Old 01-27-2014, 07:59 PM
RePete
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Keisler bought out.....

I was looking for TKO info, and found this
Liberty’s Gears/Keisler Engineering Product IP Purchase

Released January 24, 2014

In response to the high volume of inquiries we have received regarding our involvement with Keisler Engineering’s PerfectFit Kits, we are issuing the following statement:

In December 2013, we (Liberty’s High Performance Products, Inc.) purchased from Keisler Engineering the intellectual property (IP) associated with their PerfectFit Kits. It is our intention to market the kits after we analyze the data and integrate our performance upgrades that we feel will provide the market with the optimum product.

Our company has been incorporated since 1971. We are not an affiliation of Keisler Engineering. We’ve made our mark in the industry by providing high quality products. We are known for our Clutchless Equalizer dual counter shaft transmissions, as well as manual transmission upgrades, custom gear sets, prototype work and of course our status as an Elite distributor for Tremec Transmissions.

We realize the demand for the PerfectFit Kits previously offered by Keisler, but we cannot compromise our quality standards to simply fill orders. We are working on getting our kits together, but it is going to take some time. We have been flooded with calls regarding our acquisition. We are happy to take these calls and explain what is happening at Liberty’s in regard to the kits. We thank you for your patience as we develop this product line.
I think I'll hold off and see what happens.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:17 AM
Keisler Automotive
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My understanding from Craig is that he does not want to send any Tremec TKO out the door without the undergoing his extensive modifications to make the TKO perform better for shift quality and durability. These include, but not limited to:
1. threaded countershaft plug
2. carbon fiber lined blocker rings
3. shot peening of clutch gear teeth
4. surface polishing process for Synchronizer Hubs and Sleeves (some people call Sliders).
5. modified Shift Pawl (some people call Shift Finger)
6. modified shift detent system (multiple items)

These items add only $300 or $400 to the price, and they are a great value. At KE, we did items 2 & 6 of our own variation with good results, but not the highly extensive other mods. He has a lot of manufacturing equipment in his shop to do these things.

Liberty Gears does not want the complaints for shift quality of the TKO that we would get and every other vendor of TKO gets.

Shafi Keisler

PS - I am working with Craig to restart the PerfectFit Tremec line.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:13 PM
RePete
Instructor

What's to become of the Ralley series? this is one of the things i was looking at.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:33 PM
RePete
Instructor

Also, what's the time line for the perfect fit kits?
Old 01-28-2014, 06:29 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Old 01-29-2014, 10:21 PM
AJ123
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianCunningham
This is what he said to me today

If I read correctly Craig bought out your company. I want to wish you well and good luck. I love the transmission tko 600 I purchased from you. You made a good product.

Sincerely best of luck

Steve
Bakersfield

Dear Steve

Thank you for your interest. I am at the early phase of this attempt to raise investors - including strategic partners - to buy the assets and restart the operation. I have not formed the new company as of yet, as I am reviewing the best corporate structure for investors in US, Canada and International.

In December 2013, Liberty Gear of Taylor Michigan purchased the Keisler Tremec PerfectFit TKO & T56 assets, with the intent to support the going forward. Liberty Gear would like Shafi and the new company to continue doing what they were doing previously. This is a great benefit to the new company in that it can provide cash flow and profit almost immediately.

The opportunity at hand to start a new company can take one of two paths:

Option A – Purchase KE Operation from Trustee & Start Operations - Produce the custom Transmissions, Kits and Accessories for TREMEC, Rallye Sport RS, Super Sport SS. Then move to the second phase which is a new 6-speed based on the design of the SS700. This option utilizes many toolings in place and $400K of inventory on the shelves at KE.

Option B – Do not purchase KE. Sell Go straight to the second phase, the SS700 6-speed. Upon completion, begin production with a full line of completely engineered kits and accessories. This option requires new tooling and inventory

I have a presentation used in the recent weeks prior to the closing which covers the product line and the opportunity.

I am available today thru the balance of this week to meet by phone. Please let me know what works for your schedule. I can meet any time of the day or evening.

And thank you for taking the time and interest to contact me. KE was a diamond at one time, and could be a better company now with a clean start.

