leather seat covers

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 12:53 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,257 Likes on 1,963 Posts

Originally Posted by billy mild
No sport seats.
Maybe not at this time. Shoot him an email. After all, he makes them so he might have the pattern. IDK. If possible, have him send you a piece of fabric. I did that for ACC when I was getting carpets to decide if I wanted to buy their Cutpile or Essex. I found that the Essex was way too bright a red to match the rest of the car so I went with Cutpile Mass.
Old 02-18-2016, 02:14 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by aklim
Maybe not at this time. Shoot him an email. After all, he makes them so he might have the pattern. IDK. If possible, have him send you a piece of fabric. I did that for ACC when I was getting carpets to decide if I wanted to buy their Cutpile or Essex. I found that the Essex was way too bright a red to match the rest of the car so I went with Cutpile Mass.
I don't believe he makes them and do not believe English is his first language. I tried to get samples no luck.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:27 PM
dvoeltz
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But that kinda omits what YOUR time is worth, doesn't it? People tell me biodiesel is $0.50 a gallon. Sounds really cheap until you compare it "apples to apples" and figure in labor rates, storage, etc, etc. At which time it isn't quite as rosy.
I do my own wrenching when I can for therapeutic reasons. I enjoy doing it and helps relax me. More cost effective compared to paying a shrink $100 an hour.

Dave in Pierre SD
Old 02-20-2016, 07:56 AM
aklim
Team Owner

Originally Posted by dvoeltz
I do my own wrenching when I can for therapeutic reasons. I enjoy doing it and helps relax me.

More cost effective compared to paying a shrink $100 an hour.

Dave in Pierre SD
I wrench or get things fixed to save a few bucks. My needs are many and my resources (time and money) are limited so I have to weigh things out. If I spend 3 days on the Vette, I have to give up something else. In the summer, it means my ATV, Jetski or motorcycling time has to take a hit so I can get my chores done. In the winter, skiing or other house projects. All year round, shooting or maintaining my other vehicles or yard work. For instance, application of fertilizer. It costs me $53 to hire it out per application but it costs me about $55-60 and an hour of my time to DIY. Not worth my time. Hired out. Had it cost me $30 and a half hour of time, I'd do it.

It is more cost effective because you use a shrink badly. The proper application of a shrink (more than $100 an hour http://www.toddscoxmd.com/FeesPolicies.en.html) is to have him make up excuses for your bad behavior so you get mitigataion in court. I charge $100, listen to your crap and say "You are an azzhole" or "You are stupid". On slow Tuesdays, I give both of them for the low price of $90. Before you click on that link, you might want to be seated.
Old 02-20-2016, 08:09 AM
steve1657
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

I wrench or get things fixed to save a few bucks. My needs are many and my resources (time and money) are limited so I have to weigh things out. If I spend 3 days on the Vette, I have to give up something else. In the summer, it means my ATV, Jetski or motorcycling time has to take a hit so I can get my chores done. In the winter, skiing or other house projects. All year round, shooting or maintaining my other vehicles or yard work. For instance, application of fertilizer. It costs me $53 to hire it out per application but it costs me about $55-60 and an hour of my time to DIY. Not worth my time. Hired out. Had it cost me $30 and a half hour of time, I'd do it.

It is more cost effective because you use a shrink badly. The proper application of a shrink (more than $100 an hour http://www.toddscoxmd.com/FeesPolicies.en.html) is to have him make up excuses for your bad behavior so you get mitigataion in court. I charge $100, listen to your crap and say "You are an azzhole" or "You are stupid". On slow Tuesdays, I give both of them for the low price of $90. Before you click on that link, you might want to be seated.
Go troll some other post... it is one thing to state your opinion, you take that to a totally unacceptable level. Your view is not the only perspective, do you truly believe that your life philosophy is correct and applicable to everyone's situation.

GFY
Old 02-20-2016, 08:26 AM
aklim
Team Owner

Originally Posted by steve1657
Go troll some other post... it is one thing to state your opinion, you take that to a totally unacceptable level. Your view is not the only perspective, do you truly believe that your life philosophy is correct and applicable to everyone's situation.

GFY
Put me on ignore and go try self procreation if you don't like me or what I say. You don't write my paycheck nor are you a hottie in by bed. You opinion of me doesn't count for squat.
Old 02-20-2016, 08:50 AM
steve1657
Pro

Put me on ignore and go try self procreation if you don't like me or what I say. You don't write my paycheck nor are you a hottie in by bed. You opinion of me doesn't count for squat.
What are u compensating for... oh I get it. Lol
Old 02-20-2016, 08:54 AM
aklim
Team Owner

What are u compensating for... oh I get it. Lol
Dime or even nickle store psychoanalysis? I'd like to say "Surely you can do better." but I'd hate to lie and say things I don't honestly believe.
Old 02-20-2016, 08:58 AM
steve1657
Pro

Dime or even nickle store psychoanalysis? I'd like to say "Surely you can do better." but I'd hate to lie and say things I don't honestly believe.
Nope, just a drive by in my vette while you are sitting there telling everyone how you are right about everything and better than the rest of us. Have a good day.
Old 02-20-2016, 09:14 AM
aklim
Team Owner

Nope, just a drive by in my vette while you are sitting there telling everyone how you are right about everything and better than the rest of us. Have a good day.
Don't drive and post. Don't care if you drive off a cliff but I'd rather not have you hurt an uninvolved party.

