C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Different typee of PKE question

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 06:12 PM
kg4fku
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Different typee of PKE question

I was investigating my PKE system and happened to notice that inside my remotes, on the circuit board, there are two buttons. This is odd as 1. I have a convertible and 2. there is only one button available on the outside of the remote (looks like a door window).

Upon further investigation, the button on the outside is designed to only actuate one of the buttons on the board while the other button on the board is never utilized.

I am going to go out on a limb and hypothesize that there is only one type of PKE circuit board that services both coupe and convertible and there are two types of plastic enclosures.

Could any of you C4 guru's confirm or deny this?

It would make life easier on those that need a new PKE to buy either convertible or coupe style remotes and then swap plastics to match their needs instead of trying to find one or the other.

Hope this makes sense to someone.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:58 AM
markKlein
Melting Slicks

Received 105 Likes on 90 Posts

Makes sense to me that they would make them that way. Of course, you are assuming that people buying a fob already have a good condition faceplate to use,
Old 07-23-2014, 10:25 AM
kg4fku
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by markKlein
Makes sense to me that they would make them that way. Of course, you are assuming that people buying a fob already have a good condition faceplate to use,
That is a big assumption. indeed.

However, a convertible owner could then use either transmitter face plate. They would jus have an extra useless button. Not sure if the remote could be used for opening the convertible boot lid. Not that this feature would be very usefull in everyday life.

A coupe owner could use either face plate as well. They just wouldn't be able to open the hatch without making a modification to the remote face plate.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:49 PM
markKlein
Melting Slicks

Received 105 Likes on 90 Posts

Yes, a coupe owner has always been able to use a vert fob, he just wouldn't have the hatch button. And a vert owner could always use a coupe fob, he just had an extra button.
Old 04-07-2015, 07:05 PM
MARKRUBYRED
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, there are two (2) different key fobs for the C-4 PKE, one for the Coupe w/ 2 buttons and the Convertible has only 1. When I bought my Ruby 'Vert 10 years ago I purchased an extra PKE fob, but for a Coupe. After programming both FOB's I discovered the Hatch button for the Coupe will release the Convertible Deck Lid if pushed, so it is functional.

Get notified of new replies

To Different typee of PKE question

Quick Reply: Different typee of PKE question