money off selling you things "to help" that will do NOTHING except shift focus from the reality of the future.
Old 10-27-2019, 10:08 PM
Tom400CFI
Team Owner
Pro Mechanic

How's that different than on a bigger scale? I thought it was a good example

Originally Posted by TommyFox
Retro guy is clueless and never worked in the field .No offense. That's the problem these days people post what they have heard or read. No hands on with actual data and environmental field work.
Help us out then. Post up some "actual data"! Anyone who's been on these forums knows that I'm all about objective data. Let's see it, "Field man".
Old 10-27-2019, 10:14 PM
Tom400CFI
Team Owner
Pro Mechanic

Originally Posted by FAUEE
You can go after ... the massively polluting cars and factories of the 3rd world.
While I totally agree with your overall assessment, I believe all ICE cars, "emissions" or not, produce about the same CO2/mile for a give "mpg". I don't believe that emissions control equipment changes the CO2 output on a per-unit burned basis.

I also agree that we ain't stopping warming. It's gone too far already, and humans aren't smart, disciplined or selfless enough. IDK how any amount of money is going to find solutions for food in the future...but maybe.
Old 10-27-2019, 11:03 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Originally Posted by Tom400CFI
While I totally agree with your overall assessment, I believe all ICE cars, "emissions" or not, produce about the same CO2/mile for a give "mpg". I don't believe that emissions control equipment changes the CO2 output on a per-unit burned basis.

I also agree that we ain't stopping warming. It's gone too far already, and humans aren't smart, disciplined or selfless enough. IDK how any amount of money is going to find solutions for food in the future...but maybe.
I suppose it depends what you consider "about the same". You most certainly can trade co2 for nox or other pollutants with "lesser" downsides. All depends on what you wanna get mad about in reality.

So heres the real.rub though... when you use an electric car, you're still burning that fuel. It's just done at a larger facility, then transmit through the losses of a power grid, then the losses of charger a battery, then the losses of discharging the battery. If you were getting power from clean hope or some ****, it might be better. But in the real world, you're just gonna burn more coal, oil, or natural gas to charge that battery.
Old 10-27-2019, 11:27 PM
Tom400CFI
Team Owner
Pro Mechanic

I agree. The NET usage and pollution is less (than a similar gas car), from what I've been able to ascertain....but the problem of consumption and emissions are far from solved.

Get notified of new replies

To Better use em while you can

Old 10-27-2019, 11:50 PM
jimduffy
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

This is part of the reason for so many people leaving new york. The politicians want to run your life .
Old 10-28-2019, 12:09 AM
FAUEE
Race Director

Originally Posted by Tom400CFI
I agree. The NET usage and pollution is less (than a similar gas car), from what I've been able to ascertain....but the problem of consumption and emissions are far from solved.
Honestly, I dont believe it. I dont see how a vehicle with a battery that has a supply chain spanning the whole globe, that lasts nowhere near as long as an ICE, that requires all new factories to be built to build it has less net impact. That's not even taking into account the power generation side of it, which is hard enough to believe as it is. It's not like internal combustion gets magically cleaner when you do it on large scale and use it to create electricity. You might be able to scrub more out, but that's going somewhere. Moreover, you're also adding steps between your chemical reaction with the fuel and the kinetic energy of movement... and entropy is a real bitch.

Sadly, we will never see a truly impartial and fully fleshed out investigation on this, because the agenda is what it is.
Old 10-28-2019, 02:29 AM
Hot Rod Roy
Safety Car

Received 536 Likes on 453 Posts

I don't remember clicking on the "Off Topic" section, but here we are! I thought this was the "Corvette Forum". How did this happen?

The following 2 users liked this post by Hot Rod Roy:
Crossed Flags Fan (10-31-2019), ErrrrCar205 (10-28-2019)

Quick Reply: Better use em while you can