C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

HVAC fans not operating

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 04:10 PM
pushrod-v8
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Default HVAC fans not operating

The HVAC fans are not operating. The digital display works and I can go from 1 to 10 but they do not blow anything. I can feel some cold air come out but it feels like it is stuck on 1.

Somebody help, it's hot outside!!!
Old 07-22-2014, 04:33 PM
SnAkeDr
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pushrod-v8
The HVAC fans are not operating. The digital display works and I can go from 1 to 10 but they do not blow anything. I can feel some cold air come out but it feels like it is stuck on 1.

You might have to take the a/c module out of the dash. There is a couple of write ups on how to do this on the web. Basically you have to take apart the A/C control face place of and with q tips and alcohol, clean the buttons.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:38 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,260 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Put 12V direct to fan under the hood and see what happens. The FSM is pretty complete with diagnostics for the situation you mention. I wouldn't just start tearing the dash and AC control apart.

Under the hood at the blower motor is where you start!
Old 07-22-2014, 07:33 PM
Ozzstar
Pro

Received 256 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by pushrod-v8

What year is your car? On 1984-93 jump the ALDL terminals A and B like you are trying to retrieve trouble codes which should turn BOTH fans ON automatically....Key Ignition On, Engine Off.

Have you tried this yet?
Old 07-22-2014, 08:37 PM
pushrod-v8
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Ozzstar
What year is your car? On 1984-93 jump the ALDL terminals A and B like you are trying to retrieve trouble codes which should turn BOTH fans ON automatically....Key Ignition On, Engine Off.

Have you tried this yet?

This if the HVAC system, not the cooling fans on the radiator.

I will check the blower motor under the hood and go from there.

Thanks!

Old 07-22-2014, 11:00 PM
-=Jeff=-
Race Director

Received 172 Likes on 149 Posts

when I compare the volume and velocity of the A/C in my Corvette vs my 2007 Malibu it is a night and day difference.. the corvette is very weak. I have checked the Evap housing and it looks clear form debris

I have replaced the Blower motor and Squirrel cage.. I have yet to swap the resistor module (C60) and then see if that helps..

next will be to check out all the vents and if I can wrap them to help direct the cool air to the cabin
Old 07-23-2014, 03:24 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 342 Likes on 313 Posts

The problem is MUCH more likely to be in the area of the blower control module. I just fixed mine earlier today (no blower) by wiggling the connectors. When I touched the red wire (comes from the positive battery cable on the starter) the fan started working. I need to clean those connector pins.

Get notified of new replies

To HVAC fans not operating

Quick Reply: HVAC fans not operating