Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Aloha!! O.K People... It's time to play.... LET'S TAKE A POLL!!! What do you think of my Ride?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2002, 06:48 PM
Hawaiian Punch
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scroll down this page, 3 responses from here a you'll see the car!! teal colored with the wing.

[Modified by Double Clutch, 3:52 PM 9/3/2002]
Old 09-03-2002, 06:56 PM
Parrothead
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Aloha!! O.K People

"[IMG][/IMG]" doesn't give us much to go on...
Old 09-03-2002, 07:16 PM
stillthere
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Aloha!! O.K People (Parrothead)

looks like a 10 way tie. the picture is not so clear
Old 09-03-2002, 08:20 PM
Rob 93ZR-1
Race Director

Location: Fear causes hesitaiton...and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true. Houston TX
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: (Double Clutch)

Where's the pic? :confused:
Old 09-03-2002, 09:44 PM
Hawaiian Punch
Burning Brakes

Sorry people, had trouble with my carrier!!
Da Ride!!

[Modified by Double Clutch, 3:46 PM 9/3/2002]
Old 09-03-2002, 09:53 PM
Hawaiian Punch
Burning Brakes

Default Re: (Rob 91Z07)

Sorry for that Rob!!! the pictures up now!!

[Modified by Double Clutch, 3:55 PM 9/3/2002]
Old 09-03-2002, 10:01 PM
Preacher
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Good thing you are in Hawaii.... you never have to worry about forgetting your surf board as long as you have that park bench on your car. Just unbolt it and catch some totally tubular waves..... dude. :jester
Old 09-03-2002, 10:14 PM
Hawaiian Punch
Burning Brakes

O.K People!! More info... this is a fully functional wing, it has 2 diffirent ways to adjust, to get as much down force as you'd like!! it was made intentionally to set off the back so i'd still have an easy access to the gas tank. I personally like it better then the ones that are offerd in the Ekclers magazine and other sources that sell after market wings and body kits.... of course the wings on my car so you'd probably expect me to say that!!
Old 09-03-2002, 10:18 PM
Preacher
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Where do you go, there on the big island, that you can drive fast enough for that wing to be for anything other than show? Do you have a track you can race on where your speed justifies that large of a wing?

[Modified by Preacher, 2:18 AM 9/4/2002]
Old 09-03-2002, 10:34 PM
Sharky Guam
Safety Car

Default Re: (Preacher)

Hey Brah! Tell them guys bout the H1 and H2 and all the boys who like race out there! Also make'em know bout the drags. You guys got numba 1 chow and brew out at the drags.

Actually, Hawaii has one of the nicer places to own a nice vette. The weather is primo and the majority of the highways are great fun. I had the pleasure to ride in a Lamborghinni ( or however that name is spelled) a few years ago at speeds near 200 on the H2 highway and know that as long as you do it safely, the local cops may not bust your chops too bad. We got caught once for doing over a 100mph out by the Campbell Industrial Park and got nothing more than a warning. I told the nice officer that we were merely testing the new motor before I bought the car.

The drags are a lot of fun and the boys out there gave us a lot of help when we broke on one of the runs.

Being an island boy from another island which has a high influence of import cars, I can see where my island brother is coming from on his mods. I think that it looks great. However, I would like to see him make it look betta da' kine with some nice wheels. Actually, he might adapt a smaller wing for the front too.

SO Brah, no worries on what the mainland boys think! Just do what you like!

It looks sweet...just fininsh it.....

:cheers: Hang looose!
Old 09-03-2002, 11:09 PM
Hawaiian Punch
Burning Brakes

Default Re: (Sharky Guam)

Eh howzit Sharky Guam!!! Oh!!! finally i get some back up!! I thought that I was on my own here!! I do have plans for another set of rims.. in fact, in about a month or less, my buddy's giving me his set of stock 1999 C-5 rims, the ones that are 5 large spoked and are 18's in the back, 17's in the front!?! And to answer Preachers Question... yes we do have enough room here to take advantage of the wing.. IF I wanted to, I have gone 145MPH already on the H-1 freeway, the same freeway that Sharky Guam mentioned earlier. And yes to your other question about the wing being cosmedic, The vette already creates down force when it reaches a certain speed, the car will lower closer to the ground after a certain speed is reached!!!! So I have it set for the least amount of down force on Da Okole!!! :p:
Old 09-03-2002, 11:37 PM
Sharky Guam
Safety Car

I see on your profile that you are a working stunt man. Don't tell me that you do work for Tom Sellick or maybe you worked on the Charlie's Angels movie. Or maybe you do the high dollar tv soaps stuff. How about some pics of the stars with some cars on the sets that you worked on? Can you post some pics? Those C5 wheels are gonna look Ono on your ride. There are alot of nice vettes in Oahu.