Pretty sure I'm not better than everyone. You, OTOH are a different story.

Again, I'd like to wish you a good day too but I don't lie unnecessarily.
Old 02-20-2016, 09:15 AM
Pa'svette
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16-'17-'18,'19

WOW!!! I thought this thread was about seat covers.
Old 02-20-2016, 09:24 AM
steve1657
Pro

Originally Posted by Pa'svette
WOW!!! I thought this thread was about seat covers.
. It was until someone was continually putting down the thread and our discussion on the benefits of lower cost replacement options. He is doing same on other threads also. I am done feeding the troll. No need to turn this into yahoo comment section of which I found myself sliding. Most of us are above that and appreciate the information, discussion and help offered here. Time to go for a drive

Last edited by steve1657; 02-20-2016 at 09:25 AM.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:14 AM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Old 02-20-2016, 10:33 AM
aklim
Team Owner

. It was until someone was continually putting down the thread and our discussion on the benefits of lower cost replacement options. He is doing same on other threads also.

I am done feeding the troll. No need to turn this into yahoo comment section of which I found myself sliding.

Most of us are above that and appreciate the information, discussion and help offered here. Time to go for a drive
What can I say? I don't agree withthe "low cost today, pay more tomorrow solution". Also, I really can't afford to pay twice for the same thing so I need to see what $200 buys me. Whether it is more headache tomorrow or not.

Never to hear from you again? Wow! I'll be so sad. Looking to be a good day already.

How magnanimous a person you are after your admitted slide.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:43 AM
antfarmer2
Race Director

What can I say? I don't agree withthe "low cost today, pay more tomorrow solution". Also, I really can't afford to pay twice for the same thing so I need to see what $200 buys me. Whether it is more headache tomorrow or not.

Never to hear from you again? Wow! I'll be so sad. Looking to be a good day already.

How magnanimous a person you are after your admitted slide.
I will guarantee I have done more seats in one day than 99.9 percent of the forum has done in their life. And have done these seat covers other than the hogring welts that you do have to take some care and do it right they are very good covers. For a very good price.

Last edited by antfarmer2; 02-20-2016 at 10:46 AM.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:53 AM
aklim
Team Owner

Originally Posted by antfarmer2
I will guarantee I have done more seats than 99.9 percent of the forum. And have done these seat covers other than the hogring welts that you do have to take some care and do it right they are very good covers. For a very good price.
I'll find out pretty quick. I'm working on getting a set ifall goes well. Got a Wilcox one ordered. My friend will take them since he needs it too. So if I bring the results to a couple of upholstery shops for opinions only and they like it, I sell him the Wilcox ones. If not he will take the cheap ones since he is looking to sell the car in a couple years if they do have yet another kid.

If that comes to pass, I'll have better knowledge with little risk. Probably buy dinner since he is so cooperative
Old 02-20-2016, 11:04 AM
antfarmer2
Race Director

I'll find out pretty quick. I'm working on getting a set ifall goes well. Got a Wilcox one ordered. My friend will take them since he needs it too. So if I bring the results to a couple of upholstery shops for opinions only and they like it, I sell him the Wilcox ones. If not he will take the cheap ones since he is looking to sell the car in a couple years if they do have yet another kid.

If that comes to pass, I'll have better knowledge with little risk. Probably buy dinner since he is so cooperative
That would be great to have a side by side comparison post your results. I would love to see the $500.00 difference I am betting on the ( cheap ones )

Get notified of new replies

To leather seat covers

Old 02-20-2016, 04:51 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Originally Posted by antfarmer2
That would be great to have a side by side comparison post your results.

I would love to see the $500.00 difference I am betting on the ( cheap ones )
Soon as I get him to agree on the thing. I will of course do a "Wilcox" vs OEM and see what shakes. Although I am curious as to the Wilcox unit. You see, I believe Auto Custom Carpet builds the carpet set but I don't know who builds their foam and cover..

Actually, it is a $400 difference if you count the fact that often Wilcox gives a 20% discount and the Ebay vendor doesn't raise it again to $250. So if we can keep install time down to say $200 and the seat cover lasts half as long, it will be a push, assuming no price change is (25 years for mine) coming in the next 12.5 years. Would have to price book time for the job and hourly rate and have the shop eval the quality of the materials used in OE, Wilcox and this guy (assuming the friend an I can agree on the test).
Old 02-23-2016, 09:26 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Wilcox seat is installed. Doesn't conform to my butt anymore but still comfortable. The material obviously feels better than OEM since this is new and OEM is 25 years old. Corvette shop in northern WI that did the carpet install and patching up of the fiberglass that was falling out from the PO's trying to jack it up on the flat surface and doing a crappy job of fixing it. They recognized the material as the same as what Corvette America also sells. They find the material acceptable. Lets see what the upholstery shop says in the next couple of days.
Old 02-25-2016, 05:14 PM
86C4Z51
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Just a quick scroll past the hair-pulling and are we back to seats now?

Quick Reply: leather seat covers