C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Headlight issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 06:47 PM
erieaddict
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Headlight issue

I have a 1990 convertible. Rebuilt the headlight drives using the information found on this sight. They work great, now the issue I am trying to correct is this, when I turn on my parking lights, my headlights are on but dim. When I turn on my headlights, my left head light is very bright, almost like the brights are on, the blue indicator is slightly illuminated. The right head light looks dull. When I hit my brights, the brights kick on, but the right bulb looks dull. I did a search and it sounds like most issues are ground related.
I have taken apart the 4 grounds in the engine compartment and cleaned them, could this be a switch issue? Any advice on the next steps would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:06 PM
tpfarm
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by erieaddict
I have a 1990 convertible. Rebuilt the headlight drives using the information found on this sight. They work great, now the issue I am trying to correct is this, when I turn on my parking lights, my headlights are on but dim. When I turn on my headlights, my left head light is very bright, almost like the brights are on, the blue indicator is slightly illuminated. The right head light looks dull. When I hit my brights, the brights kick on, but the right bulb looks dull. I did a search and it sounds like most issues are ground related.
I have taken apart the 4 grounds in the engine compartment and cleaned them, could this be a switch issue? Any advice on the next steps would be greatly appreciated.
Still sounds like a ground problem. I would pursue that angle further.Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Quick Reply: Headlight issue