WARNING: Exotic Muscle

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 04:36 AM
mcm95403
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 223 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy@DRM
We are 4(ish) weeks away from having them back in stock. We have been getting calls about them again. Which is a good sign to get some more built

Fact: they haven't bought anything from us in 7-8 or more years. But borrowed some of our product pictures

Randy
Please PM me when you have them back in stock - I'll be happy to buy a correct set.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:40 AM
mcm95403
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by dizwiz24
I want to caution creating a thread like this bashing a corvette business.

The owner (i believe his name is merle) is a c4 (zr1?) enthusiast.

even if one of his product lines is not the best(since drm doesnt make the product anymore), he might still have other stuff that is.

He will probably see this thread and hopefully reply.

Note that I wasn't "bashing" I was warning others of what happened, and also posted his entire response to be fair about it.

Stuff happens - I get that. Hopefully the offending employee is job hunting now. That still doesn't excuse the incorrect picture and (what I consider to be a) misleading auction description. Nowhere did it say "this is a stock bracket with extra holes drilled in it". And THAT is the main issue I had with the auction. I'd have never paid $125 for something I could do myself in 10 minutes with a vise and a hand drill.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:50 AM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by dizwiz24
I want to caution creating a thread like this bashing a corvette business.

The owner (i believe his name is merle) is a c4 (zr1?) enthusiast.

even if one of his product lines is not the best(since drm doesnt make the product anymore), he might still have other stuff that is.

He will probably see this thread and hopefully reply.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:31 PM
pushrod-v8
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

We are 4(ish) weeks away from having them back in stock. We have been getting calls about them again. Which is a good sign to get some more built

Fact: they haven't bought anything from us in 7-8 or more years. But borrowed some of our product pictures

Randy

Please message me also when they are ready.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:24 PM
Cruisinfanatic
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Clifton Park, NY ..............Clearwater, FL ... 85 Original Owner
Received 553 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by mcm95403
I bought a set of trailing arm brackets on Exotic Muscle's E-Bay store. In the auction they used a picture of what appeared to be a direct copy of the DRM bracket. It clearly showed the 2 locator plates welded to the bracket and only 2 sets of holes.

What I got was a set of stock brackets that had an additional pair of holes drilled in them, but the holes don't even match each other side to side. They weren't cleaned up well before painting either, and the paint was even still smelly and a little tacky when I got them.

I've opened a case with E-bay for a refund, but I wanted to fore-warn the forum about their business practices.

I'll see if I can post a picture of the brackets they sent shortly.
Why? Did you give the seller a chance to fix this before doing so???

Last edited by Cruisinfanatic; 07-24-2014 at 01:42 PM.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:53 PM
mcm95403
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Cruisinfanatic
Why? Did you give the seller a chance to fix this before doing so???

Why? Because frankly I was pissed that I'd made a purchase from a misleading auction and I wanted to take care of it "correctly" to make sure that I would get a refund.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:44 PM
Cruisinfanatic
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Why? Because frankly I was pissed that I'd made a purchase from a misleading auction and I wanted to take care of it "correctly" to make sure that I would get a refund.
You didn't think you'd get a refund by simply emailing the seller and letting them know the problem.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:56 PM
mcm95403
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Cruisinfanatic
You didn't think you'd get a refund by simply emailing the seller and letting them know the problem.

Maybe I wasn't clear previously. Since the listing was false/deceptive advertising in my opinion, I felt that I should request a refund in the preferred way by opening a case with E-bay. I could have started with PayPal, but E-bay was step one since the seller did list the auction as "returns accepted within 14 days".

What's wrong, do you think I was being mean/rude by filing a claim for a misrepresented item?
Old 07-25-2014, 07:19 AM
Cruisinfanatic
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Maybe I wasn't clear previously. Since the listing was false/deceptive advertising in my opinion, I felt that I should request a refund in the preferred way by opening a case with E-bay. I could have started with PayPal, but E-bay was step one since the seller did list the auction as "returns accepted within 14 days".

What's wrong, do you think I was being mean/rude by filing a claim for a misrepresented item?
I understand you are not happy. That return policy that sellers put in is a fairy tale. They may say 14 days, but if you file a claim within 45 days with either Ebay or Paypal (can't do both), you are getting your money back. All you have to do is provide tracking that shows the seller received the item.

I hate it when a buyer files a claim against me. I'd simply rather they just email me about a problem. Like most reputable sellers. there isn't much I wouldn't do to make my customer happy.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:09 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,263 Likes on 2,026 Posts

I understand the aggravation and the method by which the buyer chose to do the "refund/return". If it was posted on eBay as a EM product with images I'd have likely been as "pi$$ed" as the OP.

