C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Check out this craigs list ad, Im guessing its a stolen vette

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2019, 05:35 PM
Joe C
Race Director

Received 703 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackcorvette_85
Joe, if you scan his posts a bit further. He has a pic of the shell and you can see where he changed the firewall, trans tube and floor speakers. Im 90 percent sure its legit now, just cant believe someone would put that much into and then sell it. That would be a lifetime keeper for me

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...hat-it-is.html
I would have bet good money that conversion's not possible for the average human. he must be some sort of forum superhero - just the wiring alone would cause me headaches!

if I put that much work into a project, no way in hell i'd sell it for the asking price. i'd drive the wheels off the friggin thing, and then put new wheels on it -

Last edited by Joe C; 06-01-2019 at 10:17 AM.
Old 05-31-2019, 05:58 PM
KEG64
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It is legit no scams. No special skills other than hard work and determination. If I would have realized how much work was involved I would have never attempted it. I bought my totaled 94 coupe from the insurance company and used that to restore an 86 convertible. I posted pictures of the build on this forum when I completed it. If you have any questions please feel free to ask me, but lets end this.
The following 2 users liked this post by KEG64:
ShagVette (06-01-2019), Steven_Belgium (06-04-2019)
Old 05-31-2019, 06:24 PM
KEG64
Racer

after reading the posts on this thread I will definitely not miss this forum
Old 05-31-2019, 06:50 PM
KEG64
Racer

Originally Posted by POLOVETTE 94
Come on now...Like somebody would go to this extent to sell a car for 8 grand? You mean to tell me they converted the A/C to 134, swapped the entire interior...seats, dash, instrument cluster, airbags, hvac controls.....traction control...6 speed trans....engine....suspension.....wheels ....bumpers, bodyside moulding, paint....obviously the PCM, CCM, ABS/ASR hydraulic control unit as well as hard brake lines, to make everything work...I'm not buying it.

Yes to all
Old 05-31-2019, 06:55 PM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,043 Posts

Originally Posted by KEG64
Didn't someone just call you a superhero?
Old 05-31-2019, 08:01 PM
Blackcorvette_85
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey Keg, as the originator of this post I am sorry your offended. You should take it as a compliment though, that your work was so good that it was almost unbelievable. You did an amazing job, I am really impressed. Can I ask why you've decided to sell out of curiosity? I dont think I could ever let a car like that go, putting that much into it. Again great job and best of luck on what ever project you choose to do next.
Old 05-31-2019, 09:15 PM
Joe C
Race Director

Hey Keg, as the originator of this post I am sorry your offended. You should take it as a compliment though, that your work was so good that it was almost unbelievable. You did an amazing job, I am really impressed. Can I ask why you've decided to sell out of curiosity? I dont think I could ever let a car like that go, putting that much into it. Again great job and best of luck on what ever project you choose to do next.
I second that...

Old 05-31-2019, 10:32 PM
hcbph
Safety Car

Received 526 Likes on 476 Posts

I honestly could not imagine anyone combining 2 cars like that and sell it for $8K. I was wrong and apologize for thinking it wasn't on the up-an-up. It looks unbelievable and expect you should easily get your asking price. If it was me, I'd include reference to your build thread to show people you did it and how.
Old 05-31-2019, 11:08 PM
KEG64
Racer

I am retired and starting to downsize. Time to sell the Corvettes. Other than my time I don't have a lot into this car as I did all the work. I knew going in the value of the car would be effected since it was not a purebred so I understand I might not get a good price when I sold it. Hopefully someone will see the value in it or I will keep dropping the price until I sell it.
Old 05-31-2019, 11:36 PM
pologreen1
Team Owner

Received 260 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by KEG64
I stand corrected. You on the other need to understand this is NOT normal or rational that you would have done this and to expect others to actually assume these days "it is what it is" n the net.

I can't find where anybody called you anything or bashed you, and when people linked it to you they gave praise.

Lighten up a bit, although telling this to a a guy that did this project is not going to penetrate. Seriously though, very commendable work, in fact a true vette fan should buy it for the uniqueness and back story.

The backstory should go with that car..
Old 06-01-2019, 05:54 AM
Joe C
Race Director

there's an old saying - "ya can't make vanilla ice cream out of horse$hit." seeing the before and after results, i'm not sure that's a valid statement anymore. I like to think I have a certain talent for that level of workmanship, but i doubt I could pull that off. just maintaining one of these things in stock configuration is hard enough, but morphing an apple into an orange on top of that is somewhat amazing -

Last edited by Joe C; 06-01-2019 at 05:55 AM.
Old 06-01-2019, 02:43 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

only read post 1, smells like bs. Even has staggered wheels....
Sorry nobody loves a C4 enough to do that lol
Figures, coming from CL
Old 06-01-2019, 02:50 PM
lotsofspareparts
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
Figures, coming from CL
Maybe you should read the thread in it's entirety before you start spouting BS.

