C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

same problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 06:02 PM
joeanoker
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default same problem

Took the car out today (96 42,000 mi) for a ride on a fantasic day, temp about 65. Traveled about 15 miles rt on express way and reached speeds 65-70. Car ran great. When i got home as i was pulling into the garage the fans kicked on (car temp was fine) i turned car off. Within 5 minutes i had about a cup of antifreeze on the floor and resoviour was full. After a while coolant was back in block and engine had cooled down. I have in the past year replaced; water pump, thermostat, hoses, and radiator cap. The manual says that traveling on a hot day and on hilly road (which i did on the way home) can make engine over heat. What does anyone think about this??
Old 03-10-2013, 06:37 PM
Cruisinfanatic
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Clifton Park, NY ..............Clearwater, FL ... 85 Original Owner
Received 553 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by joeanoker
Took the car out today (96 42,000 mi) for a ride on a fantasic day, temp about 65. Traveled about 15 miles rt on express way and reached speeds 65-70. Car ran great. When i got home as i was pulling into the garage the fans kicked on (car temp was fine) i turned car off. Within 5 minutes i had about a cup of antifreeze on the floor and resoviour was full. After a while coolant was back in block and engine had cooled down. I have in the past year replaced; water pump, thermostat, hoses, and radiator cap. The manual says that traveling on a hot day and on hilly road (which i did on the way home) can make engine over heat. What does anyone think about this??
I think your radiator needs to come out for cleaning
see
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-g...of-debris.html
Old 03-11-2013, 11:22 AM
joeanoker
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just spent about an hour with the air compressor blowing out the crap that had collected on the radiator. I had enough to make a nice nest for an eagle. I couldnt believe that much was there. I will do this now regularly and hope that it solves the problem. thanks for advice.

Get notified of new replies

To same problem

Quick Reply: same problem