C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Fuel Injection connection (FIC)

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 03:11 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,260 Likes on 1,965 Posts

Originally Posted by 1993C4LT1
And in your first sentence, you say "you may have been charged" uh, I was charged.
Maybe his employee fawked something up, maybe not and it is policy. Either way, he has offered to refund the money so get the receipt and we will see if he will fix it or what he has to say. I have had employees that fawked things up for me and make me look silly to the client. Get the receipt and let see his response as to whether the employee fawked up or it is his policy. It's pretty simple
Old 11-26-2017, 03:13 PM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Received 620 Likes on 498 Posts

I can find it, that shouldn't be a problem. And yeah, I was surprised when he said he would change them free of charge back in February 2017. But I am not an ***, and didn't send them since the problem was not the injectors.

Last edited by 1993C4LT1; 11-26-2017 at 03:15 PM.
Old 11-26-2017, 03:14 PM
aklim
Team Owner

I know I am just a 22 year old mexican guy behind a computer screen, but I have no reason to lie.
What relevance is age and race?
Old 11-26-2017, 03:16 PM
aklim
Team Owner

I can find it, that shouldn't be a problem.
Good. Then we can see if it is an aberration or policy.
Old 11-26-2017, 03:21 PM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Link has expired, guess due to the age of it.
Old 11-26-2017, 06:02 PM
FICINJECTORS
Supporting Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Proof of Invoice

Brandon,

I am sorry that you felt the need to bring in age and race to the conversation. It has nothing to do with that at all! Our question to you is why would you have bought another set if there was nothing wrong with yours?

As far as the picture of the invoice link goes, although it shows 2 emails from us including links, I just looked at the one invoice we have on file for you and it has the same number as both email links (02JTM00C9HUI). I have attached 2 pictures of your invoice to show the date (Sept 10, 2015), the total ($191.55) which you can see was charged one time to your Visa at the bottom of the invoice, and the same invoice number that was included in your email picture (02JTM00C9HUI) under the barcode.

If you have 2 sets and were charged for 2 sets, you're more than welcome to return one back with the receipt and we would be more than happy to refund you. We have one of the easiest return policies out there!

We are not trying to argue with you here but we cannot find any record on any platform of a second sale. Please help us out here if we are missing something else. Our goal to have happy customers that are happy with their purchases.
Attached Images   
Old 11-26-2017, 06:34 PM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Correct! Yes, I did buy that set, because whoever answered my call said "not covered under warranty." I mailed you guys my injectors, to get them checked because I was having problems with my car running. I sent in the injectors for a cleaning, and you said sure send them in. Which I did. My belief was that they were clogged. However when I called, I was told the coils were bad when warm. In which he told(a worker) that I would have to buy a new set, not covered under warranty. Believe me sir, I do not have two sets. My old injectors were never sent back to me. I don't know how I can prove, showing you that I mailed my warranty set to you. I'll find a way though.

Would you like me to post the first payment to you guys? It was this month, in 2014.
Old 11-26-2017, 07:45 PM
FICINJECTORS
Supporting Vendor

Correct! Yes, I did buy that set, because whoever answered my call said "not covered under warranty." I mailed you guys my injectors, to get them checked because I was having problems with my car running. I sent in the injectors for a cleaning, and you said sure send them in. Which I did. My belief was that they were clogged. However when I called, I was told the coils were bad when warm. In which he told(a worker) that I would have to buy a new set, not covered under warranty. Believe me sir, I do not have two sets. My old injectors were never sent back to me. I don't know how I can prove, showing you that I mailed my warranty set to you. I'll find a way though.

Would you like me to post the first payment to you guys? It was this month, in 2014.

Yes please do, however why did you not mention this in 2017 when you e-mailed us that there was a hard start issue and I told you to send them back? Then you said in another thread reply that it was not an injector issue. Then you needed o rings and I sent you a set for free and even ate the shipping. I am a little lost as if you were pissed off about the 2014 set then why not mention it in the 2017 e-mail? Also, in 2014 our warranty was one year on rebuilts. We went to 3 years in 2016 but we still do not give a hard time to anyone even if they’re out of warranty. We help all of our customers out as best as we can.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:13 PM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Understood. Even on the 2014 purchase, they would have been on warranty since I sent them back to you in late august or the first week of september of 2015.

