C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

AC Delco Battery: Date Code

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 04:39 PM
Drew
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default AC Delco Battery: Date Code

I need to replace my AC Delco Battery in my car. I'm just curious, on the top of the battery there is a small label with the serial number and off to the side of that number is another number 018R...Is that the Date code? I think that translates to January 2008 if so......Please post if you know.....Thanks!
Old 07-25-2013, 06:55 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,255 Likes on 2,018 Posts

That information should be in "black" and likely preceded with a P that is in blue like trhe rest of the label. That is considered the warranty date and if you had "no invoice" it would be used as a date from which to pro-rate. Now if you have an invoice from a couple months later than 01/January then the date of the invoice would be used.

If you weren't the original purchaser then it could be made difficult but that is generally not the case.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:56 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,255 Likes on 2,018 Posts

Originally Posted by curlybare
I have an 07 with a Delco Professional and the code is 120R so I'm guessing Dec 2010 and it has to be charged if I let it set a couple of days, even if I disconnect it. So off to the dealer it goes.
If it was replaced under the warranty of the '07 vehicle "bumper to bumper" then the warranty of the battery expired with the end of the "bumper to bumper". It's quite well stipulated so don't be surprised if it doesn't get a no charge replacement OR even a pro-rated warranty. To accomplish a replacement you'll need an invoice likely.

Get notified of new replies

To AC Delco Battery: Date Code

Quick Reply: AC Delco Battery: Date Code