Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 11:14 PM
stevbullock
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Luggage rack template

Originally Posted by 103047boat
You don't have the template for the rack holes do you if so would pay for it. 103047boat
I do have it. A kind fellow from Canada sent it to me and I will send to you if you send me your address. It is not in perfect condition any more but that's what happens when you use it.
The following users liked this post:
skullandbones (03-06-2016)
Old 12-02-2013, 10:39 PM
roadcaqpt
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well did the rear area today, I pulled out the stock insulation and installed the Frost King. Reinstalled the factory stuff, what a joke. The rear was like a echo chamber with all the shelfs and boxed in areas. Removed the rear speakers and it was amazing at the extent of boxed area behind each. Did wheel wells and the shelf above each one, shelf next to and behind the latch assy. Bulkhead inside the storage areas. Will get carpet back in an start the frt wensday. Already sounds better, maybe will be able to hear cell now.

Thanks for the post on this. It is a must do project.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:31 AM
roadcaqpt
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whew, finished driver and pax side frt tonight what a pita on drivers side. This thing should sound like a coffin Oh yea did not know the pax side floor panel under the seat is sheet metal, exhaust heat I recon. will let ya know what she sounds like!!!!!
Old 03-06-2016, 12:57 AM
stevbullock
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by seabright
Make a choice........ exhaust noise or stock/Corsa mufflers.
I have both as well. It is quieter in the cabin and still substantial outside. I only sound deadened the interior, not the mufflers.
Old 03-06-2016, 01:23 AM
skullandbones
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi Stev,

I had not thought about this as a solution to the drone. That's funny because I built a car (Cobra) which has steel chassis with many aluminum panels that make up the cockpit and trunk. It's like a tin can. So I used Dynamat which is pretty pricey. In the vert, I just didn't make the connection. So a big thanks! I'm glad you got good results. If the wife will ride with you, you must have done good. I will be making my trip to Home Depot. I'm glad to know I can do it without breaking the bank.

My vert has the muffler delete so it only has cats and the long resonator. Actually, the drone is not bad but there is a little which can be annoying if you are stuck at that rpm. So it will be good to get rid of the small issue.

BTW: mine came with the wing/luggage rack and I liked it from the beginning. I had to take mine apart and restore it as it had been treated roughly. It looked like someone had sat their big butt on it and stressed and cracked the wing's screws and flanges. It's like new again now. Enjoy yours. It looks good!

Thanks again,

WEK.

Last edited by skullandbones; 03-06-2016 at 01:27 AM.
Old 03-06-2016, 02:13 AM
stevbullock
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Cabin Noise Reduction

Originally Posted by Goldcylon
Have any pics of this project ?
I wish. It was during the summer two years ago, in the garage. Too hot to even think straight. I used the Frost King duct foil/foam combination from Home Depot at $18 a roll. Took about three rolls to do the entire back, into the storage pocket, its fake sister, down the slope to the floor in front and then fill the spots I couldn't get with crack filler foam spray. That seals the deal. The self adhesive property of the foil backed foam is a nice feature. And if it doesn't work a well as you would like, I used some spray adhesive as a back-up. After three hours in the heat the carpet was back in place and an adult beverage was in order. I also vowed to a/c the garage which I have done (two 16K units). We live in Southern Georgia, a few miles North of the Florida line, so it doesn't get too cold for too long so heat is not required. Just a/c. And an adult beverage. Good luck with your project! I hope it turns out as well as mine. If I have a reason to dig into it some day I'll take some pictures of what I can and post them here.
Old 03-06-2016, 02:30 AM
C4.Ray
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by stevbullock
The 1100 rpm "drone" was driving my wife nuts and she was reluctant to ride with me.
Tell her tuff sh*t, it's your Car, do as you wish. With respect stop trying to please others and instead please yourself. I bet your wife has a petty good life and you seem like the ideal husband. She should be lucky she has you.
Old 03-06-2016, 02:40 AM
crowz
Melting Slicks

Received 125 Likes on 108 Posts

After putting the corsa cat back on my vert all thoughts of noise dampening went out the window so to speak. Perfect exhaust sound, no drone, just a very pleasant driving experience now.
Old 03-06-2016, 05:20 AM
enventr
Safety Car

Received 438 Likes on 397 Posts

Originally Posted by crowz
After putting the corsa cat back on my vert all thoughts of noise dampening went out the window so to speak. Perfect exhaust sound, no drone, just a very pleasant driving experience now.
How does it sound with the top down? Is it very noisy? I was thinking about the corsa exhaust
Old 03-06-2016, 01:10 PM
crowz
Melting Slicks

Received 125 Likes on 108 Posts

Sounds great. Its louder than stock but it just sounds right. Not annoying, not obnoxious, just right if that makes sense.
Old 03-06-2016, 01:22 PM
Silver96ce
Drifting

Received 60 Likes on 53 Posts

I have lusted after a Corsa system for a few years now. Every time I have the extra money something comes up. One of these days.

Old 03-06-2016, 04:15 PM
enventr
Safety Car

Received 438 Likes on 397 Posts

Sounds great. Its louder than stock but it just sounds right. Not annoying, not obnoxious, just right if that makes sense.
Thanks for the reply
Old 03-07-2016, 11:39 AM
stevbullock
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Happy Man

Originally Posted by C4.Ray
Tell her tuff sh*t, it's your Car, do as you wish. With respect stop trying to please others and instead please yourself. I bet your wife has a petty good life and you seem like the ideal husband. She should be lucky she has you.
We are both fortunate too have found each other. We were both victims of verbally, and sometimes physically, abusive marriages. You may not realize how looney a person is until you live with them for a while. I am fortunate to have a friend, partner, supporter and lover, not necessarily in that order, to spend the rest of my life with. As we say it's a great thing to wake up every morning with your best friend. Interestingly, it is her name on the title to the 94. As I said in my original post, I don't like the drone either. All the best!
Old 03-07-2016, 12:04 PM
2ooo-C5
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Has anyone actually compared duct insulation to dynomat,
Sure it is a lot cheaper but is it nearly as good.

Im at the point in life that I care less about $200 and more about quality.
If dynomate is that much better I am fine spending the $200 for it.

I have used duct insulation in many cars. It does help.
Old 03-07-2016, 12:18 PM
Silver96ce
Drifting

Received 60 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by stevbullock
We are both fortunate too have found each other. We were both victims of verbally, and sometimes physically, abusive marriages. You may not realize how looney a person is until you live with them for a while. I am fortunate to have a friend, partner, supporter and lover, not necessarily in that order, to spend the rest of my life with. As we say it's a great thing to wake up every morning with your best friend. Interestingly, it is her name on the title to the 94. As I said in my original post, I don't like the drone either. All the best!
Always good to hear about happy marriages. Same thing here - my wife and I often tell each other just about the same thing as you and how lucky we are to have found each other after all the craziness. I'm glad to do anything to make her happy. And vice versa.

Old 03-07-2016, 02:29 PM
Dr.Dumas
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Went to Home Depot Sunday, only 1" Frost King insulation. Must be too many readers of this forum in my area. I will try Lowes tonight.

Quick Reply: C4 Cabin Noise Reduction