Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2019, 01:47 AM
AstroMan1
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Random Thoughts

Random Thought
Ten Years With The Vette.
I thought this would be a good name for a post we see regularly.
Was thinking myself what's important to you after having your car for ten years.
After having the car a while how did you change.
Part Two.
A Corvette is a different car in my opinion. With a Corvette it's more about performance than other cars.
Having an older car means you worry about keeping it on the road. I still love my 84 and think it's the best car I ever drove.

The original stereo is very important to me now. Having a good driver's seat is a must. The steering wheel and carpet, exhaust, tires, wheels, windows, paint and interior should all be top notch. That's what every Corvette owner wants. I'm considering a permanent A.I.R. delete now since I have been running without one for 3000 miles, I had a failure on a trip and have got tired of replacing them. I have not been able to get a rear window defroster relay. I would not like to have to replace the entire heater control assembly.
It has gotten a lot better I think because I have been driving it but the things that were in good shape when I bought it are wearing out now like the paint and seats, floor mats, and things that wear out on every car. I think I'm going to keep driving it. I love the motor, the brakes and handling. I'm looking at steering wheels. I would like to drive it for another hundred thousand miles!
What do you think about your car?
The following users liked this post:
ghlkal (10-19-2019)
Old 10-19-2019, 09:54 AM
FASTAZU
Race Director

Received 910 Likes on 583 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods)
2018 C4 of Year Finalist
2015 C4 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '16
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Owned my current 91 for 18 years and love everything about it.
Old 10-19-2019, 09:57 AM
CRUZN C4
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Going on a decade with my 90 with absolutely no end in sight
Old 10-19-2019, 12:04 PM
SJW
Le Mans Master

Received 1,401 Likes on 923 Posts

Have had my '94 for 15 years, and have no plans to part with it. Every time I drive it, I wonder why I don't do it more often. Simply stated, it's just a fantastic car.

Live well,

SJW
Old 10-19-2019, 07:24 PM
ghlkal
Safety Car

Received 502 Likes on 399 Posts
2023 C4 of the Year Finalist- Modified
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified
C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

My '90 ZR-1 is our third C4. We've owned it for 7 years (I think). My wife tells me all the time that she hopes we never get rid of it. Like any 30 year old car, there are some issues. But, I really like my ZR-1 and will continue to fix, mod, and drive it for a long time.
Old 10-19-2019, 09:03 PM
Tom400CFI
Team Owner
Pro Mechanic

Received 3,181 Likes on 2,322 Posts

Originally Posted by AstroMan1
Random Thought
Ten Years With The Vette.
I thought this would be a good name for a post we see regularly.
Was thinking myself what's important to you after having your car for ten years.
After having the car a while how did you change.
Part Two.
A Corvette is a different car in my opinion. With a Corvette it's more about performance than other cars.
Having an older car means you worry about keeping it on the road. I still love my 84 and think it's the best car I ever drove.

I would like to drive it for another hundred thousand miles!
What do you think about your car?
Part 1. I've realized that the experience that a car provides is way more important than the numbers that it can produce. C4 is a good experience.
Part 2. I feel it's about the perception of performance. I wish my C4 had MORE of it.
3. I'm sure that I'll drive mine another 100k. It's got ~190k now.
4. What do I think? I think that the C4 totally exceeded my expectations. Coming from a C6, I drove a C4....liked it better so I sold the C6. I wasn't expecting that. Once committed to the C4, I expected lots of fit and finish issues, repairs and problems. I expect worse gas mileage. I experience neither. 10 years and the car has been very, very reliable, solid and a great car in every way. It's totally exceeded my expectations.
Old 10-20-2019, 09:10 AM
856SPEED
Melting Slicks

Received 111 Likes on 99 Posts

Had an 85 for 17 years; 2001-2018; modified it, improved it........had a ball for those 18 years. Like any older car it had pluses and negatives. I don't regret the time and money I spent with it at all. Was a great learning experience!

Having said that, was ready to move on. Like mentioned in OP, seasons change and so have I.

Get notified of new replies

To Random Thoughts

Quick Reply: Random Thoughts