C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Ebay Seat Covers

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 09:16 PM
hllywd
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay Seat Covers

Just an FYI I won these on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/161366129654...S:3160&vxp=mtr

I've never installed upholstery until today. Found a couple videos on Youtube to get the basic idea, and dove in. The first bottom probably took an hour, the second one half that. The install was really straight forward, but definitely get a really good pair of sidecuts to remove the old hog rings or you're going to have sore hands! I did not order new foam so the fit isn't super tight, but I think with a couple days of hot sun they'll look even better than they do now.

These covers look like the originals, only not shiny, and hard like the originals. all in all I'd say a super deal! One other thing, these are all leather, no vinyl trim like the OEMs. Not sure there are any downfalls to that, but they really seem like great quality. The feel is great even with only the bottoms done.

I'll post a few pics tomorrow when I get the backs done too.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:02 PM
HlhnEast
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Product and prices look good. I am assuming $299 is the reserve? Wish they had red ones!
Old 07-28-2014, 10:20 PM
hllywd
Cruising

Originally Posted by HlhnEast
I am assuming $299 is the reserve?
Near as I could tell, yes. I raised my first bid that didn't meet the reserve to $300 not expecting to win at that point. Glad it did now!
Old 07-28-2014, 11:30 PM
PLRX
Team Owner

Received 501 Likes on 342 Posts
Co-winner 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C4 of Year
2016 C7 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

sold?
Old 07-29-2014, 02:12 AM
indallas1978
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just finished installing a pair of these on my 87. Same ebay seller and the quality is actually surprisingly great and they look & feel wonderful. I had never done upholstery before but took my time, used about twice the hog rings as factory and used my original foam as well. Mine fit great and a handy tip for anyone new to installing is before hog ringing, zip tie each the metal rods in the seat cover to the ones in the foam at each end and one in the middle & it holds it snug and in place and makes putting the rings on so much easier. All in all I personally would recommend these all day long especially for $300 bucks.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:31 AM
C4in mesa
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

I paid $300 for my leather seat covers off eBay from a guy in Houston TX. I am waiting to have the disposable $300 for new foam (standard) before doing anything with them. I see a install kit for $35 this is required with new foam yes ? The seat covers only came with hog rings. I was going to pay someone to install them so I don't damage the leather. How long for a professional to do this ? All four cushions.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:28 PM
dvoeltz
Advanced

I bought these a couple of years ago. Fitted well and look good. Get some dry cleaning bags and slip over the foam before installing the covers. Makes it so much easier to make them fit. I also glued some blanket batting (or what ever it is called) on the foam to puff it up a bit. Made the covers fit much better.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:26 PM
hllywd
Cruising

Originally Posted by dvoeltz
I bought these a couple of years ago. Fitted well and look good. Get some dry cleaning bags and slip over the foam before installing the covers. Makes it so much easier to make them fit. I also glued some blanket batting (or what ever it is called) on the foam to puff it up a bit. Made the covers fit much better.
I didn't think about putting the bags on first. It went pretty easy anyway. They've been on a couple days and the packing wrinkles are stretching out, they fit pretty well even with the old foam. A couple downsides are that the leather finish has a matte sheen that doesn't match the rest of the interior that well, and under the cool white florescent lights in my garage the color is a little... weird, just not a true black like the rest of the car. I the daylight they've completely updated the interior of the car.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:27 PM
hllywd
Cruising

Old 08-02-2014, 10:48 PM
gbarrett
Instructor

I ordered a pair of the standard seat leathers. I didn't realize my foam was so bad or the leather was way too big. I couldn't get them to look good enough so I took out the seats and went with Corbeaus.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:23 PM
ozzyrulesme
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hllywd
Just an FYI I won these on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/161366129654...S:3160&vxp=mtr

I've never installed upholstery until today. Found a couple videos on Youtube to get the basic idea, and dove in. The first bottom probably took an hour, the second one half that. The install was really straight forward, but definitely get a really good pair of sidecuts to remove the old hog rings or you're going to have sore hands! I did not order new foam so the fit isn't super tight, but I think with a couple days of hot sun they'll look even better than they do now.

These covers look like the originals, only not shiny, and hard like the originals. all in all I'd say a super deal! One other thing, these are all leather, no vinyl trim like the OEMs. Not sure there are any downfalls to that, but they really seem like great quality. The feel is great even with only the bottoms done.

I'll post a few pics tomorrow when I get the backs done too.
What did u get them for?
Old 08-04-2014, 10:16 PM
hllywd
Cruising

$300

The past two days have been scorchers here. Almost all the wrinkles are now gone. World of difference!

Get notified of new replies

To Ebay Seat Covers

Quick Reply: Ebay Seat Covers