C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Build Sheet

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 07:33 PM
Retxpres
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Build Sheet

Where would you find the build sheet on a 1994 Corvette? I have the window sticker but not the build sheet.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:52 PM
Operator2
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've read most people find them on top of the gas tank. I've also read on here that someone found one stuffed some where in their dash.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:56 PM
Retxpres
Instructor

Originally Posted by Operator2
I've read most people find them on top of the gas tank. I've also read on here that someone found one stuffed some where in their dash.
Ok I guess that is why I have not found it. I have never looked for it. Did not realize it was buried in to the car. I am the original owner and still love this car as much as the first day I drove her off the showroom floor.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:01 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,254 Likes on 2,017 Posts

Originally Posted by Retxpres
Ok I guess that is why I have not found it. I have never looked for it. Did not realize it was buried in to the car. I am the original owner and still love this car as much as the first day I drove her off the showroom floor.
Since you're the original owner you might be interested in the NCM package that will get you a build sheet and incidentally another window sticker. All will be clean and unblemished! You might like the package.

https://store.corvettemuseum.com/ser...buildsheet.asp
Old 02-25-2014, 08:21 PM
Retxpres
Instructor

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
Since you're the original owner you might be interested in the NCM package that will get you a build sheet and incidentally another window sticker. All will be clean and unblemished! You might like the package.

I have the original widow sticker and should have the original build sheet. The build sheet is just not located. I am sure the build sheet is in good condition since my car has always been garaged and has seen very little rain.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:37 PM
milsurpman
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WVZR-1

+1
wvzr-1 way is the way to go. you dont have to get a window sticker. There is a option for just the build sheet. No need to disassemble your car to get the ones in it. Fuel tank and front frame rail. Build Sheet (Paper) - $35 Members* / $45 Non-Members
Old 02-26-2014, 08:47 AM
tbirdsps
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine is very securely glued to the front face of the gas tank. It's not coming out without removal of the tank. Been there 24 years now so it may survive longer. LOL
Old 02-26-2014, 09:26 AM
QCVette
Le Mans Master

Received 624 Likes on 486 Posts

Just a comment on the NCM reproduction window stickers.

I have one for the '94 6 speed that I had. The mileage figures are wrong on the NCM reproductions. My original window sticker showed 17/27 city/highway, but the NCM shows 17/24 city/highway.

I have seen this same error on several other NCM ones too.

If you are going to get one, make sure it will be correct when you order it.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:10 AM
mixalive
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

I don't see the requirement of "original ownership" in order to have access to these documents on the NCM site.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:02 AM
MARKRUBYRED
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My '93 has two (2) build sheets, one glued and secured on the tank, which I have not touched. The 2nd one, which I retreived was located inside the frame rail, under the power steering pump reservoir. It took a lot of blood, sweat and beers to get it out (needle nose tweezers etc.) but it was intact and original. Not sure what year they began to place the build sheet in this area but it was worth the effort.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:05 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,254 Likes on 2,017 Posts

Originally Posted by mixalive
I don't see the requirement of "original ownership" in order to have access to these documents on the NCM site.
There is no requirement for that and I don't see it mentioned in this thread. I mentioned "SINCE you are the original owner" and by that I meant it would make for an interesting addition to his documentation either just for personal interest OR maybe for a future sale.

Get notified of new replies

To Build Sheet

Quick Reply: Build Sheet