Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

2014 Black Hills Corvette Rally...any takers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 01:12 PM
Black'95
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

The 2014 tentative schedule for the Black Hills Corvette Classic has now been posted.

https://www.blackhillscorvetteclassic.com/schedule/
Old 02-21-2014, 02:05 PM
Black'95
Instructor

Got my room reservation. I will be close to the start of the action in Sioux Falls because I am staying just across the street in the Ramada Inn on Lyons Avenue. Come on summer!
Old 02-21-2014, 08:29 PM
RossyHusker
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are staying at the Holiday Inn downtown Sioux Falls. Sounds like they had 7,000 people last year for Hot Summer nights. Should be a great time. Looking forward to it.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:56 PM
Black'95
Instructor

Online Registration is now open for the 43rd annual Black Hills Corvette Classic (July 15-19th)!

Here is the link: www.blackhillscorvetteclassic.com/register

Check out the full schedule online as well at www.blackhillscorvetteclassic.com/schedule

Our paper registration form is still being completed and it not yet available - we highly encourage you to use our online registration process to save yourself time, paper, and postage.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:33 PM
QCVette
Le Mans Master

Received 626 Likes on 488 Posts

Originally Posted by Jet21
Talked to my wife and to my surprise she thought this would be great fun.....
I talked with my wife this weekend and she surprised me and is interested. Hopefully we can attend.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:47 PM
astepup
Melting Slicks

Received 1,797 Likes on 666 Posts

Got registered tonight and a room in SF for Wednesday Along with the events in Sioux Falls I signed up for the Dine Around, Vette Street USA, Breakfast with the Presidents and something called the "Iron Butt Tour"...wonder if I'll have to bring a comfy cushion for that one? If I can't make the Spearfish Canyon cruise I'll just do it on my own...MAN I can't wait for summer to get here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

astepup said that
Old 03-03-2014, 11:02 PM
RossyHusker
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got registered today too. Will be at Hot Summer nights in Sioux Falls. Signed up for Spearfish Canyon tour and Devils Tower. Will be at Dine around also. I signed for the poker run, assume it will be concurrent with the other events? Facebook page shows 8 states represented so far today with both NY and CA for both coasts. Now for this cold weather to go away!
Old 03-04-2014, 03:11 PM
DRidgeway
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone would be doing themselves an injustice by not doing Needles and Iron Mountain runs.
They have a combined 600 or so twisties and switchbacks!
Old 03-04-2014, 03:37 PM
Black'95
Instructor

Originally Posted by DRidgeway
Anyone would be doing themselves an injustice by not doing Needles and Iron Mountain runs.
They have a combined 600 or so twisties and switchbacks!
But make sure you do them from Mt. Rushmore south on the Needles Highway and north on Highway 16 which is Iron Mountain Road because then you will see Mt. Rushmore framed in the one-lane tunnels as you go through them. If you do Iron Mountain Road first, then you will see them through your back window. I think the tours are taking them the correct way to see them through their windshields, but those doing them on their own will want to do the Needles Highway first. When you get through the Needles Highway, it is also neat to take the wildlife loop through Custer State Park to see the buffalo and begging burros. Take some snacks (carrots, etc.) so they don't eat your mirrors off! Just kidding, but they do like snacks. Park officials tried to outlaw feeding them years back, but tourists didn't cooperate, so they gave up on the prohibition.

Pigtail bridge on Iron Mountain Road

Last edited by Black'95; 03-04-2014 at 10:32 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:23 PM
Black'95
Instructor

For more photos of the Black Hills region check out the Black Hills Facebook page. Click on the picture of the sky clouds and you can scroll through many photos as seen through the eyes of local photographers.
https://www.facebook.com/blackhills

Quick Reply: 2014 Black Hills Corvette Rally...any takers?