Aloha! :seeya
Old 09-04-2002, 02:42 AM
Hawaiian Punch
Burning Brakes

Actually, looking like a shopping cart was the whole Idea!! My wife and I gave up both of our cars, mine being a 13 sec 78 Grand prix with a 400 chevy small block, 750 Edelbrock carb, 373 limited slip chevy S.S rear end, a mild 488 lift- 224 / 324 duration cam, and ultra full flow exhaust system!! for something thats a little slower but more classy looking. Yeah looking like a shopping cart like I had mentioned earlier was the whole idea, you see now with only one car, and a lot less trunk space, we figured that we'd set this babie up to be able to haul our groceries around... pretty smart huh?:jester This wing does look better in person, the pictures that we took does'nt do it justice. And besides some of those who are responding negatively are probably the same ones who like they'er cars to look like clones of other cars.... you seen, one you seen them all!!! I like to be different, thats what God intended us to be, some of use have forgotten that, why do you think that theres so much trouble happening all over the world now? Because of people not able to except other people being different, either because of they're looks, what they believe in, the lingo they speak, the way they dress. I AM.. different, then, Joe, Bob, Henry, John, Betty, Jim, Ed, Mike, Gary, Ben, Leslie, Rick, Jacob, Chris, Art fartknocker, etc,etc,etc. If that makes me and odd ball, or a bad person because of wanting to break out, so be it... I guess thats what I am. Mahalo for your responses!!! :p:
Old 09-04-2002, 02:48 AM
into01000101
Racer

I've seen smaller wings on Boeing 747's... Do you serve peanuts on your ride? I may book you next time I go to Hawaii and need to get to Oahu.
Old 09-04-2002, 02:52 AM
Sharky Guam
Safety Car

Go get 'em braddah! I like it when a local boy tells it like it is! I say yea to freedom of speech and human rights. We island folk that live in a "melting pot" culture know how to break down barriers and respect each other. The world is a much better place with no barriers. We are all brothers here. No use fighting and squabbling. We all love the Corvette!

Shut up and wave! :seeya :seeya :seeya :seeya
Old 09-04-2002, 03:00 AM
Hawaiian Punch
Burning Brakes

Default Re: (Sharky Guam)

Howzit Sarky Guam!! Sorry no pictures that I can put up! Yes I am a part time stunt man, I havent been on anything worth mentioning yet, only a few inependent movies, commercials, stuff like that! I'm also a Dance instructer, I teach the old school stuff... you the fore father of hip hop, Campbellock Dance, or maybe you know it as Locking... you know Dirty Vegas video thats popular now? the guy who dances on there? Also remember the Mya Video, I'm free or free, somthing like that? thats the kind of dancing I do and teach, I have a dance group also, we're call The Hawaii Campbellock Dancers. We just got back from a performence in Long Beach California, the event was called "The Beat Of The Night" We received exellent reviews, infact 2 days after coming back home, we were invited to come back up to California to do another performence, this time in Palm Springs in Dec 29th of this year!! Every thing paid for! Probably more info than you wanted.

[Modified by Double Clutch, 9:21 PM 9/3/2002]
Old 09-04-2002, 03:04 AM
1bad85
Melting Slicks

Location: livin life one hold my beer moment at a time Houst Tx

:eek:

Get notified of new replies

To Aloha!! O.K People... It's time to play.... LET'S TAKE A POLL!!! What do you think of my Ride?!?!

Old 09-04-2002, 03:17 AM
Hawaiian Punch
Burning Brakes

Default Re: (into01000101)

Yep sure do!! peanuts, popcorn, beer, and pu-pu's... of course the kind of pu-pu's (which by the way means snacks) that I'd serve you might not necessarily be the kind, that us Hawaiians call pu-pu's!!......... KNOW WHAT I MEAN?!?!?!? Mainland Boy?!?!? :D
Old 09-04-2002, 04:06 AM
Hawaiian Punch
Burning Brakes

One More thing to all you people who don't like "Da Wing" have any of you checked out the road racing magazines, and sports networks on that particular sport? notice something strange?!? Oh My God!! those darn cars are sporting the same type of wing that I have on my car?!?!?! C-4's & C-5's, And.... you got to be kinding me.... are they winning races left & right,?!?!? People!! lets band together, and tell those idiots that those cars with the wings on them look like "SHOPPING CARTS"!!!! why!!!!..... dont they know how rediculous it looks??!! So what if they'er winning over... Porches, Bmw's, Mercedes, Ford Mustangs, Even Dodges baddast car...THE VIPER!!! It does'nt matter!! So what!! The don't know what they're doing!!!Like Us average folk who call road racing, going down a free way 60 or 70, maybe 80 mph racing ricers!! So what if they're beating some of the best road racers around!! we're trying to beat the traffic to work every day... there and back!!!, we know what works & what does'nt!! We know what looks good and what does'nt!!! And we say... "THE SHOPPING CART" look is defenitly out!!! Besides with wings that big they look like "THEY"RE GOING TO TAKE OFF"!!! :smash: :p:
Old 09-04-2002, 05:42 AM
ToniH
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

How is the wing attached to your car?
What mods/upgrades have you done to your suspension?

ToniH

Quick Reply: Aloha!! O.K People... It's time to play.... LET'S TAKE A POLL!!! What do you think of my Ride?!?!