C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

seal conditioners

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 09:28 AM
cinor
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default seal conditioners

Well after 20 years the front and rear seals are starting to leak. It is only a very slow drip so far with no tell tell signs on the cement yet, but however they are still leaking. Our season is so short here I want to wait till fall to tear down and replace seals so I thought a conditioner would maybe stop the leak for now. What conditioner does the forum suggest for my 1992 vette.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:06 AM
Cruizin
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Rather than risking a pick & a poke by adding a random conditioning product with your existing oil I'd suggest starting by using a complete high mileage oil designed for the job.

MaxLife by Valvoline seems to be one of the more reputable products with a good reputation that I've heard of - no personal experience.

http://www.valvoline.com/products/br...ge-motor-oil/2
Old 04-23-2014, 11:56 AM
davewhtt
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cinor
Well after 20 years the front and rear seals are starting to leak. It is only a very slow drip so far with no tell tell signs on the cement yet, but however they are still leaking. Our season is so short here I want to wait till fall to tear down and replace seals so I thought a conditioner would maybe stop the leak for now. What conditioner does the forum suggest for my 1992 vette.
I have had luck with Lucas oil stop leak in the past,but havent had to use it (yet) with my 93. It works with any kind of oil. But like the previous post said a high quality oil will have conditioners included. Dave

Get notified of new replies

To seal conditioners

Quick Reply: seal conditioners