corvetteronw
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 247 Likes on 200 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by csthews
Who in the heck has the time, money and, more importanly, the skills to do this? Yes, I'm impressed. Yes, I'm a bit jealous. Yes, I want to see more. Thanks for sharing.

And here I sit agonizing about how to repair a star-shaped 3" crack in my fiberglass hood
Prayers going out for you and your family sir.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:08 PM
jmc14
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone. I returned home last week from being with my wife's parents in Florida. Her mother was seriously ill and we were there to help her. Fortunately she is doing great.

When I got home I went to my shop to check out my project. I was excited to see the Kellison body again and anxious to get back at it. Then, on Friday, I had a major heart attack. Something, that at 57, I was not expecting. Fortunately I was out of town when it happened and ended up minutes from a hospital with a cardiac unit. They saved my life and did a procedure that will hopefully prevent another attack. Life style changes are coming.

I've contacted a friend of mine that is a great body man. He is going to finish the body for me. Then I will have molds pulled. The first body pulled from the molds will be for my build. This will be a slow process. When I have updates I will post them.

In the mean time I'm looking forward to slowing down, spending time with my family, and driving my Cobra Tribute this summer.

Peace, John
Old 03-26-2014, 10:25 PM
Silver96ce
Drifting

Received 60 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by jmc14
Hello everyone. I returned home last week from being with my wife's parents in Florida. Her mother was seriously ill and we were there to help her. Fortunately she is doing great.

When I got home I went to my shop to check out my project. I was excited to see the Kellison body again and anxious to get back at it. Then, on Friday, I had a major heart attack. Something, that at 57, I was not expecting. Fortunately I was out of town when it happened and ended up minutes from a hospital with a cardiac unit. They saved my life and did a procedure that will hopefully prevent another attack. Life style changes are coming.

I've contacted a friend of mine that is a great body man. He is going to finish the body for me. Then I will have molds pulled. The first body pulled from the molds will be for my build. This will be a slow process. When I have updates I will post them.

In the mean time I'm looking forward to slowing down, spending time with my family, and driving my Cobra Tribute this summer.

Peace, John
As an multi-time member of the heart attack club, I wish you good luck and hope you have a speedy recovery. I've found the most important thing to me now is to enjoy every day (even the crappy ones) and to try to treat my family the best I can. Tomorrow is never guaranteed.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:28 PM
ghlkal
Safety Car

Received 491 Likes on 392 Posts
2023 C4 of the Year Finalist- Modified
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified
C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by jmc14

Wow ... I'm glad you're doing OK. Slowing down and spending time with your family sounds like a great plan
Old 08-07-2014, 07:58 AM
Raidmagic
Melting Slicks

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

.Looking for updates here, not so much the car but making sure you are doing good and are in good health.
Old 08-07-2014, 04:55 PM
rudolph schenker
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 233 Likes on 134 Posts

Old 08-08-2014, 11:38 AM
jmc14
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for checking in on me. To be honest I've not been doing great. I'm a sever diabetic as well as having my recent heart attack. I've been trying to get my health under control and I have been spending time with family. My 9 year old grandson came from MN for the summer. (Im near Lake Placid, NY). We played golf, fished, and spent time at our family lake camp. He left a few days ago. Yesterday was the first day that I went to my shop in awhile.

The C4 roller that I had didn't have any drivetrain. I was concerned about engine clearance so I went to Craigs list awhile ago and looked for a C4. I found a rough but running C4 and bought it for $700.

I stripped the car down and then had the idea that it might be fun to fabricate a roll bar, side impact bars and stiffen the C4 frame with some round tube. Yesterday I stripped out the dash and finished tacking together the round tubing. I'm still going to do the Kellison re-body but I think driving this will be fun.
Old 08-08-2014, 01:50 PM
sahhas
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

man your original project is COOL. i wish you luck.
sorry to hear about all the health stuff....i guess that is life that we all have to deal with. i wish you well, and keep reporting if you make more progress, b/c this is one cool project you are working on.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:05 AM
cadmaniac
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

I'm also sorry to hear of your setbacks, and Hope all gets better for you......But!!!

Your killing me Smalls!!! (ever see the Sand Lot movie?)

I only wish I had the time, talent, and space you have to do all the cool stuff you are up to!!
Old 10-31-2014, 11:22 AM
Raidmagic
Melting Slicks

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Sorry to hear about your health. I gotta be honest I'd be tempted to drive that as it sits.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:02 PM
whalepirot
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 108 Posts

Wow. I love this project and the skill, passion, inventive intellect varied knowledge, etc. behind this... atop the value of family.

Best to you with the health and all, friend.

That project looks like it may well be more fun than my up-and-coming 1955 F100 over '84 C4 suspension/drivetrain. One could view the use of beaten down C4 components as a true tribute to the car, versus a loss of one of the 100000 plus, made!

Quick Reply: My C4 based project