C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

94 Climate Control

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 07:20 PM
Giamanut
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default 94 Climate Control

I have all dashes on my cc when i turn on the ignition changed programmer still dashes I thought It might be wiring but it rings out good. Another forum member had the exact problem an a programmer fixed his. I could not find anything wrong with the controller.
Someone told me there is a relay in the engine compartment that goes bad that can cause this? I don't know where it is at.
this did start as an intermittent problem but has since become a hard fault.
Any help?
Old 01-26-2014, 08:46 PM
pcolt94
Le Mans Master

Received 197 Likes on 172 Posts

You should really be in the Tech section with this problem.

Yes, I can give you help because I just fixed this exact problem. And there is no relay under the hood that is at all related to this.

It is most likely your programmer. I just did a write up in the tech section on this whole thing but a bit more detailed than your problem. I actually repaired the programmer. I have done the hard part finding the problem. If you have any electronic skills, you can take a shot a fixing it if you feel comfortable doing it. Getting it out is a pain as only took the board out. If you feel you can't fix it, but a new one. The parts are only a few dollars depending where you buy them.

Read my whole post and make your own decision. You don’t have to understand the technical stuff, but only how to repair it. 4 capacitors get replaced.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-t...-repaired.html
Old 01-26-2014, 09:33 PM
Nifty 71
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Giamanut
I have all dashes on my cc when i turn on the ignition changed programmer still dashes I thought It might be wiring but it rings out good. Another forum member had the exact problem an a programmer fixed his. I could not find anything wrong with the controller.
Someone told me there is a relay in the engine compartment that goes bad that can cause this? I don't know where it is at.
this did start as an intermittent problem but has since become a hard fault.
Any help?
Try disconnecting your battery (positive), you may get lucky.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:29 PM
pcolt94
Le Mans Master

Received 197 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Nifty 71
Try disconnecting your battery (positive), you may get lucky.
Your are correct to try a reset first.

As I did the same thing by removing the fuses. Unfortunately I don’t think you will find much luck her doing a reset. When I reset mine it looked good at reset (sometimes) until it pushed a button. Then it was all over.

Get notified of new replies

To 94 Climate Control

Quick Reply: 94 Climate Control