Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Does anybody know who Ebay user txvetteparts is?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 04:54 PM
toptechx6
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by cheme3093
Hey, I just bought this car. What planning would you suggest? I have been on this forum and others reading my a$$ off about the many problems I have with it and in my shop til 3-4 AM working on it so enough of jumping on me about planning. I have a headlight that doesn't come all the way up and after reading every post I could find on here about it I came to the conclusion that the gear/bushings needed to be replaced in the motor. I ordered the parts and waited then the day before the parts were to arrive I removed my headlight assembly in anticipation only to find the horseshoe and motor mount brackets were broken. I called every junkyard within a hundred miles with no success. I spent countless hours looking for the parts online. Nobody has the right to suggest I have not planned or am lazy. On top of that another problem I have is my dash goes black when I turn on the headlights. I spent countless hours reading posts about the issue and spent hours troubleshooting with the information I had only to find by chance (I grabbed it and yanked the **** sideways) that the headlight switch was bad. I ordered new brake pads, once again after researching here which ones to buy, only to find out the brake pins were grooved and had to be replaced. I ordered those parts a week and a half ago from a vendor on Amazon and they still haven't shown up. I only have so many hours in the day to deal with this car, I just want to enjoy it before the summer is gone.

This business, txvetteparts, seems to have everything I need to get this car on the road and at a fair price so I would like to have a conversation with the place to get this straightened out instead of dragging it out for another week before the parts are even shipped.
I would just appreciate a return email from the guy in a reasonable time or better yet a phone number. I would be more understanding if it was an individual who has a life outside eBay but a company that sells parts all day long should be able to respond fairly quickly.

I was just hoping somebody here knew what the name of the place was so I could make a phone call and get this taken care of. I didn't expect a litany of insults and assumptions about me as a person.

I don't know exactly what the delay is at this business that is preventing them from having prompt communication. I thought having an inept employee is the most likely scenario since I want to believe the business doesn't do this all the time. My apologies for taking a guess at the problem.
Sounds like you bought a 20 year old car with a bunch of problems, if you knew that why are you now acting like someone else is responsible for getting it on the road quickly? If on the other hand you did not know it had a bunch of problems you clearly did not check the car out well enough. Either way, poor planning.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:02 PM
Cruisinfanatic
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Clifton Park, NY ..............Clearwater, FL ... 85 Original Owner
Received 553 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldcylon
Its not worth the argument. This is the level you go to in the pre dispute phase where both members are contacted and the information I stated earlier is exchanged.

And yes it does.

You are confusing the ask the seller a question option which is not what I said. Ive been an Ebay member since early 1997 with almost a 1300 feedback rating so I kinda know what im talking about
Your 1300 rating doesn't impress me a whole lot.
Yes, you can get the Name, phone, and city of a buyer or seller that you have a transaction with. Not otherwise. Ebay sends you the info and also the other party gets notified that you've asked for it. They also get YOUR information

Last edited by Cruisinfanatic; 06-27-2013 at 05:21 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:10 PM
cheme3093
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RollaMo-LT4
And what you posted to him wasn't?

I see nothing in his post that was insulting to you personally.
You on the other hand ....... LOL
Nothing? Here he is saying I waited til the last minute implying that I am a procrastinator and implying I have personal issues among other things: " it's likely been weeks or maybe months "waiting"! A glance at the "calendar" might have given you a "hint" that good weather was likely coming soon!"

And THIS? You don't find this a personal insult? "I don't know that I'd blame the "lazy employee" but I'd say you do understand "LAZY"!"

I don't know if this guy is your friend and you are sticking up for him because of that or what but your assertion that you found nothing in his post personally insulting amazes me. Honestly.