[B]however why did you not mention this in 2017 when you e-mailed us that there was a hard start issue and I told you to send them back?/B]

If you see one of my replies above, I said the hard start issue was due to ECT wires that were exposed, and got corroded. I tested fuel pressure, and it held at 42 pounds for an hour. That is good working fuel system. So I didn't bother sending you the injectors.

[B]Then you said in another thread reply that it was not an injector issue./B]

Correct. It was a diagnostic that I did wrong. Car was running bad, and no shop could figure it out. Not even a vette shop I took it to. My last guess was that injectors were probably clogged. So I emailed you, asking if I could send them in for a cleaning. You told me yes. Then I emailed saying I sent them to you. Your reply was"perfect thanks". After that, I had no updates for about three days from you guys, so I called. Then whoever answered when I called the first time had no update on the injectors. So I waited maybe two days. Then whichever employee answered told me, "the injectors coils are bad." To my knowledge, they were not. But I told him I just sent them for a cleaning. Then he told me there was no point on cleaning them, since the coils were bad-so he said. My response was, "ok cool i bought less than a year ago. So I should still be under warranty" But "not covered under warranty", according to him who I spoke to.

[B]Then you needed o rings and I sent you a set for free and even ate the shipping./B]

Yes you did and thanks. Would you like me to refund you the shipping? Yes, when I removed the fuel rail(believe it was this June or so) I noticed two dried up o rings.

[B]I am a little lost as if you were pissed off about the 2014 set then why not mention it in the 2017 e-mail?/B]

I didn't think you'd care, to be honest. No offense.

Hope I make sense.

So, in my opinion, the injectors that your employee told me were bad. Were never bad. But I believed it because my car was off the streets for quite some time. But still, whether they were bad or not, I should have had them replaced under warranty. Or even you could have sent me back the injectors I sent you, if there was no problem with them. Which would have been fine.

Do you want me to post the 2014 November purchase?

Last edited by 1993C4LT1; 11-26-2017 at 08:38 PM.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:27 PM
mlm0
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by aklim
What relevance is age and race?
i agree
Old 11-26-2017, 08:39 PM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Originally Posted by mlm0
i agree
hopefully i'll become wise one day.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:49 PM
FICINJECTORS
Supporting Vendor

Correct! Yes, I did buy that set, because whoever answered my call said "not covered under warranty." I mailed you guys my injectors, to get them checked because I was having problems with my car running. I sent in the injectors for a cleaning, and you said sure send them in. Which I did. My belief was that they were clogged. However when I called, I was told the coils were bad when warm. In which he told(a worker) that I would have to buy a new set, not covered under warranty. Believe
me sir, I do not have two sets. My old injectors were never
sent back to me. I don't know how I can prove, showing you
that I mailed my warranty set to you. I'll find a way though.

yes e mail me your original purchase

Understood. Even on the 2014 purchase, they would have been on warranty since I sent them back to you in late august or the first week of september of 2015.

however why did you not mention this in 2017 when you e-mailed us that there was a hard start issue and I told you to send them back?/B]

If you see one of my replies above, I said the hard start issue was due to ECT wires that were exposed, and got corroded. I tested fuel pressure, and it held at 42 pounds for an hour. That is good working fuel system. So I didn't bother sending you the injectors.

Then you said in another thread reply that it was not an injector issue./B]

Correct. It was a diagnostic that I did wrong. Car was running bad, and no shop could figure it out. Not even a vette shop I took it to. My last guess was that injectors were probably clogged. So I emailed you, asking if I could send them in for a cleaning. You told me yes. Then I emailed saying I sent them to you. Your reply was"perfect thanks". After that, I had no updates for about three days from you guys, so I called. Then whoever answered when I called the first time had no update on the injectors. So I waited maybe two days. Then whichever employee answered told me, "the injectors coils are bad." To my knowledge, they were not. But I told him I just sent them for a cleaning. Then he told me there was no point on cleaning them, since the coils were bad-so he said. My response was, "ok cool i bought less than a year ago. So I should still be under warranty" But "not covered under warranty", according to him who I spoke to.

