Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Father's Funeral Request

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 08:31 PM
bigblock427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,355 Likes on 1,062 Posts

My sincere condolences to you and your family.

I don't have a Z (do have two Vettes though ) and I don't live near you. But if I did, I would gladly pay honor to your father.

May God bless you and your family.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:37 PM
TPA Z06
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So sorry for your loss. I know there will be a nice showing of Corvette brothers there for you and your Dad in your time of need.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:13 PM
John BX NY
Drifting

Received 341 Likes on 231 Posts

Maybe check with Loehmann-Blasius Chevrolrt the local dealer for help ?
Old 08-28-2014, 10:17 PM
69z28&ss396
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Mine too. I did a big Ole smokey burnout when my dad passed at 56 four years ago. It gets easier, as the pain fades to memories.. Drive that car often and look at the passenger seat from time to time.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:37 PM
Doug Kraft
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry for your loss.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:18 AM
76CSRvette
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

sorry for your loss brother
Old 08-29-2014, 12:46 AM
LANDSHARK1
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just so wish I could be there. I'm in San Francisco and dealing with an elderly father who moved in with us (my girlfriend and I) with Alzheimer's and dementia...he went cuckoo after my mom passed away with cancer. I actually pulled up your church on Google Street View just earlier just so I could see it and I could totally visualize how it will look with all those beautiful Corvettes tomorrow. Sounds crazy, but I just had to see how it looked there...I think this is such a wonderful thing to do in his memory.

Such a beautiful thing...truly touching and so emotionally moving to think of everyone doing this tomorrow. We may not all be able to make it there, but we are with you in spirit. Will most definitely be thinking of you all at 7:00AM my time tomorrow.

By the way, although my car is not a ZR-1, it is also a black '95...I think he would have really liked it.

Last edited by LANDSHARK1; 08-29-2014 at 12:51 AM.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:41 PM
persuader
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts

My sincerest condolences on the loss of your dad. Rest assured, you will see him again someday. God Bless
Old 08-30-2014, 12:22 AM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Received 1,101 Likes on 853 Posts

Originally Posted by LANDSHARK1
I'm in San Francisco and dealing with an elderly father who moved in with us (my girlfriend and I) with Alzheimer's and dementia...he went cuckoo after my mom passed away with cancer.
My hats off to you both.

My former real estate sales agent for our house lived across the street with her husband who always took her on long trips to places she had never been.

One of the daughters of the lady had moved into the house to take care of Mom with lung cancer cause the husband was diagnosed with dementia. Daughter calls the Sheriff within days. The husband gets extracted from the house allegedly being out of control (protecting his wife in my view). Husband gets sent to the local hospital and then gets transferred to a local Sr home (expensive prison in my view, based on several visits).

Promptly after daughter moves in & the husband out of the way, her Mom, who needed to be on oxygen tank, is dead. 33 days later the husband dies of Alzheimer at the "Sr Home".

We visit the grave site several times and yrs later, still no grave marker for the wife, although she was entitled to a freebee with husband being a veteran.

3 kids of the lady split the 1M inheritance and they can't buy a grave marker or don't apply for a free one from the VA. But they got a couple six packs of beer and had a good time on the front porch the day of her death.

Last edited by cor28vettes; 08-30-2014 at 12:39 AM.
Old 08-30-2014, 12:46 AM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Originally Posted by LANDSHARK1
I just so wish I could be there. I'm in San Francisco and dealing with an elderly father who moved in with us (my girlfriend and I) with Alzheimer's and dementia...he went cuckoo after my mom passed away with cancer. I actually pulled up your church on Google Street View just earlier just so I could see it and I could totally visualize how it will look with all those beautiful Corvettes tomorrow. Sounds crazy, but I just had to see how it looked there...I think this is such a wonderful thing to do in his memory.

