Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Hi-psi CF member in serious accident

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2002, 06:53 PM
chucks88
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Hi-psi CF member in serious accident (95AquaC4)

Damn! That just sux from every angle. However it does sound like he's doing better.
Old 10-24-2002, 08:16 PM
silver & red CE
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Hi-psi CF member in serious accident (chucks88)

He's in my prayers.
Old 10-24-2002, 09:56 PM
MaSTeRofDZaSTeR
Drifting

Location: "Drive like Hell, you'll get there faster." Tucson AZ

Default Re: Hi-psi CF member in serious accident (Z06NIN)

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!! That was one serious collision!!!!!!! I bet that dog isn't coming out of his doghouse for another 20 years. :eek:
Old 10-24-2002, 10:18 PM
jimmyd
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So sorry, Hope things work out. :blueangel:
Old 10-24-2002, 11:26 PM
sinistervette
Pro

I just hate hearing these kinds of things. Glad to hear that there is improvements in his condition, the bills and such can be dealt with but loosing someone is much tougher. One of the guys I built a motor for got into an accident 2 years ago, he was run off the road by a carless punk(19yo and owned the world), he suffered severe skull fracture, 8 broken ribs, a punctured lung, broke both arms, left wrist, left leg was broken in 4 places, and lost the little and second toe as well as the outside of his left foot. We were told he probably would not make it, he is a diabetic and also had liver problem at the time of the accident. He was in ICU for 16 days, then in a rehab unit for the next 4 1/2 months and like hi psi had only liabiliy insurance. He had lost his job abotu a month prior to accident and his wifes workplace insurance could not pick him up until open enrollment on Nov. 1st, the accident was Oct 3rd. He has since regained almost all of his memory, has only a slight limp, and does have a little trouble with his speach but considering what I was told when I got the news about his accident, he is doing great. Unfortunately he has had to file bancruptcy over his hospital bills, he had sold his home and moved into his parents rental property, but with only his wifes income they were still unable to finance the bills. At the time he talked to me about the dicision to file bankruptcy he still owed over $130,000. :eek: I can not believe that the cost for emergency services is so high, if I did not know Gary personally I would not have belived him. I hope all goes well with hi psi's recovery, tell him it might be a long rough road, but there are alot of great things at the end of it! NEVER GIVE UP! :blueangel:
Old 10-24-2002, 11:43 PM
1bad85
Melting Slicks

Location: livin life one hold my beer moment at a time Houst Tx
Default Re: Hi-psi CF member in serious accident (sinistervette)

Man thats terrible. I sure hope he gets a speedy recovery and gets back to 100%. I hate to hear of things like this.
Old 10-25-2002, 12:12 AM
STREETKNIGHT
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07
Default Re: Hi-psi CF member in serious accident (1bad85)

:blueangel: :blueangel: :( Man, that sucks! I too hope he can recover whatever from the guy or his family :smash: ! No insurance, I havce no use 4 ya :smash: .
Our prayers are with he and his family for a full recovery.

I too can not make the show, but will send out a check tomorrow. Come on folks, we can do this together... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :chevy
:flag
Old 10-25-2002, 12:30 AM
Bender
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Hi-psi CF member in serious accident (STREETKNIGHT)

Oh my God. :( Our prayers are with you Hi-psi. :blueangel:

I think that it would be nice if we could somehow send him a Corvette Forum get well card.

Perhaps start a topic in off-topic where everyone would wish him well and a speedy recovery, then print it all out and have someone give it to him or send it to him?
Old 10-25-2002, 12:48 AM
paulie
Intermediate

My prayers are with you and your family Robert, I'll send you a check, it's not much, but I hope it helps. take care, God bless. Paul
Old 10-25-2002, 01:38 AM
baddmann
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Hi-psi CF member in serious accident (Steel Blue 91)

paypal, here I come.

:blueangel: :blueangel: :blueangel:

I'm in.
Me too.
Old 10-25-2002, 03:04 AM
93LT1
Pro

My prayers are with him.... Dam!
Old 10-25-2002, 07:35 AM
STREETKNIGHT
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07
Default Re: Hi-psi CF member in serious accident (93LT1)

"I think that it would be nice if we could somehow send him a Corvette Forum get well card.

Perhaps start a topic in off-topic where everyone would wish him well and a speedy recovery, then print it all out and have someone give it to him or send it to him? "

Great Idea!! :cheers: Can we do it? MIght be nice if the original poster, since they are friends, had the card originated, and was maybe the first to sign it, then we all follow through...what do you think ladies/gents? Or has it been started? If so, where?

