Convertible Top Replacement DVD

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 11:28 PM
BobMachus
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Convertible Top Replacement DVD

Hi guys,
I'm about to embark on some major maintenance work on my '88 vert. A big part of this will be replacing the rapidly disintegrating top. I have a new top and a new weatherstripping kit already and the weather is threatening to warm up enough to let me get to work on this. Does any one out there have the tutorial DVD on replacing the top that I can borrow or buy? I am also looking for the clasps for the front bow of the top and the pins for the rear if anyone has some lying around or has a line on 'em.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:23 AM
murraybob
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BobMachus
Hi guys,
I'm about to embark on some major maintenance work on my '88 vert. A big part of this will be replacing the rapidly disintegrating top. I have a new top and a new weatherstripping kit already and the weather is threatening to warm up enough to let me get to work on this. Does any one out there have the tutorial DVD on replacing the top that I can borrow or buy? I am also looking for the clasps for the front bow of the top and the pins for the rear if anyone has some lying around or has a line on 'em.
I have the DVD and have watched it. It is quite well done. Shows all of the steps. Unfortunately, I can't locate it at the present time. I just need a few minutes to go through some of my stuff and I should be able to find it easily enough. I paid about $25 for it. There is a YouTube video that introduces the DVD and tells how to order it. I recommend that. The DVD can be ordered at aoksales.com.

Last edited by murraybob; 03-13-2014 at 09:26 AM.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:42 AM
BobMachus
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks,
I have heard the DVD has some great info. If you could find yours I would love to make some sort of arrangement to buy or borrow yours. If I can't find on one the second hand market, I'll order one when it looks like a good weather window is on the way.

Regards,

Originally Posted by murraybob
I have the DVD and have watched it. It is quite well done. Shows all of the steps. Unfortunately, I can't locate it at the present time. I just need a few minutes to go through some of my stuff and I should be able to find it easily enough. I paid about $25 for it. There is a YouTube video that introduces the DVD and tells how to order it. I recommend that. The DVD can be ordered at aoksales.com.

Get notified of new replies

To Convertible Top Replacement DVD

Quick Reply: Convertible Top Replacement DVD