The car was built by a fellow Forum member and he has the threads with pictures to prove it.

Jared
The following users liked this post:
KEG64 (06-01-2019)
Old 06-01-2019, 03:11 PM
AgentEran
Drifting

Received 230 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
Figures, coming from CL

2012 mercedes s550 0 60

[i
Old 06-01-2019, 05:03 PM
Blackcorvette_85
Instructor

Must be irony, because I edited the first post right after I figured out it was real in bold red text and crossed out the original text.....

Last edited by Blackcorvette_85; 06-01-2019 at 05:04 PM.
Old 06-01-2019, 06:18 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,271 Likes on 2,032 Posts

Must be irony, because I edited the first post right after I figured out it was real in bold red text and crossed out the original text.....
Your 1st mistake was and just guessing! You appear to be almost what we'd consider here in WV a 'neighbor' to the seller. If you had your suspicions you could have/should have maybe taken the conversation to the seller in the CL ad. The opportunity was there for you and you 'BLEW IT'. You could have then brought an 'interesting piece' to the forum for a conversation OR if your assumption/GUESS had been correct then you could have taken the position that you seem to have thought you had..The 'RED EDITS' don't do much. You didn't 'figure it out'.

A CNN,MSNBC - MSM moment is what you had!

I'M GUESSING STOLEN VETTE IN THE THREAD TITLE SAYS IT ALL!! How close was/is the car?

@KEG64 - I've a couple friends who have done and do extreme projects such as this. They don't have issues selling/moving their projects. It's a quite impressive piece. Enjoy the retirement!!

Last edited by WVZR-1; 06-01-2019 at 06:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
KEG64 (06-01-2019)
Old 06-01-2019, 06:40 PM
Blackcorvette_85
Instructor

What ever man. I saw a ad that seemed off and most people agreed with me that it was strange. I didnt have any urge to deal with someone on craigs list especially at the time when I believed it was most likely a scam. I was curious on other peoples opinions on here. I also thought they might find it interesting, there have been several other posts of weird craigslist finds. That irony response was to the other response of someone saying they read the first post only and left a comment saying it was fake. At that time I had already edited the first post to say it was legit over a day ago. Not sure what your definition of figure it out is, but once someone linked the ad on the forum, I went back thru the ad makers posts to 6-8 years ago and found the pictures and linked them in this thread and said I was most likely wrong. I also edited the post title at the same time, but for some reason that doesnt show on the main page. WHast ever it matters its would probably be a 45min to an hour round trip for me to see the car.
Old 06-01-2019, 07:04 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,271 Likes on 2,032 Posts

What ever man. I saw a ad that seemed off and most people agreed with me that it was strange. I didnt have any urge to deal with someone on craigs list especially at the time when I believed it was most likely a scam. I was curious on other peoples opinions on here. I also thought they might find it interesting, there have been several other posts of weird craigslist finds. That irony response was to the other response of someone saying they read the first post only and left a comment saying it was fake. At that time I had already edited the first post to say it was legit over a day ago. Not sure what your definition of figure it out is, but once someone linked the ad on the forum, I went back thru the ad makers posts to 6-8 years ago and found the pictures and linked them in this thread and said I was most likely wrong. I also edited the post title at the same time, but for some reason that doesnt show on the main page. WHast ever it matters its would probably be a 45min to an hour round trip for me to see the car.
The OP can't edit a 'THREAD TITLE' - Others it appears found the first related threads and posted. I didn't look at the CL ad but I'd think there was likely a CELL or EMAIL!! A 'life's lesson' I guess for you maybe!

Once folks 'figured it out for you' you might have linked for @KEG64 the offering for sale that I understand is posted in the NW section! I didn't look

If I were in the vicinity and needed a 'quality repair' I'd have no problems having a conversation with the fabricator!!!

Last edited by WVZR-1; 06-01-2019 at 07:09 PM.
Old 06-01-2019, 07:56 PM
Blackcorvette_85
Instructor

For somebody so judgmental, maybe you should have actually read the post. No one figured anything out for me. If you notice me and the other guy posted at the exact same time saying it was legit and I included a link to kegs posts , including some later of pics of the restore, which was within an hour of the for sale link was put up in this thread. The only thing i was showed was the for sale thread on this forum. The whole ironic thing was about cuisinartvette post and the only reason i said anything was his reply started with I only read the first post and that was after I had edited it. But judge away, I already apologized to keg before you ever got involved, and told him he did an amazing job, like I said read the post. Hell I wish keg was my best friend and I could have him help me on my crazy restore. Anyway Im done arguing with ya, dont really care what you think, guess it makes you feel good. I came across an ad that I would think 99 out of 100 times wasnt legit, I would have included restoring pics if I was selling something like that. when I figured out I was wrong I apologized and changed the post. Really dumb that you cant edit the titles here.

Quick Reply: Check out this craigs list ad, Im guessing its a stolen vette