Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

From the beginning... to now. The story of my 95

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 03:56 PM
SnAkeDr
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice...Is that Dads Vette next to it?
Old 10-10-2013, 04:09 PM
jimmymack
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11,'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21,'22-'23-'24

Great post, excellent writing skills and a nice eye with the pictures. Nice job on the engine, enjoy it, '95 was a good year. Hope you have many happy miles in the future.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Larrye
LarryE
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts

Hello from a fellow Hoosier! Enjoyed reading your post, nice looking Vette! Really like your choice of wheels/tires.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:26 PM
93 lt1 vette
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Sweet ride
Old 10-10-2013, 09:40 PM
TractionControlOff
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Great post and nice job with the car. Here's to another 120K miles!
Old 10-11-2013, 11:06 AM
ms2086
Instructor

WOW! Great story and nice job with the car. You are living the dream and enjoy that car while your young and able to! Carry on young man!
Old 10-12-2013, 10:40 AM
17inac4
Instructor

Originally Posted by mrmtrtrnd
Thanks for taking the time to share your story and pictures. Your car looks amazing and must be a ton of fun to drive. When my son lived with us he had a Camaro SS and did a lot of up grades in our garage. I look back now and those were some very good times as we worked together on his car and my truck. Times like that well be memories that will last a life time and I cherish very much. I hope you and your dad had the opportunity to spend time together while working on your car. I guess thats your dads C6 in the garage ?

I'm glad to see young guys like you that have a love for these cars and desire to turn your own wrenches. A few years back I thought most young guys were going to imports but I've seen a bunch of young vette owners step in and keep the passion alive.
Yes it is! He got jealous and bought it... he just wont admit that's why he got it

but I agree, I've seen a lot of younger members on this forum lately. Its a nice feeling to not be the only one.

I love your car by the way! I'm a sucker for white..

Originally Posted by Sassman
Thanks for sharing the story of your new/old Vette. The feelings you relate are the same for all the members here, whether they're 17 or 70. BTW, I fully approve of your dream car, as I just purchased mine 1 month ago. You may notice a few similarities.

Hey there! they could very well be twins! very nice.. I'm glad I could relate, its an awesome addiction!

Congrats on the purchase.

Originally Posted by routeman007
"I enjoyed your story of your Corvette Experience! Most all of us share in your sentiments of ownership of the All American Sports Car; The Corvette!"
"I also bought my 2nd Vette less than a month ago. '96 LT1" "Enjoy the 'Ride!' and remember, "Everything else is just transportation!"

Man I am such a sucker for that color combination! beautiful car and congrats on the second ride! I must agree with you, there is nothing like riding in a Corvette..

Originally Posted by 1993C4LT1
Good job.
Thanks man! I was hoping you'd pop in.. Glad to see I'm not alone out there as a younger owner

Originally Posted by maddogwyatt
Lovely car. You should be proud of it and of yourself. Over here in the UK, a 17 yr old would never get insurance on a Corvette or similar performance car. It wasn't always so. When I was a teenager in the '70's (I know) I started with a '59 Bugeye Sprite, then a '63 Jaguar S-Type, '67 Jensen Interceptor (6.3 litre Chrysler v8 motor, is that 383cu.in?) then a '68 Jaguar Mk2. I was never as good with tools as you, just fixed them when they broke. That Jensen started my love affair with American V8's, so a few years later, married to a car-mad wife, we bought a Mach 1 Mustang, finally, a year ago we bought our '93 convertible, and are loving it.
Thanks for sharing, I've had my share of foreign cars... The BMW I just got rid of was falling apart and taking my wallet with it!

Glad you are enjoying your car! I'd like to have a vert one day..

Originally Posted by SnAkeDr
Very nice...Is that Dads Vette next to it?
Yes it is, 2011 Z06 Atomic Orange with (correct me if im wrong) the carbon package? Carbon lip, skirts, ZR1 rims and spoiler... its a beautiful car.

Originally Posted by jimmymack
Great post, excellent writing skills and a nice eye with the pictures. Nice job on the engine, enjoy it, '95 was a good year. Hope you have many happy miles in the future.
Thank you very much!

Originally Posted by Larrye
Hello from a fellow Hoosier! Enjoyed reading your post, nice looking Vette! Really like your choice of wheels/tires.
Hello there

Thanks! I enjoy the wheels, they give the car a completely different/more modern look compared to the sawblades!

Originally Posted by 93 lt1 vette
Sweet ride
Thank you! same to you

Originally Posted by TractionControlOff
Great post and nice job with the car. Here's to another 120K miles!
Thank you! I wish you the best as well

Originally Posted by ms2086
WOW! Great story and nice job with the car. You are living the dream and enjoy that car while your young and able to! Carry on young man!
Thank you! I work very hard to live the lifestyle I do, but it is very rewarding.

Last edited by 17inac4; 10-12-2013 at 10:43 AM.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:00 PM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Nice C6 your dad has.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:40 PM
Sassman
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

17inac4, if your writing and choice of vehicles is any indication, you seem to be the finest kind of fella. There's a heck of a knowledge base concerning C4's on these forums, but I'm thinking you already know your stuff. I've taken on several projects (lights, horn, seat transmission and weatherstrip install), but I don't think I'd have guts or knowledge enough to mess with the engine.

I will offer this bit of advice, before opting for a repaint to take care of the road rash on your car's lower quarter panels, try Dr. ColorChip. I've used their system for covering stone chips on all three of my cars. Follow the directions and you'll be surprised at the results. Their Torch Red blends perfectly and you have to get close to see the chips, once they are filled and blended in.

Quick Reply: From the beginning... to now. The story of my 95