Another thought is, an employee generally does as "instructed" by the BOSS - the excuse/explanation offered up by the seller seems I'd think to be a story/cover.

The eBay request for refund will likely protect many more potential buyers from similar purchases because the seller will likely change the presentation for the product. There's way more here than just a simple eBay purchase that took a "turn for the worse".

I hope the employee found a better job! He deserves it.

I believe recently several mention fit problems with the "other" vendor of these brackets who responded to this post. That vendor mentioned he would post back regarding the quality/fit and I don't believe that was ever done. I don't recall but I believe that was hinted to be an employ problem also.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:44 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
I believe recently several mention fit problems with the "other" vendor of these brackets who responded to this post. That vendor mentioned he would post back regarding the quality/fit and I don't believe that was ever done. I don't recall but I believe that was hinted to be an employ problem also.
I (we) are that other vendor. I remember posting a number of posts on the that thread. The OP got his brackets to fit. The print was corrected to avoid future issues. Sorry if I left the thread without addressing all the questions. But I did follow up behind the scenes to ensure the isolated issue was taken care of.

We have those manufactured for us by a fab shop. The print was a bit misleading on the location of the "centering" tabs. That has been cleared up on the print to avoid future issues.

End of the day, if anyone else wasn't happy with the brackets. I would have returned them, fixed them, or some how made it right. That offer still stands now (a year later) Got one PM and no phone calls after my posts. So I assumed guys were getting them fixed themselves and making it happen.

Quote from 7-2013 on the thread.

"Hello guys,
I have been gathering some more pieces here at the shop. There is in fact a error on some of the parts out there. We know there is some differences in cars and brackets. So I don't think this is complete wide spread.

If you feel yours maybe a problem, please contact me. We have a batch of (wider spread pads) parts coming in 4 weeks, so we can do a exchange or can modify your parts, re-coat them and send them back. Which ever you prefer.

Please contact me via PM or email at drm@dougrippie.com

Thanks
Randy "

Randy
336-350-8256

Last edited by Randy@DRM; 07-25-2014 at 09:51 AM.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:12 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,263 Likes on 2,026 Posts

I (we) are that other vendor. I remember posting a number of posts on the that thread. The OP got his brackets to fit. The print was corrected to avoid future issues. Sorry if I left the thread without addressing all the questions. But I did follow up behind the scenes to ensure the isolated issue was taken care of.

We have those manufactured for us by a fab shop. The print was a bit misleading on the location of the "centering" tabs. That has been cleared up on the print to avoid future issues.

End of the day, if anyone else wasn't happy with the brackets. I would have returned them, fixed them, or some how made it right. That offer still stands now (a year later) Got one PM and no phone calls after my posts. So I assumed guys were getting them fixed themselves and making it happen.

Quote from 7-2013 on the thread.

"Hello guys,
I have been gathering some more pieces here at the shop. There is in fact a error on some of the parts out there. We know there is some differences in cars and brackets. So I don't think this is complete wide spread.

If you feel yours maybe a problem, please contact me. We have a batch of (wider spread pads) parts coming in 4 weeks, so we can do a exchange or can modify your parts, re-coat them and send them back. Which ever you prefer.

Please contact me via PM or email at drm@dougrippie.com

Thanks
Randy "

Randy
336-350-8256
I followed that thread for awhile and I don't recall seeing the 7/18 post because most of the conversation was in June and you mentioned then that there were "no problems" with your prints, parts etc. I just went back to the thread and yes you did acknowledge but it was a full month after you said that there were NO PROBLEMS.

You did get back to it and it was addressed! That's great and the way it needs to be done.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:34 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
I followed that thread for awhile and I don't recall seeing the 7/18 post because most of the conversation was in June and you mentioned then that there were "no problems" with your prints, parts etc. I just went back to the thread and yes you did acknowledge but it was a full month after you said that there were NO PROBLEMS.

You did get back to it and it was addressed! That's great and the way it needs to be done.
I wanted to see it for myself also. The first C4 in our shop after the thread was a 92ish, I had that car ripped apart in no time flat. Then saw that the print someone (including myself) could have put those tabs in either the right or wrong spot. I also bought up a few stock trailing arm brackets for review. The summer is a extremely busy time for guys like us. So it took a bit of time to get it all figured out.

I take a week off over the 4th of July. Every year, no questions about it. That slowed down the process also...... So I can be blamed for the employee issues a bit

Randy
Old 08-30-2014, 11:02 PM
pushrod-v8
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Are these in yet?

Quick Reply: WARNING: Exotic Muscle