C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Bose Replacement- Best Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 06:56 AM
Retxpres
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Bose Replacement- Best Fit?

I am thinking of replacing the Bose. Looking for recommendations for a perfect for a 2 din fit. Would like a Hard Drive to load music on and Blue tooth. I would like the speaker to be under the existing Bose speaker covers. Would like plug and play. This way I can save the Bose head and speakers for possible restoration at a later date.
Photos would also be great along with make and model of speakers and head unit.
Thanks for all help! This is better than walking in to an audio store blind...
Old 04-20-2014, 07:46 AM
ps374
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Retxpres
I am thinking of replacing the Bose. Looking for recommendations for a perfect for a 2 din fit. Would like a Hard Drive to load music on and Blue tooth. I would like the speaker to be under the existing Bose speaker covers. Would like plug and play. This way I can save the Bose head and speakers for possible restoration at a later date.
Photos would also be great along with make and model of speakers and head unit.
Thanks for all help! This is better than walking in to an audio store blind...
Since we are on the subject of the Bose radio is it true you can not just change your radio to and upgraded system with the existing harness. My Bose system is totally shot most speakers are dead and I would like a CD player. I am not interested in a super sound system just something that plays music from the front speakers. Most sound systems have a adapter harness does anyone make such a system for early C4s with the Bose system?
Old 04-21-2014, 01:09 PM
bogart19
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo

Hello, Last year I installed a Pioneer AVH-3400BH stereo in my C4 along with some Polk speakers, I believe the rear were 6 1/4 and fit right in, the front were 5 1/4 and i had to modify the existing housing a bit, and the stereo i had to remove a small piece of plastic in the rear of
the dash , and the system sounds great !!!!!

[ATTACH]Name:  vette speaker small.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  243.7 KB[/ATTACH]
Attached Images    
Old 04-21-2014, 08:50 PM
Sassman
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What model speaker did you use up front? I just did the back speakers myself and need to replace the front pair as well.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:52 AM
Retxpres
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Since we are on the subject of the Bose radio is it true you can not just change your radio to and upgraded system with the existing harness. My Bose system is totally shot most speakers are dead and I would like a CD player. I am not interested in a super sound system just something that plays music from the front speakers. Most sound systems have a adapter harness does anyone make such a system for early C4s with the Bose system?

On a 1994, would I have to run all new wires? I know the amp is behind the seat. Could I just install a new deck and speakers with a plug ang play harness? Trying to figure out what is involved here before jumping in...

Last edited by Retxpres; 04-22-2014 at 06:58 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:11 AM
bogart19
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sassman
What model speaker did you use up front? I just did the back speakers myself and need to replace the front pair as well.
The speakers in the front were Polk db521 and the rear was Polk db651. I ran new wires, because the factory wires were just small wires for the preamp output and not large enough to power the speakers, running the new wires was easy, just remove the 4 bolts from passenger seat and lift it out ( 3-4 min.) this give you all the access room you need to get under console and floor matts.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:10 PM
Sassman
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the info

Get notified of new replies

To Bose Replacement- Best Fit?

Quick Reply: Bose Replacement- Best Fit?