C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

BOSE CD Player doesn't work!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 11:37 AM
bar20
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard Raichert
Got my 94 a year ago. Had both rear amps fixed, sounded pretty good! Put in a CD and it stuck in and didn't play and stereo wouldn't work also. It finally popped out the CD a few hours later. Afraid to try the Cassette player. At least the stereo plays! Would look at aftermarket but car is "bone stock" with 24000 on odo and hate to change anything.

Have some good cassettes from org owner, do cassettes get "sucked in" like CD's? Can you pull them out if they do not play, unlike CD's?
Are those chrome or polished wheels bone stock?
Old 07-24-2014, 07:55 PM
Richard Raichert
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Default I guess not

Originally Posted by bar20
First owner sent them to California to have them chromed, so I guess they are not stock! They sure lokk good on a black car though!
Old 07-24-2014, 11:05 PM
seijack
Burning Brakes

Received 192 Likes on 131 Posts

Dr. Don is the man, I had him fix my CD player and add the I pod port in the cassette door. My rear amps went out about a month ago, yep he fixed those also!!!
Old 07-25-2014, 03:01 AM
CORVETTEV8
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bar20
See below

http://www.ecklerscorvette.com/corve...1993-1996.html
Old 09-01-2014, 01:42 PM
Cruisinfanatic
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Clifton Park, NY ..............Clearwater, FL ... 85 Original Owner
Received 555 Likes on 434 Posts

Originally Posted by N227GB
I tried out my cassette deck for the first time yesterday (forgot to bring one with me when I did the pre-buy). So I shoved a 28 year old Best of Blondie cassette into a 26 year old deck because what could possibly go wrong!

Worked fine, even the scan function. Debbie did sound a little bit high pitched, like the playback was a little fast. What happens with a lot of old cassettes is that the little felt "tab" in the center of the open part below the tapes can come loose. You don't want debris like that in the deck.

I do have some intermittent sound issues like alternator whine, but I can live with that for now. Since I listen to a lot of streaming music, I've been using a little FM transmitter plugged into my phone. Not the best sound, and I get intermod from adjacent frequencies sometimes. I think a cassette adapter is in my near future.
try this
Old 09-01-2014, 04:23 PM
COCOLOCO
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=quickpix;1586695023]Heya! I've got an original Bose AM/FM cassette/CD player in my '93 C4. Just bought the car a few months ago. Went to play a CD and it just stuck/stopped, didn't play. Any thoughts/repairs?
Thanks[/QUOTE

I had mine repaired at Corvette Radio. They sell parts, *****, etc. as well as do full repairs. Got what I though was a reasonable price and came with a full 1 year warranty. Here's the link:

http://www.corvetteradios.com/

Quick Reply: BOSE CD Player doesn't work!