I'm a really, really nice guy but that doesn't mean I have to put up with that garbage. I would never say something like that especially to someone I don't know at all.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:20 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Chill out stick around

These cars are getting old they all got their issues
Fortunately what goes wrong with yours someone here has the answer

Just dont give em a black eye
Old 06-27-2013, 05:25 PM
cheme3093
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Cruisinfanatic
Yes, you can get the Name, phone, and city of a buyer or seller that you have a transaction with. Ebay sends you the info and also the other party gets notified that you've asked for it. They also get YOUR information
Ah HA! Found it. Had to go to the resolution center.
http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/sc

eBay has changed so much over the years and keeps changing I can't keep track of it sometimes. I've only had to call another eBay member once before and that was a long time ago.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:30 PM
Vette Daddy
Le Mans Master

Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts

Hey, I just bought this car. What planning would you suggest? I have been on this forum and others reading my a$$ off about the many problems I have with it and in my shop til 3-4 AM working on it so enough of jumping on me about planning. I have a headlight that doesn't come all the way up and after reading every post I could find on here about it I came to the conclusion that the gear/bushings needed to be replaced in the motor. I ordered the parts and waited then the day before the parts were to arrive I removed my headlight assembly in anticipation only to find the horseshoe and motor mount brackets were broken. I called every junkyard within a hundred miles with no success. I spent countless hours looking for the parts online. Nobody has the right to suggest I have not planned or am lazy. On top of that another problem I have is my dash goes black when I turn on the headlights. I spent countless hours reading posts about the issue and spent hours troubleshooting with the information I had only to find by chance (I grabbed it and yanked the **** sideways) that the headlight switch was bad. I ordered new brake pads, once again after researching here which ones to buy, only to find out the brake pins were grooved and had to be replaced. I ordered those parts a week and a half ago from a vendor on Amazon and they still haven't shown up. I only have so many hours in the day to deal with this car, I just want to enjoy it before the summer is gone.

This business, txvetteparts, seems to have everything I need to get this car on the road and at a fair price so I would like to have a conversation with the place to get this straightened out instead of dragging it out for another week before the parts are even shipped.
I would just appreciate a return email from the guy in a reasonable time or better yet a phone number. I would be more understanding if it was an individual who has a life outside eBay but a company that sells parts all day long should be able to respond fairly quickly.

I was just hoping somebody here knew what the name of the place was so I could make a phone call and get this taken care of. I didn't expect a litany of insults and assumptions about me as a person.

I don't know exactly what the delay is at this business that is preventing them from having prompt communication. I thought having an inept employee is the most likely scenario since I want to believe the business doesn't do this all the time. My apologies for taking a guess at the problem.
I would suggest cotacting Vette Pros in NC. They are an active ebay seller and have tons of parts and great service. Google Vette Pros. 704 320 0073

Also, this is a tough crowd. You're gonna have to grow some thick skin here and not get butthurt so easily. This is a good group of guys that will help you. Just take a deep breath and hang in there.

Last edited by Vette Daddy; 06-27-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:31 PM
PLRX
Team Owner

Received 501 Likes on 342 Posts
Co-winner 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C4 of Year
2016 C7 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Originally Posted by toptechx6
What is that old expression in the car business?

"Poor planing on your part does not constitute an emergency on our part."
Yeah that

Bitching and being BUTT-HURT in here will not ship your parts any faster. Next time order from a high quality vendor like Melrose, Summit or MidAmerica.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:55 PM
cheme3093
Intermediate

Called the seller. His name is Mark and he is a really nice guy. He said his internet service is all messed up. He's going to look for the parts tomorrow and call me in the morning.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:57 PM
PLRX
Team Owner

2017 C4 of Year
2016 C7 of Year Finalist

Called the seller. His name is Mark and he is a really nice guy. He said his internet service is all messed up. He's going to look for the parts tomorrow and call me in the morning.
Next time wait before you start a thread.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:01 PM
cheme3093
Intermediate

Originally Posted by PLRX
Yeah that

Bitching and being BUTT-HURT in here will not ship your parts any faster. Next time order from a high quality vendor like Melrose, Summit or MidAmerica.
Yeah what? Did you read my posts? I'm not butt hurt I'm pi$$ed off that some Negative Nelly jumped on here and shot his mouth off about something he knew nothing about, contributed nothing to the conversation, and unnecessarily left a bad tone about the whole affair. I just wanted the contact information for the guy. I wasn't "bitching" I was explaining why I wanted the contact information.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:02 PM
cheme3093
Intermediate

