C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Brits go crazy over a C4 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 02:12 PM
Barchetta
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Brits go crazy over a C4 Corvette

Entertaining to see the British go nuts over American muscle cars. In this case, the C4 Corvette.

Two parts of the show..

https://youtu.be/QigctSACLw4

https://youtu.be/rP0ph8pT_7Q

PS... How popular was/is the C4 in the UK?
Old 10-31-2015, 02:57 PM
maddogwyatt
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Barchetta
Entertaining to see the British go nuts over American muscle cars. In this case, the C4 Corvette.

PS... How popular was/is the C4 in the UK?
I think there are only about 200 C4s over here (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). Our 93 vert gets a lot of attention from enthusiasts - A guy in a Subaru Impreza looked like he was gonna crash craning his head out the window to look back at it the other day!
As in the USA, the C4 is the most affordable Corvette, but prices seem to be on the up. Parts availability is generally good, but I'm struggling to find wiper blades, of all things. None of the replacements mentioned on this Forum seem to be available in the UK. I've had to order JUST the rubber (swopping the metal parts from the old refills) to make my own!!
Wheeler Dealers is a fun programme, featuring cars I owned many years ago - Jaguar Mk2, Jensen Interceptor, Bugeye Sprite etc, but it is several years old, so the prices are out of date, and Mike Brewer is really irritating.......

Last edited by maddogwyatt; 10-31-2015 at 02:58 PM.
Old 10-31-2015, 05:12 PM
corvetteronw
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 247 Likes on 200 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

They ship to the UK
http://www.parts123.com/corvettecent...50f&ukey=10234
Old 10-31-2015, 07:11 PM
GotMe1
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by maddogwyatt
I think there are only about 200 C4s over here (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). Our 93 vert gets a lot of attention from enthusiasts - A guy in a Subaru Impreza looked like he was gonna crash craning his head out the window to look back at it the other day!
As in the USA, the C4 is the most affordable Corvette, but prices seem to be on the up. Parts availability is generally good, but I'm struggling to find wiper blades, of all things. None of the replacements mentioned on this Forum seem to be available in the UK. I've had to order JUST the rubber (swopping the metal parts from the old refills) to make my own!!
Wheeler Dealers is a fun programme, featuring cars I owned many years ago - Jaguar Mk2, Jensen Interceptor, Bugeye Sprite etc, but it is several years old, so the prices are out of date, and Mike Brewer is really irritating.......

I get a big kick out of Mike. Over 200 brake horse power...WOW! He would kill himself in my car...lol. I am a fan of the show, seen every episode.
Old 11-01-2015, 03:04 AM
maddogwyatt
Racer

Originally Posted by corvetteronw
Thanks Ron.
Old 11-01-2015, 03:07 AM
maddogwyatt
Racer

[QUOTE I am a fan of the show, seen every episode.[/QUOTE]
Dis you see Edd in the Isetta bubble car? I had one when I was 16, because over here I could drive it on a provisional motorbike license. When it stopped charging, bump-starting it was quite dodgy!!
Old 11-01-2015, 04:45 PM
Joe C
Race Director

Received 703 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by GotMe1
I get a big kick out of Mike. Over 200 brake horse power...WOW! He would kill himself in my car...lol. I am a fan of the show, seen every episode.
- they have, however, did some editing for the American audience. early on, when the show first aired, mike hammered the cars electrics, said "typical American." this is coming from a guy that lives in the land of lucas, a.k.a., lucas, the prince of darkness. I really got a kick out of the engine dress-up kit - . mike and edd have come a long way since the early days, but i'm thinking paul is the real mechanic. i'm also a big fan - seen every episode. another great brit car show is "car sos." it's like a british version of overhaulin. usually some serious, medical, hard luck stories. I enjoy the show because you get to see cars that for the most part were never imported into the U.S. nat-geo aired season two last year, but never picked up season three. it is however on youtube.

here's one of my favorites:

Last edited by Joe C; 11-02-2015 at 06:49 AM.
Old 11-01-2015, 07:48 PM
ghoastrider1
Le Mans Master

Received 265 Likes on 240 Posts

Have a friends that live between new castle and Blackpool (wesham?) They like to race a old morris minor. they were over here a few years ago and wanted to drive my 86 but we couldn't make it happen. Same thing happened when my wifes friends were here from Austrailia.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:08 AM
ricasso
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by maddogwyatt
I think the figure of 200 was based on official imports through company's like Baur Millet, it wont include privately imported cars and cars brought in from Europe etc, I once met a guy who knew the person who bought the WD Corvette, he reckoned it was a load of rubbish, the work was done to a very poor standard..I do like the series but if you look carefully at some of the "unhighlighted" parts of the cars in some of the shots then it's all a bit sketchy.

P.S ref your wipers, I'm guessing you've spoken to Keith? he may have them in stock, or maybe Tom at Claremont..

Last edited by ricasso; 11-02-2015 at 06:12 AM.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:59 AM
Joe C
Race Director

Received 703 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by ricasso
I think the figure of 200 was based on official imports through company's like Baur Millet, it wont include privately imported cars and cars brought in from Europe etc, I once met a guy who knew the person who bought the WD Corvette, he reckoned it was a load of rubbish, the work was done to a very poor standard..I do like the series but if you look carefully at some of the "unhighlighted" parts of the cars in some of the shots then it's all a bit sketchy.
- sketchy is an understatement! in some episodes, edd goes through the trouble to clean and refinish wheels, only to put them on with rusted out lug nuts. all kinds of sketchy details if you look carefully, but I still like the show. as for that 84 corvette - I might have considered parting that thing out - after mike and edd did their magic - engine dress up kit and all!
Old 11-02-2015, 07:02 AM
ricasso
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe C
- sketchy is an understatement! in some episodes, edd goes through the trouble to clean and refinish wheels, only to put them on with rusted out lug nuts. all kinds of sketchy details if you look carefully, but I still like the show. as for that 84 corvette - I might have considered parting that thing out - after mike and edd did their magic - engine dress up kit and all!
Old 11-02-2015, 01:54 PM
maddogwyatt
Racer

P.S ref your wipers, I'm guessing you've spoken to Keith? he may have them in stock, or maybe Tom at Claremont..[/QUOTE]

I've got some replacement rubbers coming that "should" fit into the metal frames of the old refills - I hope! If it doesn't work, I'll call Keith which is what I should have done in the first place
Old 11-02-2015, 03:41 PM
1985 Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 387 Likes on 236 Posts

My favorite part of the whole show was the technical of repairing the headlight motor operation. Least favorite......"engine dress up kit". How are you gonna knock american cars then buy chrome stick on pieces to "dress up" a dirty engine bay? Pot, meet kettle.
Old 11-06-2015, 02:57 PM
dm575
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Had my C4 for 4 years now, not seen another single one on the road and only two at car shows. Turns heads, sounds great, ebay along with this forum keeps it running

Get notified of new replies

To Brits go crazy over a C4 Corvette

Quick Reply: Brits go crazy over a C4 Corvette