Then you needed o rings and I sent you a set for free and even ate the shipping./B]

Yes you did and thanks. Would you like me to refund you the shipping? Yes, when I removed the fuel rail(believe it was this June or so) I noticed two dried up o rings.

I am a little lost as if you were pissed off about the 2014 set then why not mention it in the 2017 e-mail?/B]

I didn't think you'd care, to be honest. No offense.

Hope I make sense.

So, in my opinion, the injectors that your employee told me were bad. Were never bad. But I believed it because my car was off the streets for quite some time. But still, whether they were bad or not, I should have had them replaced under warranty.

Do you want me to post the 2014 November purchase?
Old 11-26-2017, 08:57 PM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Will do that now. And if you want, I can stop by the post office tomorrow early before all the lines. They may have a receipt of when I sent my 2014 set of injectors to you.
Old 11-26-2017, 09:02 PM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

info@fuelinjectorconnection.com
Do I send it to that email, or a different one?

Well I sent it to that one.

Last edited by 1993C4LT1; 11-26-2017 at 09:25 PM.
Old 11-26-2017, 09:43 PM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

OK guys, FIC just emailed me. It was a worker who messed me up with the warranty. They have made it right. Just waiting for us to call each other, so he can send the money back on the card I used. I know everyone speaks well of FIC, so I thought it was weird that went down with me.

So with that said, my injectors were never bad. My current set are doing just fine.
The following users liked this post:
FICINJECTORS (11-26-2017)
Old 11-27-2017, 07:47 AM
aklim
Team Owner

hopefully i'll become wise one day.
You'll still be doing stupid things till you die. Everyone does. Why should you be different? Lol
1993C4LT1 (11-27-2017)
Old 11-27-2017, 10:57 AM
FOURSPEEDVETTE
Safety Car

Received 224 Likes on 156 Posts

I'm glad this worked out for you. I am certainly using FIC when I soon replace my originals. I'll go with the rebuilt ones also. Can't beat the 3 year warrenty anywhere!
The following 2 users liked this post by FOURSPEEDVETTE:
1993C4LT1 (11-27-2017), FICINJECTORS (11-27-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To Fuel Injection connection (FIC)

Old 11-27-2017, 11:02 AM
aklim
Team Owner

OK guys, FIC just emailed me. It was a worker who messed me up with the warranty. They have made it right. Just waiting for us to call each other, so he can send the money back on the card I used. I know everyone speaks well of FIC, so I thought it was weird that went down with me.

So with that said, my injectors were never bad. My current set are doing just fine.
Take it from me. We have had workers that do silly things even we JUST TOLD THEM. How difficult is it to cut open a box with box cutters? I just warned you NOT to cut towards your body. Turn around what what does he do? Hopefully he learned from getting cut the second time.
1993C4LT1 (11-27-2017)
Old 11-27-2017, 11:03 AM
pologreen1
Team Owner

Received 260 Likes on 239 Posts

Nice to see both sides hash it out and and hopefully both walk away at least with out a bad taste in their mouth.

This is another perfect example of a Customer able to express their thoughts and a Company willing to deal with it publicly, because they are trying to do the right thing.

Many companies would have handled this off the thread.

I commend both parties for being professional and respectful.

Nice work Guys, hope it all works out
1993C4LT1 (11-27-2017)
Old 11-27-2017, 11:09 AM
aklim
Team Owner

Originally Posted by pologreen1
This is another perfect example of a Customer able to express their thoughts and a Company willing to deal with it publicly, because they are trying to do the right thing.
Quite often when I don't think something is right, I also find the "top dog" and ask him if that is the policy. Sometimes it is a misinterpretation of policy by the employee, sometimes it is laziness of the employee or sometimes it is bad policy of the company. I want to know which it is so I will either get the problem resolved or never patronize that company again.

Problem happens when you STFU and the #1 guy doesn't know and we get one pissed customer and a oblivious owner. If the owner doesn't make it right then we know it is company policy. If he does, I'd be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
1993C4LT1 (11-27-2017)

Quick Reply: Fuel Injection connection (FIC)