C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Where to obtain female plugs to antenna relay

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 01:53 PM
chuckndonna
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to obtain female plugs to antenna relay

After much consternation I finally located the Power Antenna Relay on my '87 convertible. What I did find is a relay that has shorted out (therefore need a new relay) but also the C1/C2 female connector plugs to the relay have major issues which could be the reason my relay is dead. Several of the female sockets on each plug have disintegrated from moisture. Does anyone have a suggestion of a resource to buy wiring plug harnesses for an '87?
Old 04-20-2014, 02:01 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,929 Likes on 4,774 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/O_E...ells_s/259.htm
Old 04-20-2014, 04:28 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,254 Likes on 2,017 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckndonna
After much consternation I finally located the Power Antenna Relay on my '87 convertible. What I did find is a relay that has shorted out (therefore need a new relay) but also the C1/C2 female connector plugs to the relay have major issues which could be the reason my relay is dead. Several of the female sockets on each plug have disintegrated from moisture. Does anyone have a suggestion of a resource to buy wiring plug harnesses for an '87?
It sounds like you only need terminals and if that's the case try this. If you need the actual plastic connector post back.

The terminals for the outers (4) 12110844 and the centers (2) 12015860 you can buy I believe singularly from here:

http://www.terminalsandconnectors.com/

Just enter the part numbers in the search block. Their shipping isn't terrible. I haven't bought from them in a very long while, it's not where I normally buy.

If you can find a GM parts guy that understands terminals you can be helped at most dealers. Not all understand them. You could take those same part numbers to the dealer and just ask.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:27 PM
chuckndonna
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I will recheck the connectors tomorrow to see if the connectors are ok and its just the terminals themselves. Also will depend on whether I can get the terminals out of the connector block without destroying it. I have to open my access area better to get at these two connectors. My experience with local GM parts/maintenance has not been keen. If the connectors are in need of replacement I'll let you know.

Get notified of new replies

To Where to obtain female plugs to antenna relay

Quick Reply: Where to obtain female plugs to antenna relay