With Best Regards,

Shafi Keisler

Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2014 1:06 AM
To: NewcoKeisler@gmail.com
Subject: sale of company

Wait and see what develops.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:47 PM
40flier
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 51 Posts

You didn't say which model you were looking for, but

Liberty has a good reputation in the Detroit area, BUT they were backed logged for six weeks last summer when my POS TKO600 (behind a compression lowered stock Pontiac 389) broke a 5th/reverse shaft that the shift fork runs along because it was cross drilled AND pinned in the middle. This left me locked in 5th gear and in lower gear positions it locked in two gears at once. Liberty will confirm this is possible. This is the second time its been out in 6k miles. Tremec reminded me there is a six month warranty.

Do yourself a favor and google tremec problems
Old 01-30-2014, 12:52 AM
AJ123
Racer

Originally Posted by 40flier

Liberty has a good reputation in the Detroit area, BUT they were backed logged for six weeks last summer when my POS TKO600 (behind a compression lowered stock Pontiac 389) broke a 5th/reverse shaft that the shift fork runs along because it was cross drilled AND pinned in the middle. This left me locked in 5th gear and in lower gear positions it locked in two gears at once. Liberty will confirm this is possible. This is the second time its been out in 6k miles. Tremec reminded me there is a six month warranty.

I bought mine from KE 3 years ago. Some how I guess damaged the Pilot bearing or it went bad last year. Caused a grove in the shaft from wobble. Contacted KE shipped it to them repaired and shipped to me. Took about 3 weeks.

Had a 5 year warranty on it. Past tense. Had the Dougnash 4+3 crap for 2 years repaired it all the time . Parts not easy to come by.

This one I bought from KE has been a dream so far. Now have a 383 stroker SR and all the good stuff to see what kind of abuse it can take.
Had good luck so far.

This is what he and I talked about warrenty.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:34 PM
RePete
Instructor

I read on another site that the Liberty modifications make the TKO the cat's a$$. Most of the bad things i've read abouthe tko has to do with the 2nd to 3rd shift, and their mods fix that. I was looking at the 500 with my 3.07 rear end.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:28 PM
AJ123
Racer

1. threaded countershaft plug
2. carbon fiber lined blocker rings
3. shot peening of clutch gear teeth
4. surface polishing process for Synchronizer Hubs and Sleeves (some people call Sliders).
5. modified Shift Pawl (some people call Shift Finger)
6. modified shift detent system (multiple items

KE only did two where Liberty did all making it a better product. About $400 more.

I went with the 600 because I was going to the 383 with the Super Ram bosh injectors BBK throttle body. Now I can break my half shafts. Wow
Old 02-02-2014, 04:59 PM
87Disco
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 40flier

Liberty's work is outstanding. Their turnaround time is horrendous. We, who run drag racing transmissions, usually keep a spare trans because we know we will be off the track for 4 to 6 weeks when sending a trans in for repairs. It will be interesting to see how this transition is completed.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:14 PM
40flier
Pro

Pics of broken5/reverse shift rail in my TKO600. I got no consideration from tremec beyond a recitation of the meager warranty. After drilled/pinned at the same location their is pitiful little metal left.
Attached Images   
Old 02-03-2014, 06:35 AM
RePete
Instructor

Wow. was that broken on the street or the track?
Old 02-03-2014, 08:28 AM
40flier
Pro

Originally Posted by RePete
Wow. was that broken on the street or the track?
Shaft broke coming to a stop on the Xway exit ramp. Always thinking about that 49 year old convertible frame. Just a cruiser that can be driven 70+ with a 3:55.

This guy describes the shifting problems very accurately. People seem to love em or hate em, drink the cool aid kind of thing. IMHO it is hard to shift, rev limiter required, noisy, hard to install with crazy bell housing centering tolerances, and on sixties cars have to cut the shlitz out of the floor to cram it in.

Choose your flavor

http://www.w8ji.com/tko_600_shifting_problems.htm
Old 02-03-2014, 12:41 PM
RePete
Instructor

I read that article. that's what led me to Liberty in the first place. i'm kinda hoping that they sell the kits with the mods already done (which it looks like they will), and avoid those issues. I really don't know if i want to deal with a zf.

Get notified of new replies

To Keisler bought out.....

Quick Reply: Keisler bought out.....