Such a beautiful thing...truly touching and so emotionally moving to think of everyone doing this tomorrow. We may not all be able to make it there, but we are with you in spirit. Will most definitely be thinking of you all at 7:00AM my time tomorrow.

By the way, although my car is not a ZR-1, it is also a black '95...I think he would have really liked it.
OP: You can tell from reading this thread that "we may not all may not be able to make it there, but we are (all) with you in spirit". And that counts.
Old 08-30-2014, 12:56 AM
cudamax
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 6GenVettes
My hats off to you both.

My former real estate sales agent for our house lived across the street with her husband who always took her on long trips to places she had never been.

One of the daughters of the lady had moved into the house to take care of Mom with lung cancer cause the husband was diagnosed with dementia. Daughter calls the Sheriff within days. The husband gets extracted from the house allegedly being out of control (protecting his wife in my view). Husband gets sent to the local hospital and then gets transferred to a local Sr home (expensive prison in my view, based on several visits).

Promptly after daughter moves in & the husband out of the way, her Mom, who needed to be on oxygen tank, is dead. 33 days later the husband dies of Alzheimer at the "Sr Home".

We visit the grave site several times and yrs later, still no grave marker for the wife, although she was entitled to a freebee with husband being a veteran.

3 kids of the lady split the 1M inheritance and they can't buy a grave marker or don't apply for a free one from the VA. But they got a couple six packs of beer and had a good time on the front porch the day of her death.
You need to call the Insurance co and the Police
Old 08-30-2014, 01:05 AM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Originally Posted by cudamax
You need to call the Insurance co and the Police
Sheriff's detective was advised, rest assured. Nothing became of it. The 1M was real estate assets that the lady had per her husband, who told me so. Husband had real estate assets of his own which his kids got.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:32 AM
cudamax
Burning Brakes

Medical Exam Showed? and was ruled what?
Old 08-30-2014, 01:34 AM
cudamax
Burning Brakes

Thats Horrible and textbook classic foul play and has happened and will happen again and following that certain person. They Dont Stop. They can't help themselfs
Old 08-30-2014, 10:31 AM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Medical Exam Showed? and was ruled what?
Lung cancer I would imagine. It's not like she got strangled.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:31 AM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Thats Horrible and textbook classic foul play and has happened and will happen again and following that certain person. They Dont Stop. They can't help themselfs
KARMA will take care of her when she gets old
Old 08-30-2014, 10:36 AM
greest_lightnin
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tomzr1
Hey I'm writing this post on behalf of my father who passed away of pancreatic cancer yesterday at 55 years old. He proudly owned a black 1995 ZR1 and he loved his car very much. It is going to lead his funeral procession this Friday in Waterbury, Connecticut. I don't know if such a thing could be arranged at such short notice but just wanted to see if anyone in the area would be willing to line up their ZRs or Corvettes in general for the funeral. My father would have loved to see such a sight and I think it'd be really cool.

Details:
Friday 10am
Mount Carmel Church
Highland Ave.
Waterbury, CT

Thanks,
Tom Ieronimo Jr.

So, Tom, how did it go?

Al

Get notified of new replies

To Father's Funeral Request

Old 08-30-2014, 10:37 AM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Originally Posted by 6GenVettes
OP: You can tell from reading this thread that "we may not all may not be able to make it there, but we are (all) with you in spirit". And that counts.

To be fair to the OP, lets get back on track with the quote in mind.

Sorry for the diversion (as so often happens on threads)
Old 08-30-2014, 10:41 AM
cudamax
Burning Brakes

We need a lounge area here at this forum. Where we can all hang and talk about whatever. We also need to Respect this man Passing Dad and not high jack it.

I'm sorry again for your loss and I think you should Cherish that ZR-1 in your Dads Honor.
Old 08-30-2014, 12:10 PM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Received 644 Likes on 421 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified

If this were anywhere near me here in Ca I would have been there,God Bless you you and your family.

Quick Reply: Father's Funeral Request