[Modified by STREETKNIGHT, 6:38 AM 10/25/2002]
Old 10-25-2002, 08:32 AM
365ZUM
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: Hi-psi CF member in serious accident (STREETKNIGHT)

Ahh man, Robert. I can't tell you how bad I feel about what has happened to you. It's always a shame when bad things happen to good people. COUNT ME IN FOR THE CAR SHOW. I'll make it one way or another.

Just rest up Robert, and get well soon! :cheers:
Old 10-25-2002, 11:13 AM
Z06NIN
Intermediate

Default Re: Hi-psi CF member in serious accident (sinistervette)

he was run off the road by a carless punk(19yo and owned the world), he suffered severe skull fracture, 8 broken ribs, a punctured lung, broke both arms, left wrist, left leg was broken in 4 places, and lost the little and second toe as well as the outside of his left foot. We were told he probably would not make it, he is a diabetic and also had liver problem at the time of the accident. He was in ICU for 16 days, then in a rehab unit for the next 4 1/2 months and like hi psi had only liabiliy insurance.
Oh my gosh man!
It's amazing how after I hear about this happening to Robert and so many other people, how your average driving speeds decrease and you watch those yellow lines a little more carefully.

It is quite scarey...

Old 10-26-2002, 08:38 PM
John Steen
Instructor

Default Re: Hi-psi CF member in serious accident (bogus)

paypal, here I come.

:blueangel: :blueangel: :blueangel:

Done
Old 10-26-2002, 09:57 PM
Voltech_LT4
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In IV Veteran

There are alot of stupid drivers out there...im always on the defensive when I drive...its amazing how stupid people are. I dont know how many "NEAR" collisions ive had from people "not looking" where the F#$K they were going...or people changing lanes without bothering to look. I think they forget there is a thing called a "blind spot" in their mirror and take it for granted someone will see them. OMG! what a jerk that guy is, avoiding a dog to hit him!!! I have been in many near fatal accidents myself, I was a crazy driver when I was younger. I used to even jump my cars, doing speeds well over 100+, outrunning police, the whole nine yards, you name it, ive probably done it. You probably wouldnt even believe half of the stories I could tell, youd think they were fairy tales. I was in a bad accident in my 2nd vette, when I had gotten cut off twice and did a few 360's into a guard rail. I totalled the car, split the tranny in half and it caught on fire. I was very lucky, only a few scratches. I have seen very serious corvette crashes also where the imprint of "corvette" was in the cement braces of an underpass from the guy going so fast.... I saw another guy that hit a tree, was still alive and screaming for his life...not very pretty. I thank the lucky stars(since im not very religious) that im still alive. I am very lucky. I'm glad Psi made it! Sounds like he almost lost his arm! very lucky the doctors made the effort to keep him in one piece! Ive seen people lose limbs, where there was very little holding the arm on, so they decided to remove it, even with heavy pleading from the victim! I cant imagine someone telling me they are going to have to remove my leg or arm! IM very happy he's doing ok, that could have been me very many times! I try to enjoy life as much as possible every day due to some of these close calls ive had. I figure I live only once and im going to enjoy it!
The only real way to protect yourself against all these stupid driving on the roads these days is to buy a HUMMER or a Bulldozer, then you might be ok...until then, take your driving very serious and watch out for those crazy people swerving to save a bird or a dog or a cat, and killing 2 kids on the sidewalk walking to their daily football practice. My regards to Psi and his family! Post an address and I will send what I can to help out!
vr,
Volt :nonod: :sad:
Old 10-26-2002, 10:24 PM
4_inch_Bore
Instructor

Can somebody verify the Paypal account? I get this message:

Pay To:
LaFontaineRelief@earthlink.net
User Status:
Unverified Personal Member (new)

Get notified of new replies

To Hi-psi CF member in serious accident

Old 10-27-2002, 02:30 AM
Hammer
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Re: Hi-psi CF member in serious accident (4_inch_Bore)

Can't make the car show, so paypal's coming right now.

Hope everything turns out ok.

:blueangel: :blueangel:
Old 10-27-2002, 02:42 PM
GDP
Team Owner

I am very sorry to hear about that! Was the driver of the van even slightly injured? I don't know if I've ever talked to him on the forum, but he's still a member and I'll be rootin' for him!
Old 10-27-2002, 02:53 PM
CORKVETTE1
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Re: Hi-psi CF member in serious accident (GDP)

so sorry to hear this :blueangel:

Quick Reply: Hi-psi CF member in serious accident