C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

New Tires on my 95 Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 09:44 AM
Joe C
Race Director

Received 703 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
...post a snapshot of the tire "construction dates" for the tires that were "MADE for" you!
...and the country of origin.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:20 PM
chevyc4man
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pegmakr1
I had my new tires installed from Goodyear, the Eagle F1 in the correct size for the original wheels. I have to say the experience was very good. I had searched for months and found no one had the correct tire for this wheel any longer. I just could not see myself putting a Kuhmo tire on my corvette. ALL tire dealers and online centers do not sell a goodyear tire for this wheel. I was at my local dealership and happened to ask the service rep if he could get the Goodyear F1. He called the area Goodyear sales guy, and low and behold, Goodyear said they could MAKE the tire. So, don't go by a TIRE dealers word. Paradise Chevrolet/ Cadillac got Goodyear on the phone and special ordered my AMERICAN made tires. It took three weeks but it was worth it, nitrogen filled, road hazard, 4 corner digital alignment for $1718.00. With a $100.00 rebate from Goodyear and free shipping. I was allowed to watch the alignment process, and the techs take extra time with the corvettes. Great service, people that really show their admiration for our corvettes. And the ride is like a brand new car.

[ATTACH]Attachment 47797314[/ATTACH]
I got mine from karl chevrolet a month ago, got the $100 rebate plus they had a special buy 3 tires get one free.
Old 05-24-2014, 09:59 PM
bigdaddys95
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

after a careful mth of searching i decided to go to discount tire for my bfg. i could only purchase the fronts at that time which is the 255/45 zr 17.. then two mths later i went back to make appt for the rear tires. they told be bfg didnt make the 285/40/zr17 anymore for the rear but they did make the 275/40/zr17. i asked if that size was compatible for my 95 corvette and he said yes.. so i had to go with those for the rear. i pd about 700 bucks for the set f four. i really do not notice a difference in that size but i do not drive at tracks or at high speeds. well maybe sometimes on the right foot down but not often.. lol
Old 05-24-2014, 11:29 PM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Received 568 Likes on 443 Posts

No idea why everyone is being so rude to this member on here. Stop bullying. Go back to off topic section where this is tolerated..

crap like these comments make this site unappealing to members.

I enjoyed the pictures.

If the gs-d3 was a bad tire, i could see People ranting and saying the op was dumb for getting it. We have heard good things about this tire model from other members with it.

And they still make it in 315/35r17 size...though i wouldnt count on it forever.

If its important to the op that goodyear matches the same tire brand that came oe on his car, then this is his ticket.

Quick Reply: New Tires on my 95 Coupe