C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Help with console accessory wires

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 03:50 PM
Klondike
Race Director

Received 110 Likes on 89 Posts

Default Help with console accessory wires

I have a 96 LT4 and I have the console top off with the glove box lid removed. Down inside is a three wire plug with tape over the open ends of the wires. There is a tag on the back of the console top that says this is an aux. accessory plug. It has three wires that are superposed to be ORANGE, PINK and BLACK. the black is ground, the orange is battery + and the pink is 12v+. I'm not sure if that is supposed to be switched or hot all the time. Mine is not pink. It is brown and has no power either ignition on or off. The stupid "chittlin" manual is no help at all. I couldn't even find the cigarette lighter on a diagram which I thought might be in the same diagram area. Does anybody know where the PINK (mine is brown) wire goes so I can find out if it has a fuse, which one it is, and if it is hot or ignition switched?
Old 06-19-2014, 04:40 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,262 Likes on 2,025 Posts

Originally Posted by Klondike
I have a 96 LT4 and I have the console top off with the glove box lid removed. Down inside is a three wire plug with tape over the open ends of the wires. There is a tag on the back of the console top that says this is an aux. accessory plug. It has three wires that are superposed to be ORANGE, PINK and BLACK. the black is ground, the orange is battery + and the pink is 12v+. I'm not sure if that is supposed to be switched or hot all the time. Mine is not pink. It is brown and has no power either ignition on or off. The stupid "chittlin" manual is no help at all. I couldn't even find the cigarette lighter on a diagram which I thought might be in the same diagram area. Does anybody know where the PINK (mine is brown) wire goes so I can find out if it has a fuse, which one it is, and if it is hot or ignition switched?
The colors are ORANGE (fused 12V from cigar lighter #44) and BROWN(12V fused at #19 utility) in a '94 FSM - In a '96 is it different? Don't know but I would think they're the same. Is there a utility fuse in the '96 fuse block? They're in different sections of book 2 because they're on separate fuses.

One is 12V from under-hood block (Orange) and the other is only 12V in the "run" position.

Last edited by WVZR-1; 06-19-2014 at 05:10 PM.
Old 06-19-2014, 05:53 PM
Klondike
Race Director

Received 110 Likes on 89 Posts

Thank You! I checked fuse #19 and it was indeed popped! Don't know what could have blown it because those wires in the console have been taped up since I got the car. Fuse may have been switched with one that blew out in another position, who knows what the PO could have done before I got the car?
The tag attached to the console lid said the wires were Orange, Black and Pink, but my pink wire was brown. May have been an old tag from an earlier year, but at least now I know where it goes and it's fuse position. I've been thinking of adding a detachable outlet behind the console lid for GPS or Cell charger for my wife's phone when we go on a trip. No way am I giving up power to my V1 until I run a dedicated line up to the mirror for it.

Get notified of new replies

To Help with console accessory wires

Quick Reply: Help with console accessory wires