Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

I want to swap anntena cables, where is the radio? Behing the driver seat?

Old 05-16-2013, 06:13 PM
BB 2005
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '13
Default I want to swap anntena cables, where is the radio? Behind the driver seat?

I feel like an idiot, but I am bypassing the original antenna with a new hideaway antenna that gets plugged into the back of the radio. So Im reading the Haynes guide and it says something about the radio receiver being in the "Right Rear Cargo Compartment" sp is that where the antenna plugs in? Or is it under the dash in the back of the CD/Radio unit?

Last edited by BB 2005; 05-16-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:56 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 475 Likes on 422 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

The antenna cable will connect to the radio receiver. The unit in the dash is only a head unit used for playing CD's and Cassettes, and using the various control buttons and *****.

On my '92. the radio receiver was on the right side of the passenger footwell. The receiver was moved to the area next to the passenger side storage compartment. So the antenna cable will go to the receiver no matter where it's located.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:41 PM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,217 Likes on 2,301 Posts

It would be easier if you put the year of your car in the question, but if you have the 93 listed in your profile it's in the rear passenger storage bin under the storage tray beside the jack. It's about 2" thick and 6" long and has several plugs going into it. I assume you'll disable your stock antenna so it doesn't go up and down with the radio power?
Old 05-16-2013, 08:49 PM
BB 2005
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '13

Originally Posted by 65GGvert
It would be easier if you put the year of your car in the question, but if you have the 93 listed in your profile it's in the rear passenger storage bin under the storage tray beside the jack. It's about 2" thick and 6" long and has several plugs going into it. I assume you'll disable your stock antenna so it doesn't go up and down with the radio power?
Yes, I need the power going to the old antenna to power the new one. It is a 93. Thanks for the help, i really appreciate it. I was just about to tear apart the dash!

Get notified of new replies

To I want to swap anntena cables, where is the radio? Behing the driver seat?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I want to swap anntena cables, where is the radio? Behing the driver seat?