C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Oil Light ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 05:19 PM
LTFORC4
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Oil Light ?

When my car sits for a couple of days-- the "low oil" lamp illuminates in the DIC. If I turn the car off and then start it again --- the lamp doesn't come back on. If I drive it daily (which I wished I had that luxury!!) -- no lamp. The car is full of Mobile 1 ----- thoughts??? I also get a small drop of oil about once a week from the front -- could the problems be related. Thanks in advance!!!!
Old 06-01-2014, 01:32 PM
Rastan
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LTFORC4
When my car sits for a couple of days-- the "low oil" lamp illuminates in the DIC. If I turn the car off and then start it again --- the lamp doesn't come back on. If I drive it daily (which I wished I had that luxury!!) -- no lamp. The car is full of Mobile 1 ----- thoughts??? I also get a small drop of oil about once a week from the front -- could the problems be related. Thanks in advance!!!!
I started to see the same thing when I replaced my oil pan gasket. The shop said they replaced the oil sending unit also. Now once in about 10 cold starts I see the low oil light, but the oil level is full. I took the car back the next day and of course they did nothing. I hope some one jumps in with a reason or cure for this.

Quick Reply: Oil Light ?