Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Glass targa roof for a 90

Old 06-17-2013, 12:09 AM
MZee
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Glass targa roof for a 90

Hi, who has one for sale? I don;t like my painy=ted roof.
White 90 needs a glass roof!
MZee
Old 06-17-2013, 12:27 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,254 Likes on 2,016 Posts

Originally Posted by MZee
Hi, who has one for sale? I don;t like my painy=ted roof.
White 90 needs a glass roof!
MZee

Are you driving anywhere the Washington DC area this summer?
Old 06-17-2013, 07:56 AM
MZee
Instructor

Well, I will if you have a glass roof I can buy for a reasonable price!

MZee
Old 06-17-2013, 08:21 AM
MZee
Instructor

Well, I will if you have a glass roof I can buy for a reasonable price!

MZee
Guess I should post this in parts too!With the poor guys that paid for a roof and never rec;d them!

MZee
Old 06-17-2013, 09:03 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Guess I should post this in parts too!With the poor guys that paid for a roof and never rec;d them!

MZee
I have shipped probably 6 tops and had no issues, I've had a box that I used that the return of was always part of the deal. Well the last ship the box wasn't returned.

If I were you I wouldn't do a buy with any kind of a ship involved, there are way to many things that can go wrong. What might concern me the most is the "hand-off" passing through customs just because of the $$'s involved.

I'd probably post a "wanted to buy" in a CraigsList and then just check them all very close before doing a buy. You want a GM top, no after-markets. You might post the wanted to buy here on the forum and just request Canadian or Border responses. This time of year there's nothing to claim crossing the border, one top on the car and one top in the back latched in! Questions, you were showing it for a potential sale!

If you were visiting DC, I've a blue top that I've had sanded and refinished professionally with urethane. I've never put it on a car, it just hangs around. I wouldn't want to sell it unless the buyer was toe-to-toe and we could install it on the car.

Good luck!
Old 06-17-2013, 09:32 AM
MZee
Instructor

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
I have shipped probably 6 tops and had no issues, I've had a box that I used that the return of was always part of the deal. Well the last ship the box wasn't returned.

If I were you I wouldn't do a buy with any kind of a ship involved, there are way to many things that can go wrong. What might concern me the most is the "hand-off" passing through customs just because of the $$'s involved.

I'd probably post a "wanted to buy" in a CraigsList and then just check them all very close before doing a buy. You want a GM top, no after-markets. You might post the wanted to buy here on the forum and just request Canadian or Border responses. This time of year there's nothing to claim crossing the border, one top on the car and one top in the back latched in! Questions, you were showing it for a potential sale!

If you were visiting DC, I've a blue top that I've had sanded and refinished professionally with urethane. I've never put it on a car, it just hangs around. I wouldn't want to sell it unless the buyer was toe-to-toe and we could install it on the car.

Good luck!
Thank you, that was a very detailed and thoughtful answer.
I will take your advice and physically purchase a top I can hold in my hands. Fit on the car etc.I flew to go pick up my car in the very early spring so I can fly/drive to go buy a glass top.They seem nicer but I am alittle converned with the cabin temperature sitting in the sun, must be hot in there with glass.
Thanks again,
MZee.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:54 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Thank you, that was a very detailed and thoughtful answer.
I will take your advice and physically purchase a top I can hold in my hands. Fit on the car etc.I flew to go pick up my car in the very early spring so I can fly/drive to go buy a glass top.They seem nicer but I am alittle converned with the cabin temperature sitting in the sun, must be hot in there with glass.
Thanks again,
MZee.
I've never had anything but the painted top on mine since ''03. If headroom is an issue the transparent top certainly helps there more than one could imagine. I wouldn't think "baking in the sun" an issue with your location!

I would avoid if I could going backwards in years for a fit. You need a top that does '89 to '96 so that your painted top remains a fit. Shop hard!

Last edited by WVZR-1; 06-17-2013 at 09:57 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Glass targa roof for a 90

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Glass targa roof for a 90