Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

I got a ticket yesterday!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 02:42 PM
mazdaverx7
Le Mans Master

Received 559 Likes on 399 Posts

as a law enforcement officer , i will agree with a lot of the statements posted. there are officers out there that do give out total bull crap citations. this gives the rest of us that actually do our job and serve the community a bad reputation. law enforcement is a thankless job because for the most part, we do write a lot of traffic citations. i write a lot of traffic citations but i consider the citations that i write, solid tickets. i don't write speeds under 14mph over unless its a residential neighborhood, i don't write equipment violations regarding vehicle lighting, unless the driver is just plain driving after dark without headlights. i've written one loud music ticket and the 17 year old kid earned that one by pulling up at a stop light next to me and turned his music up loud enough that it rattled my car and just to impress his buddies. there's a way of doing your job without being a butthole to people. there's no point in it? you're just going to catch grief down the road and be known as a typical hardass cop that is a revenue generator. i could personally care less about generating city revenue. i don't see a kick back from it and no one on our department has gotten a raise in 4 years.

i know most of you guys are not close, but i would like to extend the invitation for anyone here on this forum to come to my department and ride along with me one night. you would have fun.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:01 PM
RetiredSFC 97
Team Owner

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10, '14

No one loves their music better than I do, and I must say I like your two choices you mentioned.

But I learned a long time ago not to cruise around with an open top blasting my music.

The rap thumpers ruined it for all of us. So I just don't do it anymore. But I'm not an open top kinda person anyway.

But put me out on the open road and I can't hear the person next to me.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:04 PM
RetiredSFC 97
Team Owner

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10, '14

Originally Posted by mazdaverx7
as a law enforcement officer , i will agree with a lot of the statements posted. there are officers out there that do give out total bull crap citations. this gives the rest of us that actually do our job and serve the community a bad reputation. law enforcement is a thankless job because for the most part, we do write a lot of traffic citations. i write a lot of traffic citations but i consider the citations that i write, solid tickets. i don't write speeds under 14mph over unless its a residential neighborhood, i don't write equipment violations regarding vehicle lighting, unless the driver is just plain driving after dark without headlights. i've written one loud music ticket and the 17 year old kid earned that one by pulling up at a stop light next to me and turned his music up loud enough that it rattled my car and just to impress his buddies. there's a way of doing your job without being a butthole to people. there's no point in it? you're just going to catch grief down the road and be known as a typical hardass cop that is a revenue generator. i could personally care less about generating city revenue. i don't see a kick back from it and no one on our department has gotten a raise in 4 years.

i know most of you guys are not close, but i would like to extend the invitation for anyone here on this forum to come to my department and ride along with me one night. you would have fun.

Most of them would probably be yelling at you to pull that one over and give him a ticket so they can see them get pissed off.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:12 PM
Slow_Lane
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom400CFI
That is total BS, IMO....But I've gotten pulled over for way, way worse.

*Accelerating too fast (145hp LG4 Trans Am)
I had an 82 LG4 TA with a four speed that wasn't "fast" but sounded good and could do impressive burn outs...good enough for me at that age but I digress..I think I've got you beat.

I got a 45 in a 30 ticket..cop whipped around less than one half city block from a stop sign I had stopped at in my non-turbo diesel Jetta. All of 55 hp and on about a 20 degree morning, only a block from my house...there was no way.

That being said I have gotten out of more tickets I deserved than I have ever recieved tickets I didn't deserve.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:26 PM
MikeIz 82VETTE
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

I can imagine the stuff you guys go thru, like i mentioned earlier my little brother is a officer and he tells me some stories and i also have many good friends in law enforcement. Hats off to you guys!
I'm over it now and hopefully my connection has it taken care of, it's a 200 dollar ticket! You seem like a pretty cool guy and you must be you drive a vette! and there's officers like that down here i must have just run into a vette hater that day!!
Old 05-08-2013, 06:02 PM
mazdaverx7
Le Mans Master

Received 559 Likes on 399 Posts

i've honestly only cited two Corvette owners. the one guy was a complete jerk and felt that he could drive 85 mph in a 65 mph zone because the car was capable of handling that speed safely. while i didn't dispute that fact, i did however feel 20 mph over the limit was unsafe for other traffic and potentially for the driver and he was subsequently cited and had a poor attitude afterwards. the other guy was nice but was going 94 mph in a 65 mph zone... i can't not cite for that and the driver was understandable and was polite.

i try to be a decent guy and i know what its like to listen to loud music (thank you Bose) and i speed here and there. i'm human and a car enthusiast before a police officer. if however i get pulled over for speeding or what not, i'll take the ticket and pay it without question. i'm no different than a regular citizen and should be held accountable for my actions.

i am serious though guys, if any of you want to come and ride along for a few hours one night, message me and we'll set it up, no questions asked.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:29 PM
FOURSPEEDVETTE
Safety Car

Received 224 Likes on 156 Posts

i've honestly only cited two Corvette owners. the one guy was a complete jerk and felt that he could drive 85 mph in a 65 mph zone because the car was capable of handling that speed safely. while i didn't dispute that fact, i did however feel 20 mph over the limit was unsafe for other traffic and potentially for the driver and he was subsequently cited and had a poor attitude afterwards. the other guy was nice but was going 94 mph in a 65 mph zone... i can't not cite for that and the driver was understandable and was polite.

i try to be a decent guy and i know what its like to listen to loud music (thank you Bose) and i speed here and there. i'm human and a car enthusiast before a police officer. if however i get pulled over for speeding or what not, i'll take the ticket and pay it without question. i'm no different than a regular citizen and should be held accountable for my actions.

i am serious though guys, if any of you want to come and ride along for a few hours one night, message me and we'll set it up, no questions asked.
I salute you! Being a Firefighter myself, I've had a few opportunities to do "ride alongs" with my own Police Department. Firefighters are hailed as hero's lots of times, but in my opinion most police officers are the real hero's. I was scared to death on these rides with the police! You fellas put up with a lot of grief! There are always a few bad examples in every occupation. Public servants are the only ones who seem to get noticed so much. Stay safe!
Old 05-10-2013, 07:48 AM
gungatim
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 84 Posts

All I've got to say is anyone who wants to blare Boston or Styx is welcome in my neighborhood any time....One of the reasons I live out in the country, less hassle by the man.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:38 PM
red89c4
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boston Styx Foreigner Journey CRANK IT UP!! adds 10 RWHP everytime i start the engine. next time get the shift supervisor on the scene. if he says you get a ticket, sign it and pay.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:08 PM
PSU69
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's always the chance that the cop won't show at the hearing. In PA, if you pay the fine + $5, you get a hearing before a district justice. I paid the extra $5, the cop didn't show, and I won. Go for it. Good luck!

Quick Reply: I got a ticket yesterday!!