C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

New seat covers with (of course) pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 09:49 PM
astepup
Melting Slicks

Received 1,796 Likes on 665 Posts

Default New seat covers with (of course) pics

After seeing a couple of threads that featured people using neoprene seat covers I decided to upgrade myself. Got these from MAM and they seem very well made and are nice and snug. Figured I'd better get the car looking as good as I can because the Black Hills trip is only a week away and I don't want to give any of those "snub nose generation" owners any more reasons to bash our C4's....

What I started with...just standard cloth covers that seemed to work OK as far as protecting the leather but weren't all that appealing...

Drivers seat still in pretty decent shape after 20 years.

Covers as they came out of the box..

Only took about 30 minutes for the install (spent some time swatting at skeeters) and I need to adjust the velcro a bit but overall they fit very nicely and look one heck of a lot better than what I was using.

astepup said that
Old 07-09-2014, 09:52 PM
don hall
Safety Car

Received 218 Likes on 172 Posts

Old 07-10-2014, 09:45 PM
96 Vette CE
Banned Loser
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: They say you learn from your mistakes, I must be a genius
Received 248 Likes on 114 Posts
2017 Corvette of the Year
2016 C4 of Year Finalist
Creator of the "Original" whining and crying thread
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17

Much better!
Old 07-10-2014, 09:54 PM
CDN/AZ LT4
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They look a lot better then I expected. Would you please comment on the manufacturer, where you got them and if you wish, the price. I'd like to something like this.
TIA
Old 07-10-2014, 11:12 PM
astepup
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by CDN/AZ LT4
They look a lot better then I expected. Would you please comment on the manufacturer, where you got them and if you wish, the price. I'd like to something like this.
TIA
I ordered them from Mid America Motorworks and they're it's Performance Choice in house brand. Total was $221 with the shipping. The neoprene is nice and thick and it's very comfortable (with what little time I've had in them so far). Install was pretty simple, I moved the seat forward a bit, slid the back down and tugged it snug then I removed the bottom cushion and slid it into the bottom part of the cover, cinched up the velcro straps and reinstalled the seat cushion. The only thing with them is there's no slot or hole for the seatback lever to flip the seat forward, but the neoprene is soft that it's not really an issue at all. If I had known how good they were going to look/fit I'd have ordered some right after buying the car.

astepup said that
Old 07-13-2014, 08:29 AM
CDN/AZ LT4
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by astepup
I ordered them from Mid America Motorworks and they're it's Performance Choice in house brand. Total was $221 with the shipping. The neoprene is nice and thick and it's very comfortable (with what little time I've had in them so far). Install was pretty simple, I moved the seat forward a bit, slid the back down and tugged it snug then I removed the bottom cushion and slid it into the bottom part of the cover, cinched up the velcro straps and reinstalled the seat cushion. The only thing with them is there's no slot or hole for the seatback lever to flip the seat forward, but the neoprene is soft that it's not really an issue at all. If I had known how good they were going to look/fit I'd have ordered some right after buying the car.

astepup said that
Thanks for the detailed response. I put an order in for the same ones...black with red inserts which look cool in a '96CE. Your pics made my decision easier.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:53 AM
astepup
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by CDN/AZ LT4
Thanks for the detailed response. I put an order in for the same ones...black with red inserts which look cool in a '96CE. Your pics made my decision easier.
That's one of the reasons we like pics here Let us know how yours fit and your opinion of them as well...with pics of course.

astepup said that

Get notified of new replies

To New seat covers with (of course) pics

Quick Reply: New seat covers with (of course) pics