C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Black Out Kits

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 05:07 PM
popps9
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Black Out Kits

My front turn signal and fog lamp lens are showing their age ( discolored and not too clear any more) I'm thinking about the Black out kits I saw in Corvette Central for 92's, Anyone ever use them. Also I need a "good " cup holder the stock little 1"dude ain't cutting it, Suggestions?
Old 04-13-2014, 06:14 PM
MyOtherCar
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

yeah...., in today's driving world I sure don't understand why people would want to have less light, either for seeing at night or being seen at night.

I think they sell that cup holder that attaches to the side of the console. I have one, it works good except for when the passenger's left knee/leg bumps up against it.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:28 AM
85vetteguy
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

When I had my 85 the front fog lights where very faded and I did not want to spend the $ and pull the front bumper etc. I bought a set of the static cling ones and thought they looked very nice. A big improvement for the money. I think I may have put a little adhesive on them just to be sure they wouldn't fall off. I have a set of the hard plastic covers for the rear that were on my 06 when I bought it and I just did not like them on a red car. Guy
Old 04-15-2014, 11:48 AM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

Originally Posted by MyOtherCar
yeah...., in today's driving world I sure don't understand why people would want to have less light, either for seeing at night or being seen at night..
Especially the rear. I have no clue what rear blackout lights are all about. They may look cool in the daytime, but when an 18 wheeler plows into your rear on a rainy night on the freeway, it's not so cool anymore.

Get notified of new replies

To Black Out Kits

Quick Reply: Black Out Kits