Next time wait before you start a thread.
Had I not started the thread I wouldn't have figured out how to use the eBay functions to get his contact information.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:09 PM
cheme3093
Intermediate

Yeah what? Did you read my posts? I'm not butt hurt I'm pi$$ed off that some Negative Nelly jumped on here and shot his mouth off about something he knew nothing about, contributed nothing to the conversation, and unnecessarily left a bad tone about the whole affair. I just wanted the contact information for the guy. I wasn't "bitching" I was explaining why I wanted the contact information.
Ok, I bitched a little bit but my intent wasn't to bitch, I was just a little frustrated.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:14 PM
PLRX
Team Owner

2017 C4 of Year
2016 C7 of Year Finalist

Had I not started the thread I wouldn't have figured out how to use the eBay functions to get his contact information.
So you have been on ebay since 1999, and have no idea how it functions until today.

Old 06-27-2013, 06:19 PM
cheme3093
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Vette Daddy
I would suggest cotacting Vette Pros in NC. They are an active ebay seller and have tons of parts and great service. Google Vette Pros. 704 320 0073

Also, this is a tough crowd. You're gonna have to grow some thick skin here and not get butthurt so easily. This is a good group of guys that will help you. Just take a deep breath and hang in there.
Thanks, I'll keep that number handy. I can handle a tough crowd, they just have to expect to get poked back in the eye because I don't put up with that nonsense when I don't deserve it. I'm not going anywhere, I can deal with people like that.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:20 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,255 Likes on 2,018 Posts

[QUOTE=cheme3093;1584264001So two days ago I responded with a list of more parts I needed and asked for a phone number to talk to get everything straightened out and he never responds. I ended up buying a part yesterday from him when the auction ended and sent him another inquiry about the parts I needed and still no response. Crying out loud this is no way to run a business and I'm having the nicest weather of the year in northern MN and my car is off the road waiting for parts. People need to get their $hit in gear and not leave people hanging. It's probably a lazy employee not doing his job or something like that.

[/QUOTE]

Most everything in the original post appears probably "insulting" to the eBay seller if he had seen it! Everything I see is generally considered "bitchin" - I wonder how "nice a guy" he might have been towards you if he had seen the post? You're likely to learn that generally speaking - what goes around, comes around! Your understanding and my comment regarding "lazy" is pretty self explanatory - if you didn't or don't understand it you maybe shouldn't be in such a hurry to attempt to use it as when pointing blame!
Old 06-27-2013, 06:22 PM
cheme3093
Intermediate

So you have been on ebay since 1999, and have no idea how it functions until today.

You haven't contributed anything positive have you?
Old 06-27-2013, 06:22 PM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts

Well, I have been on eBay since 1999 and do remember being able to go to the seller's page and find the information; phone # etc. I went to the seller's eBay page and the only option I could find was a "contact seller" link. I clicked on it and it only allows me to send an email. Are you saying I have to file a dispute or something like that to get the guy's contact information?
Yep

Get notified of new replies

To Does anybody know who Ebay user txvetteparts is?

Old 06-27-2013, 06:26 PM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Cruisinfanatic
Yes, you can get the Name, phone, and city of a buyer or seller that you have a transaction with. Not otherwise. Ebay sends you the info and also the other party gets notified that you've asked for it. They also get YOUR information
No chit exactly what I said. And yes once again no kidding I guess you skipped the RIF program at school. Like I said not worth the argument when you so clearly are too impressed with yourself to know your completly wrong.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:28 PM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Ah HA! Found it. Had to go to the resolution center.
http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/sc

eBay has changed so much over the years and keeps changing I can't keep track of it sometimes. I've only had to call another eBay member once before and that was a long time ago.
Just like I told you.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:30 PM
RollaMo-LT4
Race Director

Received 141 Likes on 116 Posts
2021 C4 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

You haven't contributed anything positive have you?
You just keep digging that hole.

Quick Reply: Does anybody know who Ebay user txvetteparts is?