Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Have you ever kissed your window?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 02:47 AM
DStarr02
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Have you ever kissed your window?

I was just wondering i always see people talk about driving on the edge, but i know a lot of us have crossed that edge a time or two and learned the hard way with a sore head. I was driving last summer and blipped the throttle a little too much going around a corner and the back end started to pass me, so i let of the throttle to get it back under control(a little too quick i may add). The car grabbed the asphalt and launched the way it was pointed all the while my head continued straight on into the window. Left a little bit of pain in the head and in my pride too. Just never hear about it and was wondering how many others have done this?
Old 04-17-2014, 07:15 AM
Tom400CFI
Team Owner
Pro Mechanic

Received 3,181 Likes on 2,322 Posts

I've fooled around plenty of times and had a resulting "slide/grab"...but never hit my head. Neck/core muscled? IDK...
Old 04-17-2014, 07:18 AM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Have you ever kissed your window?
No, I've never gotten so "personal" with my car...

That said, upon several occasions, while pulling out of a driveway with rear tires churning when the posi suddenly caught the side glass did smack me up side of my head...
Old 04-17-2014, 08:39 AM
Churchkey
Melting Slicks

Received 102 Likes on 92 Posts

Not a window but:
Scattered a motor @ the end of a straight on a 3/8 mile. Car did a quick 270 & I blasted the wall with the drivers side @ somewhere around 90mph. Head hit the LS side of the roll cage & I got a mild concussion.
Was wearing a quality Bell helmet, I threw it away after that impact. Also installed a better seat with LS containment, roll bar padding & changed to a dry sump oiling system. There is zero control with 8 qts of oil on the pavement.
Photo of the impact made SCR mag, all 4 wheels off the ground about 3 feet.
Wife says I'm still "dingy" 30 years later
Old 04-17-2014, 10:15 AM
TractionControlOff
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

No, but I've hit my head on the roof before, thanks to the lovely tri-state potholes we have here.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:12 AM
ghoastrider1
Le Mans Master

Received 265 Likes on 240 Posts

kissed the windshield in a head-on once. 32 years ago and still limping from injuries and will do so the rest of my life. Be very careful out there and watch out for that idiot coming at you.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:34 PM
peyc2
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Quite a long time ago, I had an C 3 1970 LT 1 and tried a corner way to hard, tried to accelerate through it, but hit some sand with the right rear, and it started to really go bad, so stupidity I felt I could steer into it, after a good slide I found pavement, and the violently whipped to the right, and I smacked my head real hard on the driver window. Lesson learned. This was around 1976
Old 04-18-2014, 03:24 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 341 Likes on 312 Posts

I've hit my helmet several times on the targa top frame while autocrossing.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:40 AM
twentyeggs
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, in fact I've done it enough times that the last time I knew it was coming and still couldn't stop it.

But I've got one better. Was riding my Ninja zx6-rr on a wheelie. Was on the rear wheel long enough to slow my front tire down quite a bit. came down a little too hard and a little crooked. ensued was a violent tank-slapper not even the best cowboy could tame, into a highside. I went face first into the concrete at 65-70mph. talk about kissing an intimate object. I got real personal with that face shield until it ripped off and then I met a curb, a sidewalk, then a few rocks, then a bush, then a concrete street light base that I hit and ricocheted off of to have a second date with the same sidewalk, the same curb, and the same pavement ALL IN ONE NIGHT!

I still got up, and with a broken right ankle and a crazy concussion rode that sucker home with no pegs, no front brakes, and only one handle bar in the right position.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:36 AM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

I wear a helmet.

Get notified of new replies

To Have you ever kissed your window?

Quick Reply: Have you ever kissed your window?