C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Seat motor repair?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 04:05 PM
Czarvtte
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat motor repair?

Any forum members rebuilding seat tracks/motors?
Old 03-25-2014, 01:40 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 342 Likes on 313 Posts

That depends on what is wrong with them.

I saw a thread a while back where the poster used a plastic welder to weld the broken seat transmission case on his seats (sorry, I couldn't find a link). They immediately broke again. His ultimate recommendation was to just buy a good replacement transmission.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:37 AM
eutu1984
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 80 Posts
2021 C4 of the Year - Modified Finalist

i picked up a used one in good shape at a swap meet, you can find them on ebay, just remember that there are two different type of connectors round pin and square pin depending on your year.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:10 AM
kevakasper
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts
2017 C4 of the Year Finalist
No-IL Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

I bought a good used one for the 94 but the connector was wrong so I just swapped out the motor from one to the other. I then purchased a new rebuilt transmission from E Bay and proceeded to repair the original track. I will have to swap the motor again if I need to use this but it will be my spare.
I did take apart the old transmission and there is no way to repair them once the plastic parts inside break. They guy that is fixing them bought the rights or the molds from GM. He will not sell just parts.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:21 AM
Czarvtte
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eutu1984
i picked up a used one in good shape at a swap meet, you can find them on ebay, just remember that there are two different type of connectors round pin and square pin depending on your year.
Originally Posted by Cliff Harris
That depends on what is wrong with them.

I saw a thread a while back where the poster used a plastic welder to weld the broken seat transmission case on his seats (sorry, I couldn't find a link). They immediately broke again. His ultimate recommendation was to just buy a good replacement transmission.
Originally Posted by kevakasper
I bought a good used one for the 94 but the connector was wrong so I just swapped out the motor from one to the other. I then purchased a new rebuilt transmission from E Bay and proceeded to repair the original track. I will have to swap the motor again if I need to use this but it will be my spare.
I did take apart the old transmission and there is no way to repair them once the plastic parts inside break. They guy that is fixing them bought the rights or the molds from GM. He will not sell just parts.
Thanks fellas, I'll starting looking for some good used ones. I have an 88, are those pins round or square?
Old 03-25-2014, 07:05 PM
eutu1984
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 80 Posts
2021 C4 of the Year - Modified Finalist

I cant remember what year they went from round pins to square maybe some one will chime in or you may be able to google it.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:23 PM
kevakasper
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts
2017 C4 of the Year Finalist
No-IL Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

You can always just cut and splice the connector or do like I did and swap the motor.

Get notified of new replies

To Seat motor repair?

Quick Reply: Seat motor repair?