Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

89 C4 Climate Control-- New Question!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 11:01 PM
revets00
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 89 C4 Climate Control-- New Question!

Just took my climate controller from the dash today. I had the problems like all the others here with the lights fading in and out. I have done this before and it lasted a while. Today I took a little more time cleaning the contacts and bending the female receiver pins up to make better contact with the male pin when you slide the unit back in the housing. Got it back together and it lit up just fine. I had one problem though. On the cool button it would not decrease when you pressed it. You can press the warmer button and the display will go up to 90. The temp button will go up but not down. You can unhook the battery and then the display will go back to 75 but will only go up and not down.

Does this sound like a bad cool button (switch? The button from warmer (increase temp) works fine. This the C-68 climate control unit. This button was working ok before except when the light in the unit goes out. Can that one button be replaced? Thanks
Old 05-13-2013, 04:15 AM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Since it worked before you "serviced" the unit, I suggest you double check your work.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:17 PM
revets00
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Error Codes 89 Corvette

I read of others having this problem on here last night. Even before I was having problems with the blend door, actuator or whatever not cutting the heat completely off. I have a cutoff valve on my heater hose now. Tried to do the diagnostic test on the climate control pressing the buttons. I think it is giving a "-01" code. The ac needs Freon now but wanted to get these things fixed first.Not sure if that would cause an error to.

Do they not sell these actuator motors anymore? Will one off a Cadillac close to that year with climate control work?

Get notified of new replies

To 89 C4 Climate Control-- New Question!

Quick Reply: 89 C4 Climate Control-- New Question!