Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Can anyone here run free VIN checks for RPOs?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 01:29 PM
CadVetteStang
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anyone here run free VIN checks for RPOs?

I’m in the hunt for a 91 Vette and I want to check the RPOs of the VIN before I make the drive to the cars. One is 6 hours North of me and the other 3 hours South.
I know that some people have memberships to the sites for checking the NINs without it costing them money for each inquiry.
The sites that I have visited want $16 or more per VIN and I don’t know if I can trust these sites with my information.
Can someone here run two VINs so I can “remote view” the cars before I go look at them?

Thanks in advance,
Cody
Old 06-24-2016, 04:06 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,271 Likes on 2,032 Posts

Originally Posted by CadVetteStang
I’m in the hunt for a 91 Vette and I want to check the RPOs of the VIN before I make the drive to the cars. One is 6 hours North of me and the other 3 hours South.
I know that some people have memberships to the sites for checking the NINs without it costing them money for each inquiry.
The sites that I have visited want $16 or more per VIN and I don’t know if I can trust these sites with my information.
Can someone here run two VINs so I can “remote view” the cars before I go look at them?

Thanks in advance,
Cody
If you have the VIN's and have a "relationship" with a dealer visit the parts department and ask if they'll do an RPO inquiry for the VIN's. Drop a "tip" on the guy/gal and you'll be all set. If either VIN had any "recent" GM service visits it might appear on a service request. You would need the service dept for that.

Quick Reply: Can anyone here run free VIN checks for RPOs?